• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Donating

Should these be added?

• Total voters

Munga911FTW

Since the Minecraft EULA hasn't gone into affect, I believe we should be able to buy some items, I'm not talking about ranks, just items such as $15 for a spawner [Probably one that isn't in the wild] Ex: No Skeleton/Zombie/Spider Spawners, but more rare ones. I also think that you should add maybe able to buy an extra home, such as $10 for 1, $17 for 2 , and $22 for 3. I am talking in USD by the way. These are just suggestions. Also maybe add extra faction power boost, EX: +5 power = $2.50 +10 power $7.50. And my last thing that I think should be for sale in the donator shop would be, a kit with that, every 14 days, you receive 6 stacks of TNT, this would cost $15. And you are allowed to keep this kit after the EULA according to the Minecraft EULA. Please consider this, as I would purchase many of these, if not all!

EDIT: maybe be able to buy a colored name in chat and on tab list. not /nick but one that just colors the name. This can still be bought after the EULA! :)

KiloHertZ

"Since the Minecraft EULA hasn't gone into affect"-All servers must comply with the EULA by August 1st, 2014.
"just items such as $15 for a spawner" - breaks even the old EULA
"No Skeleton/Zombie/Spider Spawners, but more rare ones" - broken as hell, not for this server
"I also think that you should add maybe able to buy an extra home"- affects gameplay, against the EULA
"Also maybe add extra faction power boost, EX: +5 power = $2.50 +10 power $7.50." -affects gameplay, against the EULA, and again, broken
"And my last thing that I think should be for sale in the donator shop would be, a kit with that, every 14 days, you receive 6 stacks of TNT"-"If the “kits” contain gameplay-affecting features they are not allowed"
"And you are allowed to keep this kit after the EULA according to the Minecraft EULA" - which EULA you reading m8?

Actual viable suggestions:
"Maybe be able to buy a colored name in chat and on tab list. not /nick but one that just colors the name. This can still be bought after the EULA!"

It sounds like you are looking for an OP raid server with pay to win ranks, This is not the server for you

source-http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/59832-new-eula-now-in-effect

Munga911FTW

I am saying to have these things before the EULA come into affect.
"And you are allowed to keep this kit after the EULA according to the Minecraft EULA" - which EULA you reading m8? I am reading the Minecraft EULA, it says that you are allowed to keep anything you already bought before it was enforced. so far, nothing has happened with the EULA.

And with "OP" server with pay to win? there are loved one kits = pay to win.
lovedone kits = OP
Also no obsidian breaker = OP
What you talking about Willis?

tessatjuuh

Kilo is right; 1st of August has been, so it has gone into effect. Hence enderchests are smaller and kits made unavailable.

Coloured names could do (:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
The EULA is in effect has always been so and will continue to be, just so happens that 95-100% of MineCraft server hosts have blatantly ignored it.

They (Mojang) explicitly stated that servers are not allowed to sell any of MineCrafts assets, resources and code; this includes but is not limited to items, enchantments, gamemodes, commands.

And as kilo has pointed out, none of these save one, pass the current EULA, all were disallowed in the Previous. They are all advantage-giving elements.

From Mojang's site

Minecraft Commercial Use
Last Updated: Aug 20, 2014 04:03PM CEST
The Minecraft End User License Agreement (EULA) sets rules for downloading and using the game. The most recent version of the EULA can be found at: Minecraft.net/terms.

The Minecraft Brand Guidelines define use for the Minecraft name, brand and assets. This is not limited to websites and servers, but is also applied to things such as merchandise. The Brand Guidelines can be found at: Minecraft.net/brand.

Previously, server owners were not allowed to sell items on their server, in accordance with the EULA. New allowances for monetization are set here:

The EULA will not be updated with these allowances; instead, they will soon be a part of a larger document, the Commercial Use Guidelines, which defines acceptable commercial use of the Minecraft name, brand and assets, including Minecraft servers.

If you need to send a report regarding a server, visit this article.

A few things are in the works such as cosmeticsor something like that, though these will only be for soft currency (in-game cash and/or items). Extra homes would be best put to use if people could have a separate one for parkour/pve.

Last edited:

sinderley

Moonga, the game wasn't intended to be play to win when they made it. People also abused donating by stealing parents' money to pay for things, which obviously caused a ton of problems for Mojang and they needed to sort it out while being legal. They've compensated the items you will not get with donating any more with "cosmetic items" such as nicknames etc... You can still buy perks, just with in game money.

Play the game bruh.