• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Cufffs aimbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Really? I always find it depressing that people still need to cheat in a game which is over 10 years old.

Thanks for this will have a squiz

matilda

DerpLyfe
And I was the admin.
Unfortunately I came on the scene well after the incident otherwise I'm sure cuffs would not have resorted to this.

In cuff's defense, I believe joker was deliberately artying a non-capturable spawn so cuffs thought he'd take matters into his own hands (notice how he changed his name to fakeadmin) in order to get some sort of balance back into the map.
It's no excuse for the use of the aimbot but I think there were extenuating circumstances.
Cuffs is normally a perfectly law abiding regular who comes on to have a bit of fun.
If there's any punishment at all, I'd prefer it wasn't permanent.

JoKeR

If you start handing out excuses for hacking the flood gates will start to open. If he has an aimbot installed in his config to be used at a moments notice, what's to say he hasn't used it before, and won't use it again.

He was using it the other day on temple, pot shotting me with an r-nade from literally the other side of the map. Similar accounts have been mentioned by other players (and decent players). This is not a one off offence committed to 'even the scores', and even if it is, that is a monumentally warped view of justice. It would be foolish not to perm ban him, not doing so will only commission further cheating.

If an impartial/objective admin could take a look and form their opinion that would be great.

Readymeal

well yeah, he s so good that he does not even need to aim much... with all my respect Joker, you and a bunch of others seem to be well above the average sometimes... and if i had really nothing else to do, i could record some of your in game actions and present it as aimbot. (i would not be surprised if some players plugged a guitar pedal to activate their aimbot :)
but i don t care enough.

In fact we could discuss about where cheating starts... the oxford dictionary defines cheating as : Gain an advantage over or deprive of something by using unfair or deceitful methods.
following that definition, any modification of your config file is cheating then?... sure the server allows it...does not mean it s right to do from a fairness point of view. By tweaking your config some players have an unfair advantage over some right out of the box suckers like me. Graphics can be so tweaked that other players will stand out more in a bare minimum detailed environment for example.
(years ago when i had root access to our RTCW clan server, i tighten up the graphic cvars ... not many uber players managed to join in that day...ha!).

But once again, i surely not going to go on a cheater's hunt... i have better things to do and i don t play ET for a living. Now if people feel they need to have an edge over others in a 10+ years game to strike their ego or to compensate for something else...fair enough.

no grudge held here, see you all (even the cheaters) on the server :)

Last edited:

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Mat is one of the most impartial/objective admins I have known in all my years of RTCW/ET and for you to imply otherwise just shows how far off the rails you have gone Joker. In the last few weeks your behavior on the server has been atrocious - trolling players, baiting admins, pushing and shoving, tking. Honestly my 5 year old grand-daughter behaves better than you. I think you have possibly successfully alienated every regularly playing admin. Then you come on here and bleat about fairness when you are being so deliberately unfair to every-one else on the server who just want a bit of fun and relaxation.

Last edited:

Ulti

if hes hacked then he needs to be perm banned... pretty simple really, baited or not

Baker Street

ET Moderator
OK. Then if Joker was deliberately artying a fixed spawn, against another rule, he should be banned too ... pretty simple really.

JoKeR

OK. Then if Joker was deliberately artying a fixed spawn, against another rule, he should be banned too ... pretty simple really.
Except that it's not that simple. Comparing aimbotting with artying spawn is like comparing murder with disorderly conduct.

Atying spawn has always been kickable offence. I think what you're tying to say is that you'd like to implement a different set of rules for the rest of the server and me.

Ulti

why is everyone trying to defend a hacker??!?!?! he broke the number 1 rule on your server.. HACK AND YOU WILL BE BANNED i believe it says on your little banner.. enforce it and move on... what more needs to be said?

matilda

DerpLyfe
Thanks for the kind words, bakes.
There's one other thing I forgot to mention in my post above: and that is the recent and blatant stacking of teams by joker, covert and villain.
There's got to be more balance or those less gifted regulars on which they rely on for their fun (i.e. frags) will rq. And then who are they going to kill? Bots?

Messenjah

Demo contains conclusive evidence aimbotting. Cuffs needs to be banned.

We need to keep the issue of hacking and stacking completely separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.