• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

et is up

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Well all the new and old maps are in alder is there but it is special and did not want to make another apperance since we played it on the first night server was up dont know whats going on with that so might have to put in another version of it at some stage

kajah

Didnt mind playing some of the new maps sat night when we were "forced" to (as no other maps available). Was kind of fun and I vaguely remember some of them from years ago.

From past experience it seems that if we have the standard 8-10 maps in the rotation, then we will end up playing those maps only. The other maps on the list don't get voted up. Yeah yeah ... Cause they're &$(??&. I hear you. But got to say it was fun playing completely new stuff.

Wouldn't object to some short periods (1-2 weeks) of "forced" new maps then go back to a more standard pool for a bit of variety on the server.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't object to some short periods (1-2 weeks) of "forced" new maps then go back to a more standard pool for a bit of variety on the server.
This would actually be quite easy to achieve too: have all maps on server, and just swap the disabled list when the time comes.

I have also chucked in a different version of adler on, thus far it has not popped.

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
Haha.
They also wanted to defect to dbd iirc.
iirc you reckoned the server being down was gunna kill OZ.

A couple of the new maps are probably up for too much time, that will be adjusted accordingly.
Some are missing bot way points - working on a fix there.

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
Seen it happen before. You got it back up in the nick of time.

Anyway, how can that be perceived as disloyalty?
Did i miss a whole chunk of conversation somewhere? I do think that it was a bit over the top with the suggestion that OZ ET was going to die from the outage. Shit happens, OZ ET is back up & is running fine.

There was a short outage today that gameservers resolved really quick without us prompting them. That's a pretty good sign that Philby found the right new home.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
'Adler' works again, we had to many maps in ze list, we are quite limited to how many we can have on at a time, so to add any new ones we inevitably have to drop some old ones, if we switch maps in and out say bi-weekly, then old and new should get enough plays.

Last edited:

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
!pants should now work, awwww yissss, fling and a couple of others too.

Ferns added a few map settings changes to the rotation - to be monitored & tested.