• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Christmas Maps

Trigger Happy

Hey all, long time no see. Finally popped my head in since I have some holidays and it's great to see a few familiar faces alive and shooting :)

However, it is December and I don't see any snow, Christmas hats or presents to give out from your generous medics and fops! Need I mention the crowd favourite Xmas Sniper? Can we ramp up the Christmas spirit (tis the season for it) and bestow back this festive tradition?

Good to see you all again and looking forward to slightly improving my K/D from 2-22 this holidays :)

Cheers

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Could someone please link the 'good' version of xmas sniper? I don't have the ability to test them atm and there are quite a few versions. Looking for the mod also.

Trigger Happy

Here are a couple of files I found in my ET folder for sounds / mods. Uploading a few maps to check out too (might take a little while though!).

Cheers

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
well just got lucky, found UJE_christmas_sniper_b7.pk3 in the disabled folder, and an xmas modpack on the fileserver. So, rebooting and fingers crossing. Thanks also Trigs o/

Trigger Happy

Hey Fern, If I can find a different version of xmas sniper, can we put that up? This one currently makes it way too easy to cross to the other side...I know we used to have a version that was just the sleigh that let you get across and as much more fun :)

I will see if I have that version or not, but from a quick non-conclusive poll last time we were playing this, the others agreed it was much more fun!

Cheers

Teddles

whats wrong with getting to the other side? If its going to be 30 minutes, crossing over might break up the monotony.

Trigger Happy

You can still get to the other side using the sleigh. The fact that it is so easy makes it harder for it to actually be any sort of a sniper map since people can easily jump on the train and medic stomp the other side. Having to jump off the sleigh and not die gives them a bit more of a challenge if they want to not snipe :)

Cheers