• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ET Screen resolution issue xzcveg34vZcsedcsrbtr5gdfxgbrg11

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
All of a sudden when I fire ET up I end up with the screen blown out to the point I cant see more than 25% of the ET game. No idea why it has done this, but I cant play.

WTF?

Joke :D

haev you recently purchased a smaller screen?

are you playing on your phone? if not, are you sure?

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
How to setup custom resolution?
~
/r_customwidth
/r_customheight
/r_mode "-1"
/vid_restart

see if that works :)

(making a 'stuff I should know' file :p)

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
How to setup custom resolution?
~
/r_customwidth
/r_customheight
/r_mode "-1"
/vid_restart

see if that works :)

(making a 'stuff I should know' file :p)
Nothing has changed, simply fired the game up like normal and this happens. No idea why. Havent changed the monitor in 2 months, been happily playing on the 27 for that long.

i0nwr1t3r

Run shortcut as admin , or any game client you use to connect to OZ & then reapply all res settings as Ferny has suggested both in ET Main & then in each individual mod of ET you play , it should solve all your problems unless you run a cfg.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Run shortcut as admin , or any game client you use to connect to OZ & then reapply all res settings as Ferny has suggested both in ET Main & then in each individual mod of ET you play , it should solve all your problems unless you run a cfg.
I do run a cfg but havent changed anything - this is just out of the blue. Already run as admin.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Done the above, now end up with the game now seeable but only taking half of my 27" screen. Windows update has gone through. Also the game keeps asking me to get a key but thats already done. FFS..........

i0nwr1t3r

Horie , you'll need to edit your cfg to have your res settings too with vid_restart at the bottom of your cfg.
You can post your cfg if you want someone to review it.
Also check if you run in a windowed mode or full screen.

adam

just alt f4 to window it then alt f4 again see if it goes full screen

If your going to troll at least try to be constructive.

Last edited by a moderator: