• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

etkey guid issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopCAt!

^welcome to the internet.
If you cant take the heat then gtfo, its that simple.
Then we must abolish all rules, for they are worthless
I agree that no special treatment is fairest/best/easiest way forward
but

Amusing stuff is about giving people shit on an infrequent basis, or as part of an exchange
This is different from a sustained, deliberate series of personal attacks on a player for entertainment
Trolls can be amusing but then, as in real life, it becomes unfunny quickly. I dont mind a wind up but the deliberate nature of only setting out to be a kent and ruin someone elses game, cause them some emotional reaction, embarass or humiliate them isn't behaviour that I find amusing or acceptable. Its about where the line is drawn in my opinion. Threatening to rape someones terminally ill mother clearly indicates the nature and intent of the comments. How is this funny or amusing? Maybe I am missing the point or....its different because theres no risk of getting a broken nose

PS: :trump:

nelots

but

Amusing stuff is about giving people shit on an infrequent basis, or as part of an exchange
This is different from a sustained, deliberate series of personal attacks on a player for entertainment
Trolls can be amusing but then, as in real life, it becomes unfunny quickly. I dont mind a wind up but the deliberate nature of only setting out to be a kent and ruin someone elses game, cause them some emotional reaction, embarass or humiliate them isn't behaviour that I find amusing or acceptable. Its about where the line is drawn in my opinion.
I disagree, this is no different from any other shit storm as both parties continue with the insults until one party goes too far. Its all the same just with different people.

Threatening to rape someones terminally ill mother clearly indicates the nature and intent of the comments. How is this funny or amusing? Maybe I am missing the point or....its different because theres no risk of getting a broken nose
Thats just in bad taste but if you think thats bad then gtfo off the internet. Ive seen and experienced way worse than that so my advice is if the comments rattle you then maybe its time to get off the computer or fix yourself a good old cup of cement to harden the fuck up.

TopCAt!

I disagree, this is no different from any other shit storm as both parties continue with the insults until one party goes too far. Its all the same just with different people.

Thats just in bad taste but if you think thats bad then gtfo off the internet. Ive seen and experienced way worse than that so my advice is if the comments rattle you then maybe its time to get off the computer or fix yourself a good old cup of cement to harden the fuck up.
Your experience isnt really what this is about though, its about another persons. My understanding was the rules were about a standard, for example when there was younger players on. Should younger players gtfo the internet too? I realise neither party here is younger however that doesn't justify the exposure in an overall sense.
Would you say the incestual rape comments violate OZ rules on abuse?
Clearly this is a QQ thread and im only speaking my opinion which is I dont really think its reason to get angry, red and dribbly but some of the shit has been a bit uncool

:trump:

JoKeR

Fuck off Topcat. You hardly have a leg to stand on. I've seen you troll and act like a dweeb plenty of times, which makes your little devil's advocate routine all the more absurd. I can barely take you seriously as a player, let alone an admin.

This bullshit about Zulu being some hapless victim of abuse needs to stop. He gives as good as he gets. He's a grown man, not a little boy, even though at times it's hard to know which. This is the internet, where everything is magnified, and people say mean things to each other instinctively, especially in the midst of a shooting game involving Nazi's. How's that for a bit of context, you're endorsing the use of rules to apply a 'standard' of behaviour on a server in which Nazi's shoot people in the face. Dear lord.

Let's just all take a step back and stop taking everything so seriously. If you can't handle the internet, then don't use it. In Zulu's case, if he gives others grief, he should expect to receive some in return. I don't recollect anybody making those comments about Zulu's mother, but it wouldn't surprise me either way. People have said worse things about me and my family over the years on this server. I doubt anybody comes close in terms of the amount of abuse that's been directed my way. But I never played the victim card, or tried to frame any of the special attention I was receiving as 'bullying'. That's because I never took any of it seriously, and I always gave as good as I got. Zulu wouldn't have been in this predicament if he hadn't out of the blue started calling other players cheaters, liars, idiots ect. It's not exactly shocking the response was by and large "fuck off Zulu".

Some of you would have been eaten alive in this game 10 years ago, jesus wept...

Covert

Joker for PM. Zulu brings any abuse on himself with the way he carries on ingame. I also have no memory of these joeks about his mother but he's always gone on about them. All of the shit that happens on this server is mid game chat too.. All the abuse back in the day was via vent which was a lot more full on than anything that I have seen said or done on OZ. I had one bloke threatening to track my then missus down on facebook and abuse the shit out of her. The OZ abuse/trolling is soft.
Moral of the story, harden the fuck up you bunch of pussys :)

Ulti

I doubt anybody comes close in terms of the amount of abuse that's been directed my way.
- HAHA i rkn i would be a fucking close 2nd!!
ppl seem to forget Romulas and Lestat so quickly.. wish i still had the vent recordings..

TopCAt!

This is the internet, where everything is magnified, and people say mean things to each other instinctively,
I reject this assertion, the vast majority of players do not act this way and if so its notable as being out of character
This whole "this is the internet so its ok" argument is a bit weak, its not even a meaningful retort. Surely you can do better than this joker, come on now.

I doubt anybody comes close in terms of the amount of abuse that's been directed my way. But I never played the victim card, or tried to frame any of the special attention I was receiving as 'bullying'. That's because I never took any of it seriously,
Lets dissect this
No you don't play the victim card
No you don't take it seriously
But you're not mentioning something important, and that is you're equal parts recipient and instigator on balance. So that skews the issue by attempting to normalise your position by implying that the conditions you find yourself in and the resulting responses then should apply by default to everyone else and are acceptable.
Additionally proceeding with extreme prejudice everytime zulu speaks does not seem to agree with "not taking anything seriously". Its not really a solid justification to be honest.

Fuck off Topcat. You hardly have a leg to stand on. I've seen you troll and act like a dweeb plenty of times, which makes your little devil's advocate routine all the more absurd. I can barely take you seriously as a player, let alone an admin.
Can't argue this sentiment as not being loosely based on reality
Most people here have been playing for 10 years, and back in those good old days admins kicked frequently and with no remorse. Was it better like that? I think so.

nelots

Your experience isnt really what this is about though, its about another persons. My understanding was the rules were about a standard, for example when there was younger players on. Should younger players gtfo the internet too? I realise neither party here is younger however that doesn't justify the exposure in an overall sense.
You are missing the point here, its not about any persons experience but about the notion that this shit happens and the easiest way to solve it is to walk away.

As for younger players, yes they should gtfo if they cant handle it, playing with fire will eventually get you burned.

Also this really is a 15+ game anyway so by that age kids should be able to make their own decision as to how they handle certain situations.

Would you say the incestual rape comments violate OZ rules on abuse?
:trump:
You mean how Zulu called me a "nit-wit hillbilly" whose married to my sister or that I should "go fuck a monkey and tell your mates you scored" ??? Does those comments violate OZ rules on abuse especially when it was a reply to my post calling Zulu and peeny out for trying to fix a problem that was fixed months ago?
I don't know why you're trying so hard to justify Zulu's obvious anger management issues but you should lay off the bias.

Zulu

fuck you're gay zulu :/ I've never seen anyone take this game so seriously, you're playing on a pub server against pub players, people talking shit and acting like idiots is to be expected. People give you shit for a number of reasons
a) you say the most retarded things in the history of et
b) you're shit, as soon as you are getting beaten you're either lagging or the other player is hacking
c) you dish out just as much abuse as you receive
d) fuck you
banter is just that. the likes of you crossed a line long time ago.
in terms of the game your group of idiots always gangs up on people, regardless of anything, because you're retards. stacked teams and giving other players shit is your motto.
i dont take cue from you about intelligence, unless i wanted to measure it against the intelligence of a brick. likewise for your moral/social pronouncements and your idiotic know-it-all attitude. typical red neck that thinks they know everything and judge others on a personal basis. it's all from the viewpoint of a tiny brain not capable of anything more than ignorance with contempt for anyone that is not as thick as a brick like you. you call anything that anyone says as BS because it's so much easier for you to come up with a dumbass retort than having to think, which nobody is forcing you to do.
i and others never said we're better than anybody on the server. that's the retarded little game you lot play to inglate your egos. nevermind that whilst you imagine people being a particular way, apparently only half as good/smart/etc as you, people actually think "why is this retard acting this way?" is he that inbred that he has reduced capacity? the answer actually is that you're a nasty little shit that needs a good kick up the pants. being purely nasty and pretending the trolling, which you dont even know about. it's not about continuing your stupidity from early teens and calling it trolling.
tell your bs somewhere else you ignorant idiot that is not capable of being nice to anyone other than a copy of your stupid self.

[hr][/hr]

You are missing the point here, its not about any persons experience but about the notion that this shit happens and the easiest way to solve it is to walk away.

As for younger players, yes they should gtfo if they cant handle it, playing with fire will eventually get you burned.

Also this really is a 15+ game anyway so by that age kids should be able to make their own decision as to how they handle certain situations.

You mean how Zulu called me a "nit-wit hillbilly" whose married to my sister or that I should "go fuck a monkey and tell your mates you scored" ??? Does those comments violate OZ rules on abuse especially when it was a reply to my post calling Zulu and peeny out for trying to fix a problem that was fixed months ago?
I don't know why you're trying so hard to justify Zulu's obvious anger management issues but you should lay off the bias.
lol, bigshot, so this game is for 15+? so y u lot act like retarded and nasty 12yo, with nothing to do other than nasty mum pseudo-jokes.
you're all grown up because you think you can now say your nasty sexist/mysoginist/racist shit whenever you feel like it because you've physically aged? that's an interesting way of measuring maturity.
there's still things u cant say, no matter how much of a dumbass you r. ignore social norms and you will get burnt.
so if in this et game i'm lagging and mention it. it's not that i'm making excuses for whatever your tiny brain thinks. just saying i have lag. is lag impossible? it's actually common when you share connection. you only think they're excuses because you think it's all about ego in the game. your brain capacity is comparable to a single celled organism that can do nothing but respond in a programmed way each and every single time the same way.

[hr][/hr]

but

Trolls can be amusing but then, as in real life, it becomes unfunny quickly. I dont mind a wind up but the deliberate nature of only setting out to be a kent and ruin someone elses game, cause them some emotional reaction, embarass or humiliate them isn't behaviour that I find amusing or acceptable. Its about where the line is drawn in my opinion. Threatening to rape someones terminally ill mother clearly indicates the nature and intent of the comments. How is this funny or amusing? Maybe I am missing the point or....its different because theres no risk of getting a broken nose

PS: :trump:
who's getting upset? you give them way too much credit for apparent trolling, which they're not capable of. the nastiness is just purely group and ego evil behaviour, with an unhealthy lots of stupid imagination on their part. if i ever wanted to know what a nasty retard thinks, i would ask them. their imagination though is limited to idiotic self ego boost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zulu

shouldnt u be polishing my shoes whilst u politely ask a question?
sick and tired of giving some sort of perception of equality to dumbass rednecks, who at any opportunity try to show off their zero intelligence and laugh like monkeys in a zoo.
if u even for one second believed that your stupidity has any relevance in anyone's life..oh why i bother. anyhow, a group of monkeys is as easily amused as your group. must have been one of your low brainpower jokes for them. others arent as amused at absurd stupidity.
do u need a reference to get some real trolling training at 4chan before they shut shop?
not trolling at all, u're just a miserable twat.

[hr][/hr]

here is a wider audience for your message of hope and salvation to everyone. for having said that you (joker joined in) would rape my dead mother who just died from cancer at the time. may god have mercy upon you, i wont.
u better go to the cops now boy, i'll bring the white pages. fuckwit.

nelots

lol, bigshot, so this game is for 15+? so y u lot act like retarded and nasty 12yo, with nothing to do other than nasty mum pseudo-jokes.
you're all grown up because you think you can now say your nasty sexist/mysoginist/racist shit whenever you feel like it because you've physically aged? that's an interesting way of measuring maturity.
I assumed its 15+ due to the guns, violence, blood splatter etc.

Acting retarded? sexist/misogynist/racist? learn to read between the lines and understand context and who the comments are directed to. Unlike you, my comments hold no malice or ill feelings, the recipients all know that thus they're not offended and just laugh it off.

Racist? please show me where I've been racist before spewing your rubbish everywhere.

As for level of maturity and how its measured, I think its shown by how a person holds themselves and react to certain situations. So on that note, it wouldn't be hard to conclude that my level of maturity is way above yours but I can always lower my standards to your level and start spewing double standard logic with a hint of playing the victim card every time the conversation steers the other way.

there's still things u cant say, no matter how much of a dumbass you r. ignore social norms and you will get burnt.
You mean like how you called me a nit-wit hillbilly? or how you said I'm in a incest marriage with my sister? or how I should tell my mates i fucked a monkey? I think those examples count as things you shouldnt say in public and on that logic its safe to conclude you're a dumbass.

so if in this et game i'm lagging and mention it. it's not that i'm making excuses for whatever your tiny brain thinks. just saying i have lag. is lag impossible? it's actually common when you share connection. you only think they're excuses because you think it's all about ego in the game. your brain capacity is comparable to a single celled organism that can do nothing but respond in a programmed way each and every single time the same way.
I dont play the game, havent logged onto server for years so I have no idea why this was directed at me.

JoKeR

Topcat spends his time in this thread white-knighting Zulu, insisting that he is the target of a systematic campaign of unfair and unjust abuse.

Enter Zulu, spewing vitriol in every direction and asserting his superiority complex over us unworthy plebeians.

Oh the sweet sweet irony.

TopCAt!

But one or two dickheads shouldn't be free to abuse as they like and force other people to have to leave

Yes I would say those comments are abusive. But Im not arguing from a standpoint of Zulu has done nothing though I've read all of it
I'm not actually justifying the reaction either its more in a general sense that at some point it should be stopped, funs been had, shits getting old, mute them all etc

nelots

But one or two dickheads shouldn't be free to abuse as they like and force other people to have to leave
In that case dont cry foul because you cant handle their shit. Thats the advantages of being online, all you need to do is switch off and its all over.

Yes I would say those comments are abusive. But Im not arguing from a standpoint of Zulu has done nothing though I've read all of it
I'm not actually justifying the reaction either its more in a general sense that at some point it should be stopped, funs been had, shits getting old, mute them all etc
Fooled me there with all your replies trying to justify zulus actions because some twats said unsavoury things about his mother.

TopCAt!

Topcat spends his time in this thread white-knighting Zulu, insisting that he is the target of a systematic campaign of unfair and unjust abuse.

Enter Zulu, spewing vitriol in every direction and asserting his superiority complex over us unworthy plebeians.
Thats not what i've been saying oh educated one
There has definately been systematic targetting because you know a reaction is there to be had, you get it, and then squeal loudly about how much to blame the victim is

And yes Zulu is definately fighting his own battle

In that case dont cry foul because you cant handle their shit. Thats the advantages of being online, all you need to do is switch off and its all over.
I never said I can't handle it I said I think their shit breaches the rules which are in place to stop others being affected/having to put up with it and so should be enforced or abolished

[hr][/hr]

Fooled me there with all your replies trying to justify zulus actions because some twats said unsavoury things about his mother.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's not the best example I'll give you that but its fair to say the antagonism has been consistant and deliberate and zulu is the target at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.