• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Computer Case Recommendation?

i0nwr1t3r

Hi Guys & Gals,
So I have finally decided to upgrade my computer case , here's what I have right now.

The main things I need are

USB 3.0 (or an upgrade kit to install it)
Twin 120mm fan slots to install this Corsair H100 water cooler due to overheating issues.

It needs to fit my 4 HDD's , 1 DVD burner , 1 Graphic Card (Double slot , stock fan) & a couple of PCI devices + 750w PSU.

Regular ATX Mobo

Budget for the case is $250 Aus approx (negotiable).

I need to bring my temp's down , no aircon at home sadly. :(

I'll be buying in person from one of my local pc stores MSY | Pccasegear | Scorptec.

All coloured hyperlinks are clickable & All suggestions would be welcome. :D

i0n

Edited after G's epic Transformer case (many times...lol).

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
I know I'm a bit of an Antec Fanboi but go with the Antec Nine Hundred and Two, fits 11.5 inch GFX perfectly, Front HDD Loading bay. 4 Stock adjustable fans, blue Led's (not really that helpful... XD).

Has native front USB 3.0 Support. Front Audio, Reset as well as Power Obviously.

I have found it has great airflow, it has a side clear panel, although I found it sometimes "creeks" with temp changes for the first few days, but it adjusts and that goes away pretty quickly.

Bandido

ET Moderator
I have an Antec 1200, it was $235 two years ago, but I and still have overheating problems. I've taken the sides off it to help with cooling, the fans get blocked up so quick and are a real bitch to clean

Tyrian

I've got the Antec 900-2 also & love it.
The only thing to look out for is the size of your video card. I've got a Sapphire Vapor-X 4890 which is a long card & with the 6 pin power connectors on the end, it is a pretty tight squeeze to the hard drives with only about 3-4 cm clearance. Really well thought out case with the fan/filter setups. Cable management is excellent if you're into the clean look.

i0nwr1t3r

I just got feedback from pccasegear that they couldn't garauntee the cooler would fit with the case I asked for , 3 different ones , they recommended a corsair 400r , that will fit the cooler.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_961&products_id=18306

Order is placed , just waiting for the pick to be ready , got 16GB of corsair ram to go with it! xD

Thanks for your recommendations guys , feel free to keep this thread going if it can help anyone else choose a case. :)

i0n

Bogan

I have a grey/black box when i press the start button a light comes on and i can play ET. Cheers Boags

G-Train

i Just upgraded to the Antec 900 2 and its freakin awesome. Fits my tripple fan gtx570 sweet as. At night it looks like a young blokes skyline :)

Bandido

ET Moderator
I have a grey/black box when i press the start button a light comes on and i can play ET. Cheers Boags
I obviously should have been coming to you with my my computer probs, apologize for not having more faith in you.

Marge

huh i thort mine was odd for overheatting but im just going to buy a cooling mat 50 bucks with 2 fans in it meh.