• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

et is up

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
just fine tuning it at the moment due to bots and some other things not working yet

but the ip is

Address: 108.61.227.120 Port: 27960

matilda

DerpLyfe
Many thanks, philby.

Is there anything different about this server - compared to the old one - that we should be aware of?

Have all levels been brought over successfully?

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Cowsy told me last nite on the server that what was now running is a backup copy phill made some time ago, so I would say say that many levels are historical.

I know I levelled up a couple of recruits (they had been recruit for yonks) in the last few weeks of server activity, so they will need to be re-done I suppose.

Last edited:

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah its a rollback on some things, nothing world ending, just a little annoying. Even the poor bots have no xp.

matilda

DerpLyfe
All the old maps - including the good ones - have disappeared!

By all means keep a lot of these new ones but PLEASE put back the old ones.

A few regs already complaining.

Many thanks

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Most of the map rotations are all new maps, with the exception of Warbell which for some reason is on every rotation.
And as was pointed out to me tonite, we now have double jump, and is this intentional? I can't TJ so this I like :)

Although I love starting from scratch again, forgot how good it felt.

But all in all, it's better than what we had, which is nothing.

And of course Adler is missing (Mat made me add that)

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Pokings it,

More maps show in list at end of match
Re-enabled goldy radar & oasis
Disabled Cortex too-big/broken

Sadly no pants command qq

Last edited:

Covert

Everyone seems to hate these new maps.. Why not go back to the old mappool and actually get some numbers back on the server again? That dbd server gonna end up with all your players :p

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
There were fair numbers on last night, cowsy said some of the new ones were received well, after people tried them...

Sure nuking 'all' the present ones was a bit broad, but we'll work it through.

bad phill

Ulti

why not have like a 75/25 old/new ratio.. then you can bring in new maps each month, find out what everyone likes and get rid of the crap that they dont!

TopCAt!

Everyone seems to hate these new maps.. Why not go back to the old mappool and actually get some numbers back on the server again? That dbd server gonna end up with all your players :p
Theres a few tht dont mind them actually
Some of the maps in rotation now are really good, and from way back in the day. EG a couple of rtcw maps
Good funs
The problem with the same old stale rotation is it is the same old stale rotation
New maps/maps that arent absolutely thrashed are good because it can level the playing field a bit too
I think a balance is good old/new with the occasional random one
This clan used to have a committee with jobs? Why not reinstate that and have someone do map rotation changes eveyr month or so. Then its not just on the same 2 guys to do literally everything