• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

config issues

Joke :D

I'm having a few issues with my config.

I've got this in my config for resolution size:

seta com_crashed 0
seta r_mode -1
seta r_customWidth 1280
seta r_customHeight 720
seta r_displayRefresh 60

When i start ET, it comes up 1080x720 windowed mode. Everything works fine. I /exec my config, and everything still works fine. When i do a /vid_restart, however, everything gets incredibly laggy. I go down to maybe 1, maybe not even 1, frame per second, and the sound becomes really stuttery, and everything in general become laggy. I've done the exec and vid_Restart before i connect to server, whilst i'm on the server, and after leaving the server. Same deal each time. I've done /vid_restart without /exec'ing my config, and same thing happens

However, I can start up ET through TZAC/SLAC, /exec and /vid_restart my config, connect to an ETpro server, and everything is fine. (but tzac doesnt run on etpub so whats the point)

halp

Bogan

Have you tried default and gone through config one by one? might sound stupid but i know nothing about computers but who knows? Cheers (Puter wizard) boges

Pepsi

Why not put the exec into your autoexec.cfg file so you don't have to manually exec the .cfg or vid restart? You could also try the different settings for the r_mode ?

seta r_mode "0" // (320*240)
seta r_mode "1" // (400*300)
seta r_mode "2" // (512*384)
seta r_mode "3" // (640*480)
seta r_mode "4" // (800*600)
seta r_mode "5" // (960*720)
seta r_mode "6" // (1024*768)
seta r_mode "7" // (1152*864)
seta r_mode "8" // (1280*1024)
seta r_mode "9" // (1600x1200)

I run r_mode 6 which works well with my LED monitor. Also if I remember if you exec to many files in ET it can make you lag or it has effects on ET's graphic system. If all of your exec files ALL exec at once you should not have a problem with lag at all. Also when this happens open your console and scroll back up the list. You may see some "red" colored fonts meaning an error in the GL system etc.... Write it down or do a /condump and check out the dumped file. :)

Hope that this helped you out?

@Pepsi I added into the ET.exe command line "exec joke.cfg" and now when i start ET i get the lagging problem right off the bat. Its only ET that lags, all background programs and the rest of my system is fine.

I've also tried exec'ing other .cfgs with the same result.

The reason i have r_mode set to "-1" is because then it doesn't force me into one of the preset modes, which are all 4:3 resolution modes - the resolution i have it set to is a 16:10 widescreen resolution because on my 15" laptop screen, anything in a 4:3 resolution is either too small or cuts the bottom part out. I can play with r_mode 6 set in window, but if i try to play that in fullscreen then i get the lagging problem again.

adam

I'm having a few issues with my config.
However, I can start up ET through TZAC/SLAC, /exec and /vid_restart my config, connect to an ETpro server, and everything is fine. (but tzac doesnt run on etpub so whats the point)

halp
Because etpub is trash and not worth your time tryin to exec a cfg in it.

i0nwr1t3r

Hi Joke ,
what is your native res in windows?
slac disables PB , I'd start with

/pb_sleep 500
/com_hunkmegs 256 (that's how much ram et can use)

if your on oz , try connecting without exec'ing your cfg & type !setres (custom oz command)
if it doesn't lag , then you may have to try a non et pro cfg.

Phil or Ferny may be able to help you with the !setres command specifics , haven't needed to use it myelf.

Native res is 1366x768. I've tried not exec'ing my config and using the !setres commands, but same problem persists.

I downloaded Olbaa's (finland ETpro superstar) config, exec and vid_Restarted that, and all is fine.

I've attatched my etpro config for those interested.

Attachments