• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ET OZMOD - Now with Mac!

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
So it's been a long haul but we finally are there with various fixes and additions to ETPUB to personalise and make our server different from the rest and we're at the final stages now. Usually people end with thank you's but I'll start with them. Huge amounts of time have been put into the Overzealous mod over the last few years and it's been mainly to Amacide and Trigger Happy. They have coded an abundance of changes and additions to liven up ET in OZ! The second big thank you is ofcourse to the ETPUB devs for starting this!

Now to what the new mod entails, some of these features have been featured and coded from the ETPUB devs not -OZ-.

- ETKey Generation - upon joining the server (even if you want to play etpro and need and etkey just join the server and it will give you an etkey).
- New Mac Support (All features of the OZ mod, including pants yes! will now be fullly featured in Mac. You will be able to join the server and play normally.
- Bug Fixes including for the voting
- Bug Fix - Health Packs on Base race were causing crashes. (We can have baserace again now).
- Bug Fix - Medics HP health should be normalised even with the extermination of Battle sense lvl 3!
- The forever Awaited FOV Z Scale bugfix. Scaling is 100% like etpro now with your weapon.

Some changes that were there but may not have been 100% working as intended (and for all to realise are as follows):

Covert Ops - only one that gets level 4 battlesense (see mines).
No level 3 Light Weapons effect - No reduced recoil so u can't stand and smg snipe (Already been enabled for months).
Level 3 battle sense has no effect now - so medics dont start with -15hp and noone starts with 15HP max health.

The following three changes have been there because of XP save as it causes that skill to destroy the game in a little way Also it doesn't allow ULTRA MEDIC WHORING, medics are as good as they are in scrims.

For those of you who don't know. The mod was intended to have a little more feel and thrust about it's gameplay so that even with xpsave, it was as close to a scrim server as possible. Suiting the needs of all players both etpub and etpro so we could keep the community alive for as long as possible. I realise it's not ETPRO and it's not standard XPsave ETPUB it's an attempt at something in the middle.

More server side changes will follow but now that we have the client changes mainly done we will release this build asap. Also I believe it's in due, welcome back Marsy!

I hope you all enjoy this release and in mixture with the new anti-dos server on the linux box hopefully we can keep ET running for A LONGGG time. :)

Regards

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
So there's currently a small bug with the New build, where peoples sensitivities are muddled up.. So when everyone clears out tonight, I'll pop the new revision up and since I only noticed it on Windows players, I have recompiled the client for windows and will put it back up early tomorrow morning for testing. So if anyone experiences any similar issues just report them in this thread or to a leader.

Regards

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
This is the test server with the new OZ build on it, until we iron out all the bugs. Once we find all the issues we will make it officials and onto the main server!!

Please play on it and let us know if any odd issues occur.

Best Regards

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
BR, is the new award now live? I've not seen it come up and I was running around with the big gun acting like a thug yesterday.

Bandido

ET Moderator
This is the test server with the new OZ build on it, until we iron out all the bugs. Once we find all the issues we will make it officials and onto the main server!!

Please play on it and let us know if any odd issues occur.

Best Regards
Has some nice 200ish ping on there mate

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Ok we believe it was just due to a Memory leak.. I believe it's been resolved. But Unfortunately due to the nature of the bug I can't replicate it by myself. So we will put it live and test it out. Let us know how it plays! (If this copy works out I'll compile it for the MAC and linux clients as well, and we'll be officially with this build.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
lol there is still some issues that needs to be resolved with the build but should be running fine pass is lol

Overmars

ET Moderator
Getting the following. It downloads fine though, which is a step further than the regular server. :-)

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 6.04.26 PM.jpg

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
:), Marsy we had a worky versoin but it had a memory leak in it. We're going to fix it up in just about 2 weeks now!! Countdown and it will be up! :)