• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Et pub update

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Ok just letting you guys know we are going to be updating our pub mod over the next coming weeks as of now we won't be supporting the Mac OS, as it is a pain in the ass to compile.

Regards
Admin/dev team

Overmars

ET Moderator
Last two Mac OSes (Mavericks / Yosemite) can't run ET anyway, as legacy networking libraries don't exist any more. Running Win version in Wineskin at the moment.

Hey Overmars, I seem to recall a post you made ages ago, explaining the how-to of running ET in Mac OSX. Could you link me to it?

I sure miss a decent internet connection now I live in India, but occasionally the USB net is smooth enough for me to play some Euro servers and would really like to be able to take my MBA to the local internet cafe that is pretty fast, and see how that goes.

From phillgates' comment though, it sounds like the server needs to be set up to run with OSX?

How does it play in wineskin?

Oh yeah, and hello to all my old mates, if you remember me :)

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
it is called wine it allows you to run windows executables on mac and linux it also has tutorials on how to install and run exe as well

Hello Boges. I totally miss you guys. I'm still in India, been here nearly two years now. And Indian internet sucks more than being owned by joker :)

Thanks Philly, I got it installed on wine and will give it a whirl in the next few days….maybe I'll catch you guys up :)