• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Help im going insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fliQ

I'm posting this here so it gets seen, feel free to move it.

Ok so I have a Macbook Pro Mid 2010, dual GFX cards, 1 onboard and one external.

I am loading ET fine and everything is good, however, in game, my first clip on any weapon empties. Then I reload, from hear on in I can only fire one bullet and it auto reloads after every bullet. It's driving me nuts. 1 bullet, reload, again and again and again. If I die and respawn it does the same thing. I only get a full clip firing from the very first clip of every map, the rest of the map is ruined.

Things I've done to try and fix this:

1) Buy new mouse - didn't work it's not a mouse issue
2) Deleted the etconfig.cfg file from both my applications folder and applications support folder and replaced it with a pro config from cLown. Doesn't work, so it's not a scripting issue.
3) Changed and mucked around with, controls, hud, config, settings, pretty much every changeable option in the menu.

To operate Wolf:ET on a Mac you need a program that lets you choose to run either your intel graphics or external nVidia graphics or both at the same time. I've tried running it on all 3 options and it still does it on all 3.

I'm lost, I've always had a PC until now so I have no idea.

Any help and I'd be most grateful.

Danke

Phill

McBain!!

Have you had this problem since you first installed ET on your Mac? Or has it just started happening?
Have you tried /unbindall in case you've got reload bound to mouse1 or something weird like that?

When i've had crazy settings issues I first exec etconfig.cfg, if that doesn't work I delete my 'profiles'
folders. If its an actual issue with the Mac then hopefully OZ-OverMars can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Fliq, can you please let us know what you think it was in case anyone else has a similar problem in future?

Sounded like a real head-scratcher!

fliQ

I use reload on "mouse wheel down" because I'm a lefty and I don't like WASD. It had something to do with Mountain Lion OS and it's auto reverse scrolling clashing with in game settings. I'm not sure how I fixed it, I just played around with the OSX scroll settings and in game button customization.