• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ET Server numbers dropped

Inglourious Basterd

Please correct me if I'm wrong but has anyone else noticed that since TF2 went free, the number of players on our ET server has declined some what. :cry:

EDIT: Gametracker says yep.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
It was only the very last few days and I also think coincidence is a part to play here, hear me out first.

1. People all aroudn Australia / Kid's as well just finished school (so most would go on holidays/go out e.t.c).
2. Tf2 Did come out so I guess some people will be trying it out e.t.c
3. Last night we had 29 people on at 9:45PM.
4. The new awards mod is almost here and will be super kewlz :).
5. The interest for ET is still here, teamspeak clearly indicates that.

We need some more competitions in ET, we are working out cool prizes!

Regards, BR

moncler8849

Black Racoon said:
It was only the very last few days and I also think coincidence is a part to play here, hear me out first.

1. People all aroudn Australia / Kid's as well just finished school (so most would go on holidays/go out e.t.c).
2. Tf2 Did come out so I guess some people will be trying it out e.t.c
3. Last night we had 29 people on at 9:45PM.
4. The new awards mod is almost here and will be super kewlz :).
5. The interest for ET is still here, teamspeak clearly indicates that.

We need some more competitions in ET, we are working out cool prizes!

Regards, BR
Maybe offering hardware as prizes? nothing expensive, just donated stuff.

Antagonist

in saying that 3 bad maps in a row will clear out a server...
go like EA Bank + eagles = server dead.. went from 20 odd to 6 in just those 2 maps yesterday..

Inglourious Basterd

Antagonist said:
go like EA Bank + eagles = server dead.. went from 20 odd to 6 in just those 2 maps yesterday..
True that. Some maps seem to be server killers aye.

Some like em, some dont. What can ya do?

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Antagonist said:
I thought EA BAnk got bashed out, I'll inform the map person to remove it ASAP, it's an ok map but too easy for attacking tteam to get smashed in the spawn the whole map.

Regards, BR

G-Train

Black Racoon said:
Antagonist said:
I thought EA BAnk got bashed out, I'll inform the map person to remove it ASAP, it's an ok map but too easy for attacking tteam to get smashed in the spawn the whole map.

Regards, BR
Replace it with Missile_b3. kgo.

micky

G-Train said:
[quote="Black Racoon":2xcsv5d8]
Antagonist said:

Regards, BR
Replace it with Xmas Sniper.[/quote:2xcsv5d8]

Fix't.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
tea bagger said:
i havnt been playing cause getting owned hard :(
WoT!, you can't not play because you get beaten a bit :):), that's why you play the game more not stop playing it completely.. It's called adapting, and it is required in your case wiht what we spoke about earlier, horus is already pro again now! That Sphinx Hacker though, he'll never defeat any of us XD

Bandido

ET Moderator
Trigger Happy said:
[quote="G-Train":atyyoqdw]Replace it with Missile_b3. kgo.
If he gets missle, we should get sniper or at the very least, lighthouse.

Cheers[/quote:atyyoqdw]
Lighthouse, if thats the one Im thinking of worth a crack IMO

Bogan

I agree Baggers i been getting flogged lately cant get any better no matter what, maybe just set up a server for me and Bandido i will get shitloads of kills then,Cheers Boags

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Bogan said:
I agree Baggers i been getting flogged lately cant get any better no matter what, maybe just set up a server for me and Bandido i will get shitloads of kills then,Cheers Boags
Bogans thanks for reminding me, tonight or tomorrow, I"m setting up a training server, basically it has the hitboxes enabled so you can see where the headbox is for etpub, it will have bots and all the standard maps so you can jump on there, train your skills, I"ll let all levels adjust bot difficulty with the !botdiff command, and you can trial your skills and get some practice. It won't have very many player slots (it will be 12), HOWEVER, will only allow 2 human players on at a time (or perhaps we'll enable it to 4 or something.

But this will DEFINATELY help you out LOTS, guarentee it!!

Regards, BR

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Bogan said:
Good idea BR, but it will be hard to get on with only two humans on?
No because I'll probably limit it with a password or something/ exclusive access to -OZ- most likely.

Bogan

Brilliant idea, is this the result of you taking pics of us with the blue hitboxes?