• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Dead

Joke :D

-OZ-Black Racoon said:
[quote="Joke :D":2fu4zvfb]he can't do the bunny-hop/gamma BR, cos the server doesn't allow you to
Which server is he referring to? And did we previously allow this, if it was then it was not deliberate and I will work on correcting it.[/quote:2fu4zvfb]

on pub i'm assuming... and its supposed to happen on downhill inclines but not on the flat

The Admiral

You disabled gamma jumping? Where is the attraction to play Gold Rush then? I only ever did it so I could gamma down the road to barrier 1.

The Admiral

PRODIGIOUS said:
What on earth is a "gamma jump"?
Are there "alpha" and "beta" jumps as well?
Gamma jumping example:
Gold Rush, going from allies 2nd spawn/axis 1st spawn, down the road towards the bridge, the road with tank barrier 1. Basically, you start jumping as you go along it, and at the end, you are travelling substantially faster than you can sprint.

Normally, people gamma jump to get fast enough to do a trick jump of some kind. I just do it so that I can go get killed quicker than my team mates.

I don't know enough about trick jumping to know if there are alpha and beta jumps. I only know gamma jumping. For it to be disabled, I'm guessing that someone limited the max speed you can move at on the server, so people are trying to gamma jump, and their speed isn't going up the right way.

Rampage

Antagonist said:
-OZ-Rampage said:
your not getting my point fraggle, the point is not all of us can sit and wait till 7,8,9 to play a decent game with decent amount of players, and in the past we didnt haveto do that, now we do and even at peak hours it isnt full anymore (N)
awwww booohooo princess.. Can u make a thread on how ppl should set there lives to revolve around the potential times your ganna play et.. then we can have an idea on when to all join

thx
wow you must be bored mate? the thread was simply pointing out how dead the server's been lately compared to awhile back, your just an idiot, who asked you to comment keep your stupid opinions to yourself 'princess'.

G-Train

The Admiral said:
PRODIGIOUS said:
What on earth is a "gamma jump"?
Are there "alpha" and "beta" jumps as well?
Gamma jumping example:
Gold Rush, going from allies 2nd spawn/axis 1st spawn, down the road towards the bridge, the road with tank barrier 1. Basically, you start jumping as you go along it, and at the end, you are travelling substantially faster than you can sprint.

Normally, people gamma jump to get fast enough to do a trick jump of some kind. I just do it so that I can go get killed quicker than my team mates.

I don't know enough about trick jumping to know if there are alpha and beta jumps. I only know gamma jumping. For it to be disabled, I'm guessing that someone limited the max speed you can move at on the server, so people are trying to gamma jump, and their speed isn't going up the right way.

lol'd

The Admiral

No idea what you're talking about G-Train. That was totally entirely absolutely 100% right with nothing slightly stupid about it or anything.

The Admiral

Frogmah said:
Admiral said:
No I think it's more to do with it being kinda "sticky" when you try to jump after just landing. On etpro servers I find it a lot easier to bounce down hills and such, but on OZ it seems to want a delay between landing and jumping again. Kind of annoying.

As for why G-train laughed at your explanation, I believe it is mainly due to the fact that you don't know what you are talking about. "Gamma jumping" is not a real thing, you could either say strafe jumping or trick jumping. There was a trickjumping map made by a dude called "Gamma" that was called "Gamma Jump" which is probably what you got confused with (and I realise there are a lot of people who regularly make the same mistake). But as you can imagine, the notion that you guys think there could be something called "alpha" and "beta" jumping is really quite amusing.

Admiral said:
That was totally entirely absolutely 100% right with nothing slightly stupid about it or anything.
I lol'd
Aaah, thanks for explaining it. I've only ever heard it called gamma jumping.

There might've been a bit of sarcasm in my second post. I totally had very little idea what I was talking about. TJ maps are too hard, so I gave up trying to learn it. Just like using an SMG is too hard, so I gave up and went panzer instead.

Rainbow

Frogmah said:
As for why G-train laughed at your explanation, I believe it is mainly due to the fact that you don't know what you are talking about. "Gamma jumping" is not a real thing, you could either say strafe jumping or trick jumping. There was a trickjumping map made by a dude called "Gamma" that was called "Gamma Jump" which is probably what you got confused with (and I realise there are a lot of people who regularly make the same mistake). But as you can imagine, the notion that you guys think there could be something called "alpha" and "beta" jumping is really quite amusing.
I lol'd

Joke :D

Also there are quite a few TJ maps that refer straife jumping as "gamma" jumping, i.e. Mr_Men_Gamma on the current TJ server

Messenjah

Admiral - I think you are confusing map names with jumping techniques :)

Joke it is because they have 'gamma jump' style jumps. You still perform I certain type of strafe jump to complete them.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personally I thought it was funnier to watch these guys go on about alpha and beta jumps but meh, yes messy is correct. You guise are trying to talk about strafe jumps and circle strafe jumps.