• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Expression Of Interest Required - TCE (True Combat Elite)

Would You Like To Experience And Play TCE ?

• Total voters

i0nwr1t3r

Re: Expression Of Interest Required - TCE (True Combat Elite

Some of the maps I saw on foreign servers.

obj_Northport
obj_northport
obj_railhouse
obj_library
obj_bahamutb3
obj_delta
obj_stadtrand
obj_village
obj_kowloon_05
obj_snow
obj_snow48_kai
obj_superknife
obj_fortress-beta
obj_extend_classic
obj_closedown
obj_hitman2
obj_Depo-.49Beta9
obj_ersatz048
obj_raid_beta2
obj_closecombat
obj_villa2_1
obj_vorort (a railhouse map I think)

Soz they're not in alphabetical, & two Screenshots from the GA tcetest server (empty server)

P.S. You can click on the screenshots for better detail & they have zoom!

Attachments

micky

They have shotguns.
xD xD xD

Ill play that then.
Will have to sneak the download in when parents aren't checking though

Joke :D

i0n your epic gif lags my internets :<

i0nwr1t3r

-OZ-Joke =D said:
i0n your epic gif lags my internets :<
Soz m8, Imagine how Death was feeling for all those years;) being on dial up!

I'll tell ya what,how about I log off? xD

nelots

You guys should try the ETF mod instead as mentioned by gutz.

With E:TCE its similar to counter strike and you can pretty much do it by setting the server config to LMS mode to save people from downloading that 450mb+ for the mod plus maps.
At least with ETF its a change in gameplay where its capture the flag, has some merit and the change may re-ignite some interest.

phatbass

tce is like urban terror if anyone ever played that you want ctf play quake et ctf is just shit in comparison if you can host w/e you want y not put up some diff games that ppl can get and not have to pay for *cough* *cough* lol maybe then they can all play something new and you keep a community together if that is desired

amacide

ET Moderator

-OZ-SkankyMoe said:
As some of you may have heard, we are preparing to unleash our own dedicated rack server.
big thanks for taking this excellent step forward, all the effort being put in and to the awesome donators :-)

-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
two Screenshots from the GA tcetest server (empty server)
That's my only worry - empty servers not fun :-(

Either way, I'm happy to play TC:E occasionally... I put forward an F1 for Urban Terror. Really used to enjoy that game.
I think it still has an active community and players in Aus...not sure haven't played it in many years.

Also Skanky, I am happy to help with the ETPro setup....not that you would really need help.
I run a ETPro match server (ClanBase/ESL 5v5 global config) in the US so can easily get one running for OZ.
Not sure what your plans are for ETPro, whether it's to be a match server or general public campaign server...

Cheers.

i0nwr1t3r

-OZ-amacide said:
[quote="-OZ-SkankyMoe":2x2y1wef]As some of you may have heard, we are preparing to unleash our own dedicated rack server.
big thanks for taking this excellent step forward, all the effort being put in and to the awesome donators :-)

-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
two Screenshots from the GA tcetest server (empty server)
That's my only worry - empty servers not fun :-([/quote:2x2y1wef]

So I went & took screenshots from a busy TCE server & got owned for my trouble!

Attachments

Joke :D

Downloaded TC:E today. Looks v-pretty.

i0n reckon you could post up IP's for the server's you have been on?

Lestat

TCE was good ... was ... but is no more ... kk CA if u wanna play a game that will last ... :)

phatbass

or do as i suggested and move on to new games but keeping the community y not host a cod server or something like that

Trigger Happy

If we haven't moved in the last 2-3 years why should we make the change now? :p
There is just something about ET that no other game can give and that bundled with the community that we have just makes ET special. I just don't think it would be the same in any other game.
Half of the lols come from a known map with either known glitches or strats etc that everyone has a good laugh about. The known traits of players coupled with the familiarity of the gameplay makes for good times / rage too. Blusky always proning is one good instance of that :p
I guess the biggest reason for most people not moving on is due to their cheap nature. ET is free, new games generally cost (either actual money or the cost of bandwidth to download them). Also people are too cheap to upgrade their computers, which can be seen through the QQ about lag when PB is on. That lag is due to people having crappy computers that don't have more than one core.
All in all I think people are constrained to ET either due to their cheapness and due to the atmosphere ET brings :)

Cheers

Antagonist

or you could live in perth and your server doesnt like us... and has nothing to do with our computers god boy

matilda

DerpLyfe

Well, Triggs got off to a good start. I totally agree with this:
-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
There is just something about ET that no other game can give and that bundled with the community that we have just makes ET special. I just don't think it would be the same in any other game.
Half of the lols come from a known map with either known glitches or strats etc that everyone has a good laugh about. The known traits of players coupled with the familiarity of the gameplay makes for good times / rage too. Blusky always proning is one good instance of that :p
But then ruined it with his "cheapness" comments. :x

Another server (TCE or whatever) will split a very small player base and you'll end up with smaller numbers on the main ETPub server - with inevitable consequences! Seen it happen before. I think node tried a TCE server a few years ago and it got absolutely nobody!

btw, welcome back staty! :D

Trigger Happy

Antagonist said:
or you could live in perth and your server doesnt like us... and has nothing to do with our computers god boy
PB has nothing to do with latency, the amount of data PB sends is minimal overhead so it does indeed have everything to do with the computers. Stick to laying bricks and we will stick to knowing how things actually work :)

Cheers

phatbass

trigs you realise he said nothing about pb just stating that he lived in perth ie the distance his net has to travel to connect and yeh stat never see you on msn anymore where you been hiding

i0nwr1t3r

-OZ-Joke =D said:
Downloaded TC:E today. Looks v-pretty.

i0n reckon you could post up IP's for the server's you have been on?
1) CTF for ALL PEOPLE 113.151.8.227:27960 (Best Ping )
2) TCE-MASSA.COM 82.133.112.112:27961 (high ping but very smooth gameplay)
3) AK-47.PL TC:E BC 91.121.207.92:27960 (didn't try this one)
4) HeroS StandarD 91.121.152.203:27960 (1st server I tried tonight)

Top 3 servers all had 20-25 players ,bottom had 15 at the time of this post.

Screenies from massa server from memory.

Attachments

Sunncaeks

Looks fairly decent. Even reminds me of Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield a bit.

I may just get this at some stage. :D