• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ETpro cfg

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just wondering if anyone can help me out with a decent one to use - post in here if possible.........just that I tried GA with default and wow what a difference a cfg can make.....fov settings, etc etc would be nice, zoom bind etc.

Frogma

Ill post mine if I can gather it all up for ya. But I doubt you'll like it a whole lot. I think theres better ones out there for better machines.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Heres mine although I think its a copy of the no lag config with just one or two minor etpro cvar changes from their default.

Here it is anyway :)

Kind Regards ,BR

Attachments

Antagonist

id post mine but you probably wouldn't like it, there is heaps of sites around with good euro configs, maus or someone like that would be good to try. Some of the modus guys have awesome configs 2

G-Train

Just goto crossfire.nu, search for favourite player(EG Snoop, butchji, reload, toxiccc etc) and download their config, too easy.

Currently using Rico's Quakecon config. Thinking of trying Reloads as he is a high sens aimer, not a low sens mpitcher like the others :lol:

Some recommendations.

Rnade - Gifty, Xylos, Ati, Raveneye
Med - Reload, Maus, Butchji, Toxicc, Night, riCo
F/O - Clown, Winghaven, Olba, Matius

Cheers

G

Death_Reincarnated

I might try their configs and see how I go as well. I honestly use the same kinda settings as in ETPub. The only thing I really change is removing annoying graphical things in the game rather than binding keys and other gameplay related tweaking.

nelots

Death_Reincarnated said:
I might try their configs and see how I go as well. I honestly use the same kinda settings as in ETPub. The only thing I really change is removing annoying graphical things in the game rather than binding keys and other gameplay related tweaking.
Don't stoop to our level death!!! YOU CAN'T EXPLOIT THE GAME ESPECIALLY AFTER YOUR RANT ABOUT GAMING EXPLOITS!!!

Random pic of the day:

Death_Reincarnated

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
Don't stoop to our level death!!! YOU CAN'T EXPLOIT THE GAME ESPECIALLY AFTER YOUR RANT ABOUT GAMING EXPLOITS!!!
What u on bout. Nothing wrong with trying other peoples configs and sif continue to rant about an old topic somehwere else....still trying to bait lol :p plus there is a difference between exploits that are deemded good and bad...you should know the difference between hax cvars and non-hax changes.

I love UNbeautifying my ET...no need for fancy schmancy sun and sky in your game...who has the time to take notice that he sun hasent exploded yet and that the clouds are still blue. If you want I can share some of the config changes I made in mine.

nelots

Death_Reincarnated said:
What u on bout. Nothing wrong with trying other peoples configs and sif continue to rant about an old topic somehwere else....still trying to bait lol :p plus there is a difference between exploits that are deemded good and bad...you should know the difference between hax cvars and non-hax changes.

I love UNbeautifying my ET...no need for fancy schmancy sun and sky in your game...who has the time to take notice that he sun hasent exploded yet and that the clouds are still blue. If you want I can share some of the config changes I made in mine.
Lol, me... baiting??? I'm pretty sure I'm capable of better ways but everyones to their own opinion.
Anyway my point was to try to understand your train of thought since in one thread you claim that changing of any options is considered an exploit which naturally means you shouldn't do it yet here you're saying its ok to do it by 'trying other peoples configs.'

Death_Reincarnated

When I say 'exploit' I dont literally mean it as BAD. I've written somewhere back there that you may exploit the game but what you change/alter can be deemed as bad or allowed. I think we all came to the general agreement that when i said exploit i preety much meant it as change/alter but the word 'exploit' gives a a visual definition in that it also suggests that the game behaviour will change..where as change/alter just means you are doing somethign without actually suggesting what will happen...well thats what I meant by exploit but I never suggested it that exploits are ALL BAD or DISSALOWED.

I've tried configs before and I pulled out a few of the changes from them that i chucked in my config. There is actually one change that i forgotten and would like someone to please tell me if they know...It is regarding the glowing around lights and such...I recall that this could be removed but forgotten the command for it....is it 'corona' something or not? its really annoying at times with long range targets.

Cheers

Frogma

Death_Reincarnated said:
I think we all came to the general agreement that when i said exploit i preety much meant it as change/alter but the word 'exploit' gives a a visual definition in that it also suggests that the game behaviour will change..where as change/alter just means you are doing somethign without actually suggesting what will happen...
Rofl. Death, what you've just said... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Oh and were what you were referring to?

cg_coronafardist
cg_coronas

Flekzor

bahahahahaha classic.

and nelots the pictures ur putting up pure gold the black guy getting booted and the piss sneeze pure genious

Death_Reincarnated

Defintion of 'exploit': To employ to the greatest possible advantage (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exploit)

Definition of 'change': To cause to be different (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/change)
Definition of 'alter': To change or make different (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/+alter)
Definition of 'modify': To change in form or character; alter (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/modify)

If you can't tell the difference between how the word 'exploit differs from the other three words then OMFD /FF. i clearly can see that 'exploit' defines more of what kind of outcome it will produce rather than the other words.

So what does cg_coronafardist and cg_coronas do then? Prolly its those but not sure about them.

Just out of curiosity does anyone ever bother leaving 'shadows' on? I know its a tactical thing cos you can see people around the corner but does anyone bother with looking at the floor and what is 'sv_dl_maxRate ' ? Just looking through my config and trying to figure out some of these settings lol.

nelots

Death_Reincarnated said:
When I say 'exploit' I dont literally mean it as BAD. I've written somewhere back there that you may exploit the game but what you change/alter can be deemed as bad or allowed. I think we all came to the general agreement that when i said exploit i preety much meant it as change/alter but the word 'exploit' gives a a visual definition in that it also suggests that the game behaviour will change..where as change/alter just means you are doing somethign without actually suggesting what will happen...well thats what I meant by exploit but I never suggested it that exploits are ALL BAD or DISSALOWED.
No idea what you're saying, seems more like you're trying to convince yourself more than anything else. Everyone else thinks you're wrong since you seem to be taking the definition too literally and not in context with the subject matter which is gaming.

Death_Reincarnated said:
I've tried configs before and I pulled out a few of the changes from them that i chucked in my config. There is actually one change that i forgotten and would like someone to please tell me if they know...It is regarding the glowing around lights and such...I recall that this could be removed but forgotten the command for it....is it 'corona' something or not? its really annoying at times with long range targets.
Cheers
It's cg_coronas that turns the lighting effects on/off. cg_coronasafardist adjusts the size of the effect.

Random Image of the Day:

Frogma

Death_Reincarnated said:
Defintion of 'exploit': To employ to the greatest possible advantage (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exploit)

Definition of 'change': To cause to be different (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/change)
Definition of 'alter': To change or make different (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/+alter)
Definition of 'modify': To change in form or character; alter (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/modify)
OK which makes more sense:

1. "Hey man, I am thinking about changing my FOV."
2. "Hey man, I am thinking about employing my FOV to the greatest possible advantage."

Keep digging.