• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ET in 2022. Focus, my fellows. (perhaps; if possible)

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s a weird one - I’ve joined when there has been a mix on without issue.

asch/Baker?

7 League Boots

I think the fact that we had a few in spectator and bots playing at the same time probably stopped ppl from joining. I was in spec a few times too taking care of rl stuff.
Something like this happened, Horus.
Too many people in spec, whilst some people were playing, and bots were there.

I don't know, I'm merely reporting a problem which some people have had.

Regardless - it's an issue if people want to play but they are restricted for some reason, right?

7 League Boots

It's all good, I've asked Fern to look into it,
And suggested an easy solution - increase the player limit to 24.

It's not likely we can get 24 people playing anytime soon, anyway, is it.

We can but dream, of course.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something like this happened, Horus.
Too many people in spec, whilst some people were playing, and bots were there.

I don't know, I'm merely reporting a problem which some people have had.

Regardless - it's an issue if people want to play but they are restricted for some reason, right?
Not trying to start anything mate, I was jus stating facts having been a senior mod in this server for over a decade from memory.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Bots shouldnt make a difference ony if there is to many specs but the server has been uped to 24 slots now and ts is going now to discord

Baker Street

ET Moderator
It’s a weird one - I’ve joined when there has been a mix on without issue.

asch/Baker?
Not guilty me old China.

Haven't been around there for some time, but might do again coz there's fuk all decent PC games atm and I have finished most of the notable games from the last few years. Still gotta get value for dollar outta the new rig. FWIW COD has a new campaign version coming out in October called Modern Warfare II, which is totally confusing as there is already a 2009 reboot called Modern Warfare 2 (and just to be even more obtuse there is a 2019 reboot of the original COD: Modern Warfare, but it retained that name).

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wasn’t blaming me old mate - was only wanting to tag you as you are one of our experts!!

7 League Boots

Not trying to start anything mate, I was jus stating facts having been a senior mod in this server for over a decade from memory.
Dear Friend,
I am a mere newcomer to the -OZ- server, and I just make small suggestions, that's all.
I'm not trying to tread on any toes, or start anything, right?
A couple of people had issues joining server.
Why? --- I dunnno ... I suggested some reasons ... (maybe specs take up slots?) ...
just reporting a problem which a couple people had on - our - server.
But Phil has fixed that? Thank you mate!
Cheers.

[quick note, one major issue with modern games is that they are 'drop in and play']
[no proper permanment server]
[but it' s all swings and roundabouts ... eg Fredo talking all the time is um
sometimes not ideal, but it's all fun and games, my friends]

And that is surely the point, let's have a laugh and play ET.