• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Cats Rule

iconoclasst

I adopted a kitten from a shelter. He had already been returned by 2 families as they found him too aggressive he had been marked for Euthanasia. I said I would take him home and reform him into a not-so-aggressive cat. This is the kitten that came home with me that day.
[youtube:257epy6v]FZiLrex99wU[/youtube:257epy6v]

This is my 2 cats together. (Darius and Dashel)

[youtube:257epy6v]hyZ5Ali3yC8[/youtube:257epy6v]

[youtube:257epy6v]5r2-B8XA5ms[/youtube:257epy6v]

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, I can see why some people would have issues with that puss icon. My advice would be to go and spend a couple of hundred bucks on a cat edifice (you know those things with scratchy rope bits and platforms and stuff).

I have 2 cats and they use that thing all the time for scratching / sharpening claws. Certainly saves them messing up your furniture.

Is the little one a particular breed of anything?

iconoclasst

No Darius is a bitsa. Bitsa this and bitsa that. The adult cat (Dashel) is abysinian x burmese.

Do you mean a cat tree? [youtube:3bmb40bv]XvuOYbeWEPg[/youtube:3bmb40bv]

You shoulda seen me trying to get that thing in my MR2. I had to remove the roof and it stood out about 5 feet. The pet store owner came out and photographed me driving off.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah man like that, but the one I have got has sisal rope wound around it on the vertical bits which is great for their claws & saves the house from being demolished by a 4 pawed assassin.

iconoclasst

Yeah he's big enough to go outside now (just over 1 year old)

He has his vantage spots and his favourite trees to climb. He's a very good cat now. A little fiesty if he is frightened but he is fine and fits into our household pretty well.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool, well kudos to you sir for saving an animal from being euthaniased.

We got our cats from a vets that people come in and dump kittens on when their cats get knocked up and have litters. They came all chipped and wormed / desexed etc and they cost the amount of all of those treatments (so effectively free).

Synonym

We picked up our cat Gizmo 8 years ago from the RSPCA shelter. He's the most spoilt cat, having his own queen sized bed (Our guest room) and an assortment of sleeping places throughout the house.

noobItUp said:
Yeah man like that, but the one I have got has sisal rope wound around it on the vertical bits which is great for their claws & saves the house from being demolished by a 4 pawed assassin.
Agreed. That Sisal rope is a life saver, or rather a furniture saver.

RyAn.

lol kittens are awesome!

i have two cats which are five now, one cat which is fat and just sleeps and eats, the other is scared of everything and i hardly see her.

miss when they were kittens, used to be my entertainment for the night :)

iconoclasst

Synonym said:
We picked up our cat Gizmo 8 years ago from the RSPCA shelter. He's the most spoilt cat, having his own queen sized bed (Our guest room) and an assortment of sleeping places throughout the house.

noobItUp said:
Agreed. That Sisal rope is a life saver, or rather a furniture saver.

I've known a few "Gizmo's" over the years and their owners always spoil them. There's something about the name.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have 2 cats. One black cat that is a real stress head but has taught herself to chase paper balls and bring them back. When you get home from the shops, you just scrunch up the shopper docket and toss it and she goes nuts and chases after it, picks it up in her mouth and brings it back and drops it at your feet. She'll do this over and over again till you get bored with it.

The other cat would never demean herself to such shenanigans and is allergic to fleas!

iconoclasst

Yeah my youngest Darius is only big enough to hunt moths and crickets at the moment but he proudly carries around their remains in his mouth. My best mate Matt (who has cerebral palsy) has 2 cats and his youngest (Jasper) has learnt to use the toilet. He just sits up on the seat and takes a dump like a human. We haven't been able to get him to fulsh yet but I expect he will pick that up too.

I've never seen a dog use the toilet !

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
The other good cat story I have is about my wife's cat she had while she was growing up. She lived on a farm, so this cat knew how to look after itself. It used to go hunting at night and catch rats and bring them into the house and eat them in the kitchen. It ate everything except the liver which it would leave on the floor for you to step on in the morning.

This cat could also jump from the floor of the house into an open man-hole in the ceiling. I didn't believe missus noob that the cat could do it until I saw the cat do it myself.

Massive respect for that cat.

iconoclasst

Yeah just on that liver thing. Dashel will eviscerate a bird and almost surgically remove the liver and put it to one side.

Strange coz I know cats really like lambs fry which is also liver.

bloodnut

ET Moderator
Hehe cats r orsum. Good on you icono for salvaging that 1, totally blends in with your bedspread :p Loved the ET noises in the 2nd vid :p "Yes!" but couldn't identify the movie in the 4th rofl. I guess some ppl r cat ppl and sum r dog ppl; and maybe some ppl r both :D Both species have endearing traits. Cudos!