• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Getting muted for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundercracker

I just want to report and incident where I was muted and the reason wasn't apparant. I want to complain about it formally with this thread/post. The details are as follows -

Date: 23/6/2012 (saturday)
Server: ETPub Xpsave #1
Time: 9:00 pm (approximate)
Offender: -OZ- Rainy/Rainbow
Maps: eagles2ways AND battery.

I'd rather not describe the incident. I have spoken on the server to i0nwr1t3r about some but not all details of the incident and the server log should show what happened.

I'm sorry to have to do this but when this happens on several occasions by various members of -OZ- you eventually get fed up, especially when the issue becomes persistent. I'd rather not waste peoples time with this childish stuff.

Rainbow

You made some awful joke about my ass or something and I !smute'd because it was way out of hand and regs dont need to listen to that tripe. You then keep trolling as you normally do, saying "OH WAT DID I DOOOO???" or something along that line. So I !smute'd again.

You continually make slight jabs at me based on previous conversations, spam vsays or do anything you can to get under my skin, and now you complain on the forums when you FOR ONCE got a reaction from me - congratulations!

You're just a sad serial troll, who gets their kicks from bleeding, tking, pushing, spamming, and picking on the less skilled players on -OZ-. You complain about everything when you're the root of your own problems.

Taeran

Hi guys

I agree with Rainy on this one, can go through some logs to show thunder's behaviour - frequently mocks OZ leaders, trolls people to the point where they quit, spams vsays just to stir people to frustration etc... I've specced him TK'ing Lessmen for 'payback' yet listened to him whine over and over and over when other people do it, he is the first to cry loud and hard when other people are not playing according to the rules.

and then - will have a day where he's just a nice bloke and gets on with everyone... Totally bizarre, I've had days where I get along with TC great, and other days where he's called me direct inappropriate names and I've rightly progressed through series of mutes.

I really feel this is a situation where thunder needs to pull his head in a little bit & everyone will get along just fine. Abusing admin is not the way for thunder to deal with his frustrations.

Here's his favourite vsay to stir people up:
5/6/12 8.06pm
undertonis was killed by -OZ-Taeran's Thompson
Thundercracker: Dumb c#&t!

Cya online thunder......................

McBain!!

I really feel this is a situation where thunder needs to pull his head in a little bit & everyone will get along just fine. Abusing admin is not the way for thunder to deal with his frustrations.
Agree Taeran, its a competitive game and trash talk/baiting/sledging will happen, whatever...
Repeat behaviour, when u make it shit for someone else to play is not that great.

Everyone has their bad days, myself included, but it normally ends when u /disconnect and life goes on..
bff's foreva etc...

Thunder, if you read this, i have seen people bait you but most of the time I think you take it way to seriously
and you think you're being victimised and lash out, constant sniping at -oz- doesn't help.

We're a relatively small community that just wants to pew pew and have some fun

Bogan

After all, its only a game where you can go and relax for a while not get heated up about, Seek out Bandido and pwn him it always makes me feel better, Cheers Boges

Thundercracker

yes, okay... so anyway, lots of people were saying stuff rain and you obviously were holding prejudice since people were saying stuff about you long after I was muted and you did nothing to them. It's an issue of fairness. You also didn't give me that reason when I asked, instead you muted me again. If you're going to talk smack to me then that's okay because I can talk smack to you back, but you decided you'd use your admin powers this time. I didn't really want to discuss the issue, but the only reason i said anything to you that night was because you made a very rude and presonal comment to humanrights4tibeteans when we were having a discussion (speaking of picking on "less skilled players"). If you have a problem with me, it's easy enough just to tell me instead of starting stuff randomly later on. Some people are on the server to have fun and not get told how bad they are. As far as me complaining, it's about fairness, again, since I will be kicked straight away for 1 HW SK and then other people will get away with several. Also taeran, specifically, if you're going to mute people you shouldn't taunt them about it after you do it. That's not part of the deal, muting should be enough. As far as lessmen is concerned, I tried to be nice to him but he persistently bleeds and tks and no admin are bothered to deal with it so I gave up being nice to him (in terms of not tking and bleeding him when he begins bleeding me). You can't just decide to observe what's going on months after I bring up the problem to admin (who actually couldn't be bothered listening) and then pretend to know what's going on. Sorry to those admin who actually do stuff from time to time. At least when Horus would come on there was some consistency.

So now i'd like to make a complaint about -OZ-Chris since he's actually wont quit the admin abuse. So the details follow:

Date: 27/6/2012 (Wednesday)
Server: ETPub Xpsave #1
Time: 4:30 to 5:15 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, for some reason when it is 5:00pm AEST it's 3:00am according to !time on the server
Offender: -OZ- Chris
Maps: can't remember the name of the first one, 2nd map was secret weapon and the 3rd bremen (the one with the truck and the key)
Description: bleeding, 3 or 4 600 second mutes, tking, putting spec and being abusive and calling me a name

So, since we're deciding to discuss things informally i'll go ahead in this case! The reason why chris hates me is because he called me a sniper scripter/hacker or however he tried to twist the words and I was pretty pissed at accusations at that point so I tried to defend myself and he muted me. I try and tell people to make a demo and post it on the forums, or ask them to spec me and i'll prove it. On several occastions he has since muted me and I have only discussed the most recent event. I thought he had finally gotten over *it* but apparantly he is still going (maybe he had a bad day but i'm sick of it). He doesn't seem to mute me when people like i0n or blackracoon are there, so maybe he wasn't having a bad day, who knows.

Chris

ET Moderator
The reason I don't mute you when people like I0n and BR are on is because you're cunning enough not to carry on with your relentless trolling when other admins are on. And now you're taking it to the forums, wrapped up in a veil of bullshit, sans any demos.

I muted you today because you dont let me play in peace and ruin my gaming experience. You v56 each of my deaths, even when you're in spec. You dedicate your game-time to pushing me, following me around, blocking doorways and forcing me to TK or put you to spec if I need to get past. This is what you do for your amusement, and you whine when I don't take it lying down. Funny how you are the only player on the server that invokes this sort of reaction from me. You're nothing but a troll, and shit one at that. You have become a bad parody of yourself.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of me (yes I still come and have a read once in a while!), this isnt the method of making a complaint.

I'm going to stand right out of this as I dont play ET any more and probably havent for 6 months or more now, and I'm not in the clan either.

Personally - make the complaint formal and all parties (OZ members as well as the complainant) keep the argie bargie out of the public arena - it only ruins the forums and feeds other trolls.

Anyway - its a thought as I'm not involved any more.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was on for some of this last night and in my opinion thunder was trolling a gold donator and chris muted him.

Thunder, like it or not your behaviour does come off a bit trollish at times and not everyone is going to put up with it. In this case you annoyed a guy with the mute command and he used it. We give donators privs for exactly this sort of reason, so they dont have to put up with troll.

i0nwr1t3r

Hi Thunder ,

I'll get the guys to review the logs this evening but I don't want hear any personalised attacks about OZ members doing their jobs.
It's a tiring & thankless job & sometimes , they just get jacked off at things not running the way they hoped they should , but at the end of the day , If they are overstepping the mark then that is a leadership failure & I take full responsibility for any deficiencies in training or general attitude while representing OZ Clan.
These guys do it voluntarily to keep our community alive & take a fair bit of rage doing it imo for the benefit of all the people who play on the OZ servers.

Don't take it to heart if you get muted Thunder , but sometimes reviving those songs from the seventies should have people reaching for those mute buttons. ;)

Anyway , I'll be on TS in an hour & I'll be running through the logs with the other admins.

Chris

ET Moderator
wrt reviewing logs, without demos there will be no context to my use of !mute, !putteam etc, so I am happy to share them with whoever needs to look at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.