• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Gaming computer???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death_Reincarnated

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
Youre the one saying buy top end with what you can afford. If someone can afford 4K+ for a rig then obviously by your methodology they should buy it yet you still argue... you never seize to amaze me.
Its fine for me to recommend a top spec system but for someone who claims that people who buy top end hardware is stupid and then link to a top spec system...
You don't get it do you? Until you do its pointless to argue/debate with you...

Back to the topic...

Knowing your stuff and what you want means you can make a better decision with regards to quality of PC parts and what functions they have. People have their own opinion on brands and what certain PC parts offer over a budget range so take that into account and decide for yourself what you want in your PC rig.

Just out of interest how many of you guys would consider buying a top end PC part and when?

I can tell you that even if I had the money I would consider what the PC will be used for and even then I would wait for a while for the prices to drop down or if I dont want to wait then get something mid-top range while tanking into account brand and functions each PC part offers. I'm really happy with the rig I have now and I can still upgrde it if I have to in the near future - but the most likely case will be that I would build a new one.

amacide

ET Moderator
Death_Reincarnated said:

Death_Reincarnated said:
Just out of interest how many of you guys would consider buying a top end PC part and when?
I got more than enough cashish to buy whatever I want... But I've been in IT long enough to know not to buy "top-end" parts...
Why?? Because the most expensive stuff is usually "first-generation" parts... As in the latest and greatest.
And the latest and greatest consistently has bugs or other flaws.... Buy parts that have been out for a bit, been improved, better bang for buck.

And wake up! This is computers we're talking about... It doesn't matter how much you spend or how "top-end" it is.
The minute you walk out the door it's obsolete. Hell, the minute it's for sale retail it's already obsolete.
How obsolete really depends on what it is, and how new, blah blah, but either way it's obsolete....

Like nailing jelly to a wall... or pushing sh%t uphill... Either way it's a losing game.

Just my 2cents.... Been a funny thread though... And one thing is quite obvious - no matter how much money you have you can't buy a clue! ;-)

That is all. :banana: :banana:

nelots

Death_Reincarnated said:
You really have no clue nor English comprehension skills.
Death_Reincarnated said:
Whats the point of asking that question to a demographic minority that mainly consists of school kids?
Death_Reincarnated said:
I can tell you that even if I had the money I would consider what the PC will be used for and even then I would wait for a while for the prices to drop down
Theres a big difference between just having the money for it and having the money for it as expendable income.
amacide said:
Because the most expensive stuff is usually "first-generation" parts... As in the latest and greatest.
And the latest and greatest consistently has bugs or other flaws.... Buy parts that have been out for a bit, been improved, better bang for buck.
Good point but they also come with flawless support/warranty, they're usually covered by conditions applied lifetime warranty which means its all good as long as you don't overclock the parts.
amacide said:
no matter how much money you have you can't buy a clue! ;-)
GTFO! I just bought 3 clues from noob and he said they were legit!!

Death_Reincarnated

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
Yes I do.

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
Whats the point of asking that question to a demographic minority that mainly consists of school kids?
The point is its a legit question, there are lots of people 18+ and its a hypothetical question...so either anwser the question or STFU.

nelots said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
I can tell you that even if I had the money I would consider what the PC will be used for and even then I would wait for a while for the prices to drop down
Theres a big difference between just having the money for it and having the money for it as expendable income.
budget = expendable money.../FF

nelots said:
amacide said:
Because the most expensive stuff is usually "first-generation" parts... As in the latest and greatest.
Good point but they also come with flawless support/warranty, they're usually covered by conditions applied lifetime warranty which means its all good as long as you don't overclock the parts.
Any product has conditions and constraints which the user needs to obey in order to obtain any kind of warranty support. The latest and greatest usually means that the people who buy it are guinea pigs. His point was that there is yet another reason why not to buy top end stuff. Same argument which I was saying and yet you still argue with a 'but'.

Sisibouri

CHASSIS COLOR ALX Space Black - Anodized Aluminum Chassis edit
PROCESSOR Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7 980x Extreme Six Core Processor (4.0GHz, 12MB Cache) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64bit, English edit
MEMORY 12GB Triple Channel 1600MHz DDR3 edit
VIDEO CARD Dual 2GB ATI Radeon™ HD 6950 - ATI CrossFireX™ Enabled edit
KEYBOARD Alienware TactX™ Keyboard edit
MOUSE Alienware TactX™ Mouse edit
HARD DRIVE 512GB Raid 0 (2x 256GB Samsung Solid State HDDs) edit
ADDITIONAL HARD DRIVE 2TB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 32MB Cache HDD edit
MEDIA READER 19-in-1 Media Card Reader edit
MONITOR No Monitor edit
ADVANCED DISPLAYS Alienware OptX AW2310 23-inch 3D Full HD Widescreen Monitor edit
LIMITED WARRANTY 3Yr PREMIUM PANEL Ltd. Warranty, 3 yr Advanced Exchange edit
ADVANCED DISPLAYS NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Kit Including Glasses and Emitter edit
ENTHUSIAST ESSENTIALS Killer™ 2100 Gaming Network Card edit
SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio edit
OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: Blu-ray Disc (BD) Burner (Writes to DVD/CD/BD) edit
My Software & Accessories
OS CUSTOMIZATION Alienhead 3D edit
ALIENFX AlienFX Color, Plasma Purple edit
PRE-INSTALLED GAMES AND CLIENTS Steam and Portal™ Factory Installed edit
PRE-INSTALLED GAMES AND CLIENTS Eve Online, Factory Installed edit
Personalize
WARRANTY AND SERVICE 1 Year Premium Service Plan, DMLP edit
My Accessories
ALSO INCLUDED WITH YOUR SYSTEM
Alienware Area-51 ALX Alienware Area-51 ALX + TactX™ Headset
COOLING OPTION Alienware™ High-Performance Liquid Cooling
AUTOMATIC UPDATES Automatic Updates: Enabled

all for the bargain basement price of: $8,636.98

nelots

Death_Reincarnated said:
nelots said:
Yes I do.
Way to prove my point genius.
Death_Reincarnated said:
The point is its a legit question, there are lots of people 18+ and its a hypothetical question...so either anwser the question or STFU.
You may be a physicist but market research isn't one of your strong points, why don't you ask everyone whether they'll buy their dream car if they had the money instead? or better yet why don't you ask everyone who they think is the bigger dumbass between you and me........
Death_Reincarnated said:
budget = expendable money.../FF
Yeah that would be a good point if you had originally stated it was within budget instead of saying "if I had the money."
Death_Reincarnated said:
Any product has conditions and constraints which the user needs to obey in order to obtain any kind of warranty support. The latest and greatest usually means that the people who buy it are guinea pigs.
Do you have any experience purchasing top end hardware? I have and although some will have firmware problems they're pretty much patched up within 1 week.
Death_Reincarnated said:
His point was that there is yet another reason why not to buy top end stuff. Same argument which I was saying and yet you still argue with a 'but'.
Is it that hard to comprehend top end of ones budget? but props on continually misconstruing my comments, good job genius, did Mensa call you back on your application yet?

Synonym

Ok kiddies, play nice. This has gotten way off-topic and I see no point in letting it continue.

For future posters wishing to share their system specs/suggestions please created a new topic.

Kind Regards,
Synonym.

Status
Not open for further replies.