• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Gaming Mouse?

i0nwr1t3r

Hi All :)
Blu mentioned I should get a gaming mouse instead of using my relic Micro$oft mouse.
So what do you guys use & recommend?
And is wireless as bobbla as they say for gaming mice?

My current mouse

Cheers

i0n

Attachments

G-Train

G5 wins everytime.

Razor mice look like the lovechild of a hedgehog and a aardvark while living at the chernobyl national park.

I use a G9 which is good if you have little girly hands :oops:

blusky

People will tell you razer or logitech are the way to go. Do some research and find out what suits you.

I will need a new mouse soon because my disgustingly old mx510 is dying :( (RIP)

I'll probably be purchasing a Logitech g5/mx518 or a Razer deathadder/copperhead.

Rainbow1

-OZ-blusky said:
People will tell you razer or logitech are the way to go. Do some research and find out what suits you.

I will need a new mouse soon because my disgustingly old mx510 is dying :( (RIP)

I'll probably be purchasing a Logitech g5/mx518 or a Razer deathadder/copperhead.
It also depends on the grip you use.
There is the claw, which is where the fingers dont sit flat on the mouse, ie Your hands sit on the mouse in the position of trying to claw something. (like a cat)
Or there is the standard grip, where your hands just sit flat on top of the mouse.

If you use the standard grip, alot of the Logitech mice have contours for your fingers and thumb to sit in, which is good. (g5/mx518)
For the claw grip, there is the Logitech g3, which is ampidextrous, resulting in a symmetrical shape, easier to claw-grip. The Razer mice are also good for claw grips.

I would recommend a laser mouse over an optical, just because its just a touch more responsive, and doesn't need a specific surface to run on.
Hope that helps a little.

EDIT: Stay away from wireless at all costs

(FKQ)Thompson

I have had the a standard logitech wireless mouse and loved it. I then moved on to the g7 (wireless) Loved that one as well. Was very smooth however the battery life was not all it lived up to be.

Then i discovered the Logitech G9. So far it has been the most comfortable mouse i have ever had. Also have changeable grips for your liking. I have longer fingers so it seems to suit me.

Other mouses that i have not used but are worth a look are the following:

Microsoft SideWinder
Razer Copperhead
Logitech G5

p.s Don't listen to G-Train hes just upset he does not have a G9 :)

Antagonist

G-Train said:
G5 wins everytime.

Razor mice look like the lovechild of a hedgehog and a aardvark while living at the chernobyl national park.

I use a G9 which is good if you have little girly hands :oops:
(FKQ)Thompson said:
Don't listen to G-Train hes just upset he does not have a G9 :)
LOL :S

but seriously a g5 is the best.. mx518, g7 and g9 are all fantastic mice... but as its been said it comes down to personal preference..
but any of these mice are fantastic.

even the wireless g7 :p

Death_Reincarnated

Razor Copperhead and Logitech G5 are preety much the leading PRO gaming mouses' that players use. Both quite expensive but from what I know is that with the G5 you can change the weight of it with little lead weights...there was something about this in the G5 that makes it better than the razor...can anyone confirm???

G9 apparently is not as good as G5...I've only read people opinions but anyone has any idea why in terms of technological advances...?

I personally use a simple logitech mouse (like the standard microsoft mouse) lol.

SkankyMoe

(FKQ)Thompson said:
i discovered the Logitech G9.
Other mouses that i have not used but are worth a look are the following:

Microsoft SideWinder
Razer Copperhead
Logitech G5
I have all these mice, I had the G5 first, probly the best of the bunch I recon. Then bought a Razer Copperhead, didnt think it was that great tbh.
Then I bought the G9 but simular to POD had troubles getting use to it. Then I bought the MS Sidewinder, currently using it, funny enough I recon
its the best of the bunch because its got 1 touch hot program macro support, as per the Logitech's it comes with a selection of weights and three
different types of glide feet, you can easily set 3 different DPI settings, its got a LCD screen on the mouse and 3 DPI hot switch buttons. This is
really handy for setting up different DPI settings for different classes/weapons, eg: SMG or Sniper. I've found it to be the most versitile of all.

For the price, I highly recomend the MS Sidewinder mouse, you cant go wrong for $100 bucks.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=100

Frogma

-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
My current mouse

Cheers

i0n
Heyy!! I got the same mouse as you i0n. respect!

Skanky, whats with the bit that extends out of that sidewinder mouse? A mini ruler or something?

i0nwr1t3r

Frogma said:
-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
My current mouse

Cheers

i0n
Heyy!! I got the same mouse as you i0n. respect!

Skanky, whats with the bit that extends out of that sidewinder mouse? A mini ruler or something?
Wow,I thought I was the only one using a basic mouse :D

Weights sticking out of the mouse?

SkankyMoe

Frogma said:
-OZ-i0nwr1t3r said:
Weights sticking out of the mouse?
Correct, they are changable weights, you can give the mouse a lite or heavy feel to it.
Also the weights give different resistance depending on the glide feet that you use.
It comes with three different type of glide feet, so you can set it up for any surface.

Here's a couple more pics, the box that stores the different size weights and the
different glide feet also has a hole in the sides and claps the mouse cable threwit,
this is handy so you have the perfect placement of your cable and it doesnt move
or get caught on anything around your mouse area, its truely well thought out.

morbit

g5 hands down best!!

also under $100 so will leave you with $150+ for headset

although this topic not about your headset it will save posting in there as well.
i use separate headphones and mic now after using a lot of headsets (logitech comfort pro + numerous cheap sets) and i find my current set up to be the best.
i use sony mdr-xd200 headphones and logitech desktop mic cost about $140 for both

or you could always buy something like this :-)
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razeru ... d.35096300

Death_Reincarnated

One thing I dont understand is why people buy some mouse that has 50gazillion buttons for game playing where possibly they dont use all of the buttons? Or do they configure all of the buttons on it for short cut binds; in that case dont you ever press one accidently that you normaly would not want to?

I find a basic or somewhat basic mouse to be good enough. Afcourse with the exception that the DPI resolution in those is pretty crap.

To me, unless you are a computer freak with 2-3 monitors and running different applications or a pro gamer, its useless to have a mouse with 50gazillion buttons on it..its lie buying a keyboar with 1001 functions and not use them.

I ttried testing one of the more complex mouse and ended up pressing buttons which I would not want to. How de F**K do people get used to those kind lol...i dont get it.

Antagonist

for games like world of warcraft, Guild Wars etc where it makes it possible to bind spells/moves to the buttons for quick access.
that is why.

Sunncaeks

No more pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, etc for your weapons! Just bind them all to different button on your üb3r Pr0 mouse. Hah.