• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Etpro Crash and Mouse Sens

blusky

HALP

1) In windows vista should "Enhance pointer precision" be turned off/on?(Is it mouse acceleration?)
2) Why in ETpro does et.exe crash after loading a new map.
3) After the "Fight!" sound has played and the game has begun why does my gun look retarded for the entire game?(ETPRO)

ty

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Re: halp

blusky said:
1) In windows vista should "Enhance pointer precision" be turned off/on?(Is it mouse acceleration?)
It is not the same thing, And to be honest I'm note sure exactly how "Enchance pointer precision" works although I do know that it will automatically force mouse acceleration on if you enable it.

blusky said:
2) Why in ETpro does et.exe crash after loading a new map.
This could be a few things, firstly check your etpro config that it doesn't have any loops in it, like execing itself and vid_restarting over and over again.. (the amount of times i have seen that..), although based on your last problem I would say it could be an issue with your hunkmegs. So try increasing com_hunkmegs to 192 with your zcm_zonemegs up to 32 and com_soundmegs to 32.

blusky said:
After the "Fight!" sound has played and the game has begun why does my gun look retarded for the entire game?(ETPRO)
Perhaps a screenshot would better explain this. However I once again think this is related to your textures not working properly due to it "locking up" before you start the game and skipping loading textures.. although I also thought on a pure server you would error and be disconnected in such an instance too.

Best Regards, BR

G-Train

Do these probs still happen when you load the default cfg?

If yes, might be time for a reinstall, if no, something in your cfg is, as you say, spastic :lol:

nelots

I'd say something is spastic with your graphics settings.
Maybe update the settings dependent on your new box's specs would fix things.