• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Dead Island Crash on Startup *Fix*

|SILENT|

all ya have to do is this
Navigate to "Steam\steamapps\common\dead island\DI\Data" and open up "game.ini" with Notepad. Find where it says "Locale("En")" and change it to "Locale("en")"

fucking caps on the E! LOL

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
This game had huge hype and it produced errors like these even after the patches released.. Ok time to rant..

The game had a tralier out for approximately 6 months. The hype was massive, and the developers promised a new form of zombie killing war zone to play in. What is the use in making any promise when a user has to edit text files just to start teh game, of which isn't officially in documentaoin by the game developers, and on some side online fix.

Getting into the game, at first the game was only supporting 4"3 resolutions... how many monitors are even 4"3 anymore. Then it had it's multitude of graphic and texture issues, including terrible support for many drivers.

Gameplay and online were next to not so hard to have ot nitpick at. The first patch released out had 3 major issues, CO-op saving was non existant as it worked 1/10 of the time and when it did the nexts time you trieid to save would corrupt the save. Then, gameplay itself had many bugs riddled throughout, one where I couldn't pass a doorway becuae of bugged dead zombie.

G-Train

Ive only played the single player and am up to ACT 3 but i havnt had 1 single issue yet. Im lovin it, mindless zombie-killing fun.

Actually, the one issue i've had is I had a mad baseball bat that i fully kitted out and after going to old mate to make me some bombs, the bat dissapeared never to be seen again?

Its like a resident evil mixed with farcry. Im havin a ball.

|SILENT|

G-Train said:
Ive only played the single player and am up to ACT 3 but i havnt had 1 single issue yet. Im lovin it, mindless zombie-killing fun.

Actually, the one issue i've had is I had a mad baseball bat that i fully kitted out and after going to old mate to make me some bombs, the bat dissapeared never to be seen again?

Its like a resident evil mixed with farcry. Im havin a ball.
Like :)

Antagonist

im playing atm too G
one of the most entertaining games ive played in soooo long... pissed myself laughing to the point where ive had to pause it over a dozen times
10/10 for the fun factor

G-Train

Antagonist said:
im playing atm too G
one of the most entertaining games ive played in soooo long... pissed myself laughing to the point where ive had to pause it over a dozen times
10/10 for the fun factor
Yeah me too, I had tears rolling down my face at one stage.