• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

iiNet wins illegal download appeal

i0nwr1t3r

The desire to infringe upon users privacy to uphold the use of outdated business model while engaging in entrapment to prove "the studios rights" in a wholly artificial scenario, is nothing short of an attempt to curry political interest through fiscal & legal manipulation outside their own jurisdictions.

I sincerely hope iiNet set a precedent in the High Court in the interest of Australian citizens as a whole & not foreign owned corporations.

Nice find there Baker! :rnade:

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the fact that someone with deep pockets is taking the recording industry to task on this BS.

As you said i0n, a precedent in the high court would do very nicely.

G-Train

This is suit is just mind boggling.

Its like the insurance industry suing ford for drink driving claims.....bunch of tools!

nelots

Don't get too high on that horse you kents, this case will just add more fuel to AFACT.
Their next course of action is to attain legislation to force ISPs to blacklist/unsubscribe repeat offenders.
Watch out for Conroys response, it'll be derptacular!

G-Train

Lol at Conroy - A Communications minister that doesnt know the difference between the NBN and Wireless.... :lol:

We're all doomed!