• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

gametracker

i0nwr1t3r

Nice work there phil :)

Our server ranked at 267 , will that cause any issues for anyone typing out a search with the colour tags in it , giving empty listings or anything?

Game Tracker isn't something I'm really up to date with tbh.

helSo.

nope 267 is the rank of the brink server in the world as you can see our et pub is 69th in the world at the moment for et the first in the world is =DRi=Elite NooBs XP Save

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
phillgates2 said:
nope 267 is the rank of the brink server in the world as you can see our et pub is 69th in the world at the moment for et the first in the world is =DRi=Elite NooBs XP Save
Reasons we can't be no.1

1. I think the no.1 server listed there is a bot server, they do it delibereately to avoid the auto detection fo bots thorugh gametracker.
2. TO have a 64 slot server that runs at least 14-15 hours full in Australia would require -
600KB per second * 60 * 60 * 15 * 30 = KB per month = 972000000KB = 972GB a month.
3. To have a server with that much bandwidth would cost us around: $1.2K a month.
4. A lot more dedicated servers in Australia that offer reasonable bandwidth prices are denying servers in their TOC, which leaves the extra expensive hosts left. So putting the price somewhere around 1.5K a month.

If we lives in the US, I could get a server with 100TB of data and a stronger server than what we have now. Let's all move to the US??? And we can host HEAPS OF GAMES as many slots as u want :) (well as much as the game limits of course). I guess than we could be international. But we are 99% Australian/NZ it would be a bit of a waste giving us all 200 pings for slots for an odler game which currently wouldn't get the numbers of that realistically for that many hours anyway.

Regards, BR