• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Coming Clean

bloodnut

ET Moderator
Hello

I'm not a rampant poster, but I certainly have whacked up some strange ones over the years (ty alcohol influenced forum spamming). I think it is time I put up something interesting, and perhaps informative.

Over the years, I told people in the ET community various reasons about why I am no longer working for the Australian government, specifically, Immigration, for whom I worked for 7 years prior. Some of it was half-truths; some of it was utter bs. At the moment, I am trying to get my back problems fixed so I can return to working for them, but I am having mixed feelings about whether or not I actually want to work for the government again, even though they have said they would be willing to take me back.

You will note that my forum profile states that I am a pensioner; a disability pensioner, in fact, diagnosed with Schizophrenia. In fact , we both have been diagnosed with it (just kidding :p). My doctor came up with that diagnosis because she thought I was delusional, but I diagnose her as ignorant. Largely, I was struggling with anxiety and depression with something specific, but I will only give you general information here.

Needless to say, the video links (and I prefer links over embedding myself) are somewhat related, but I won't give you specifics. I must say though, that they contain adult themes, and should only be viewed by those who are mature enough to handle said themes.

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2011/09 ... gence.html

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2011/08 ... gress.html

Before you start thinking "hell, this dude was pissed and started posting" I would add that I have done this specifically and intentionally, and it is merely coincidental that I am posting it at 2.30am. I am on pain medication, so I basically sleep twice a day, which is annoying but essential at this time. Basically, I do not care if I broadcast that I have had mental health issues, as from what I can see from day to day, most of the world does, and it does not bother me that people know about it.

I posted this because I felt obligated to perhaps rectify some wrongs about what I have told people, and in a broader sense, perhaps give some people information about where the world is headed; I say perhaps, because every individual can make up their own mind.

Take care, Adrian

Joke :D

I personally don't/won't think any differently of you as a person, and this post does give us a more personal insight into one of the funnest members of the ET community (even if you are a rnade whore)

I bet it took alot for you to say all this so publically, so well done for posting man.

Love <3

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Props to you good sir.

Not everyone is perfect IRL and I applaud you for being up front.

ggz - noob.

JoKeR

Have to admit Blood, the title had me fooled. I thought you were going to make an announcement of a more sexual nature :p.

All jokes aside bro, you have always come across as very normal, level headed and a great guy over the net. It takes a hell of alot of courage to write what you just did, and i respect you for that. We all go through hard times (depression is something everyone goes through at some point), it's how you come through on the other side that counts.

<3

G-Train

JoKeR said:
All jokes aside bro, you have always come across as very normal, level headed and a great guy over the net. It takes a hell of alot of courage to write what you just did, and i respect you for that. We all go through hard times (depression is something everyone goes through at some point), it's how you come through on the other side that counts.

<3
Well said mate, couldnt agree more.

<3 Blood

Bandido

ET Moderator
Wow mate, the word courage doesn't really do you justice. I've had depression and its very very hard to talk to anyone about.
Kudos to you mate, I thought highly of you before but it just went up a level.

nelots

Props to you good sir Nut mang, if you ever need a second opinion, I'm a Dr :banana:

In all seriousness though, over the years I've never thought of you as being anyone with problems.
Hope your back problems get better, those injuries are such a b!tch but I've found if you do low resistance exercises eg. exercise bike or one of them incumbent exercise machines will do wonders in strengthening the back muscles and lowering the pain threshold.

Inglourious Basterd

Good onya blood. I've always thought you were great guy, and will never think any differently from what you have said here. I know how hard it is to tell people about the illness Depression. I've been on medication for it myself a couple of times. Some people are just ignorant to the fact that it actually is an illness and may say things like "snap out of it" and "harden the fk up" and so on, but telling someone with depression to harden up is like telling a diabetic to stop taking Insulin.

Also, Ufology is one of my favorite subjects, and have done a sh!t load of research on it. I'm not going to a write a thesis about it all right now.... But for what its worth mate, ( I'm not going to speculate in this thread of what I think you may be going through, or have been through ) but you are not alone by any means.

<3 IB

bloodnut

ET Moderator
Wow! I must admit I had expected either no comments at all, or perhaps some minor backlash, but I was prepared to wear it. All I can say is thank you very much. :)

Death_Reincarnated

I thought u were like <20yrs old lol :) anyways...

Everyone has reasons for what they do and I have never thought of you as a bad person...nor has this changed after reading this.

I hope all gets better for you....with time I'm sure it will. ---> "It's always darkest before the dawn."

Oh and here is another one. ---> "There is nothing bad that would not turn into good."

As for the UFO bit...well its an open-end discussion. ;)

Bandido

ET Moderator
Off topic a bit...but UFO's, I'm sure blood wouldn't mind me stating this if he keen for a disscussion. I saw some when I was a kid with my Mum at the drive-in. Was four or five lights a long way up in the sky, just flying in formation, so far away they looked like stars. Next day in the paper "UFO's sighted in Swan Hill" which is a town 300 clicks east, no explanaton was ever given.

keith

It does take an amount of courage to speak openly about mental illness, of any form, and I hope you will feel vindicated by the warm responses you have garnered from your announcement.

I was treated and medicated for social anxiety/depression (Dysthymia [<3 Sunn]) just last year, and it is heartening to see this from another person. We are all burdened in our own way, but speaking about it can lighten the load for some.

bloodnut

ET Moderator
Agreed, particularly when other people can't really understand how bad depression can get. Bandido, I have never seen anything unusual but have done some "research" on the issue generally for 17 years on and off - and it became personal 13 years ago. Psychs were telling me for years to not think about it, read books etc. but I only overcame it by stopping my meds (so I could think more clearly, and I'm not advising anyone else to do likewise) and then tackling the issue head-on by myself. There are a plethora of world-wide reports, backed up in news media and sometimes government documentation (obtained under Freedom of Information Acts - heavily blacked out of course; mostly from US agencies) that are exactly the same as what you have described (though there are variations, as you would expect).

C!t3ZeN

*Fist Pump Blood*

I personally have never experienced a mental illness nor have I ever witnessed a UFO, however I am fascinated by both subjects.

No judgments from this end of the keyboard, just respect. One can only express themselves honestly.