• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Dead

Rampage

I think my worst nightmare has become reality, the server seems to have died.. lost the majority of its players.. its like constantly empty.. i remember back in the days were we'd have 5-10 players on at any one time, and lets not forget those full servers.. I'm not seeing it ever go back to how it was guys :( (N)

bloodnut

ET Moderator
I was on early last night from about 6pm - 7.30pm QLD time and we got up to about 16 players and then it died back to just me and sum1 else in that period. :S Unfortunately, I don't have the botson command any more so I couldn't fix it b4 I left, so sorry to the person I left behind (I should of reconnected to TS and got sum1 2 fix it up, but I wasn't feeling too good, very sorry). I gave up, thought about playing a different game, and then went and watched TV :S I must be getting old rofl. I think we'll start getting numbers back again now that we have server stability and better pings thanx to the work of BR and others. See you in all in game soon :D

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
rawrr said:
Rampage,
The whole game is dead.

Regards.
I ran some stats and based on all the UNIQUE connections we get to the server during the day, ET is definately not DEAD. It's on one of it's last breaths, but we can make this one last one count. The server is strong now. It was supporting a full server of TF2 and good numbers in ET last night. With the stability improvement as Blood said, you can see the numbres will be picking up. Just hold tight, get your mates on and fill it up :). The more people on the more that will follow :) Also the next 2 weeks are going to be crazy with exams and students. Please give it some time for exams to finish. And you will see everything pick up. From servers to forum activity :).

Kind Regards, BR

Fraggle

For me personally..
I rarely find the server with less than 10 players on..
When I do, I play with the bots for abit and before I know its 10+ vs10+
Game ONNNN!! :banana:
Sometime its a case of "If you build it they will come" so have patients if the servers not full AS SOON as you join!

Sisibouri

ET is long past dead!!!

to many hackers to many sooks to many power hungry admins and nazi type rules!!!

call of duty is the new black

Ryno981

-OZ-Rampage said:
rawrr said:
Rampage,
The whole game is dead.

Regards.
lol , i'm talking souly on the server, fool.
Fool?
Pssh. I knew you were talking about the server, hence why i went the step forward in saying, the whole GAME is dead.

Settle down .

Rampage

your not getting my point fraggle, the point is not all of us can sit and wait till 7,8,9 to play a decent game with decent amount of players, and in the past we didnt haveto do that, now we do and even at peak hours it isnt full anymore (N)

Antagonist

-OZ-Rampage said:
your not getting my point fraggle, the point is not all of us can sit and wait till 7,8,9 to play a decent game with decent amount of players, and in the past we didnt haveto do that, now we do and even at peak hours it isnt full anymore (N)
awwww booohooo princess.. Can u make a thread on how ppl should set there lives to revolve around the potential times your ganna play et.. then we can have an idea on when to all join

thx

The Admiral

arabidgypsy said:
make me admin
I've been telling BR forever to make Frogma an admin. Someone should make a poll about it, then rig it in his favour.

Also Rampage, what's with this "back in the day" stuff? Back in the day, the server was 4 slots running off of BR's home computer.

JoKeR

Yea im pretty sure he meant a little after that Admiral. Need to have Bots on/off voting enabled, also nextmap.

Fodder

WELL I FOR ONE WONT BE PLAYIN UNLESS I CAN JUMP AGAIN!
(CANT JUMP MORE THAN ONCE IN A ROW SO TJS ARE ROOTED AND IM A SITTING DUCK MOST OF THE TIME)

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Joke :D said:
he can't do the bunny-hop/gamma BR, cos the server doesn't allow you to
Which server is he referring to? And did we previously allow this, if it was then it was not deliberate and I will work on correcting it.