• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Maps... I've played a few...

gemanix

IF YOU REPLY TO THIS, YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO +1 your favourite >>> 8 <<< maps.

Here's mine (not in order)
Radar +1
Goldrush +1
Marrakech Streets +1
Karsiah (test 2) +1
Braundorf (beta 4) +1
Baserace +1 (shock!) :eek:
Fueldump +1
Warbell +1 (even tho i still dont know the objective lol)

I think this is the current rotation on oz:
Marrakech Streets 2 by Night final (et_mor2_night)
Goldrush
BaseRace
Heart of Gold (beta 12) (HoG_b12)
Falkenstein SW2 (falkenstein_sw2)
Adlernest
Beach (et_beach)
Paris Bastille Beta 3 (parisbastille_b3)
Fidels Footy Return (ffr_final)
Frostbite
TC Base

I have just three complaints
1. Not enough originals.
I like the originals. They have something for all classes. Familiar maps are good for bringing in players.

2. Falkenstein...
Allies cant push hard enough, cause it requires coordination.
I actually like the map, except for two problems.
1. The flag gets retaken so requires more push than a pub full'o'allies can muster.
2. The cp gets blown. Blowing the cp on this map results in a major set back. See, in Radar, you can still go main, but in this map, you've got just one way to go, so it's nasty.

3. Beach...
Allies cant push hard enough, cause it requires coordination. Everyone ends up going sniper (including me)

Good work removing the following maps forever (i hope):
Capuzzo Airport Beta (capuzzo_b1)
- allies start too far back, and the shacks break up the attack
Ice (et_ice)
- rtcw map - nuff said.
Italy (italyfp2)
- i still have THAT piano music floating through my head accompanied by the sound of falling arty. allies get camped hard cause flag can be recaptured.
Radars (beta 1)
- big jungle. pretty, but useless.
The Port (alpha 1)
- allies get camped too hard first phase. second phase was good, but fps lag was horrid.

cheers -g

Sunncaeks

Radar +1
Karsiah +1
Adlernest +1
Braundorf b4 +1
Heart of Gold +1
Frostbite +1
TC Base +1
Bremen b2 +1

It's just what I like, really. Lol.

Warbell and Marrakech Streets (2) are also good.

blusky

Braundorf +1
Adlernest +1
Supply + 1
Goldrush +1
Radar(w/no fog+grass) +1
Frostbite +1
TC_base + 1
Special Delivery +1

Please remove the fail maps...I feel my own, and others suggestions about maps fall on deaf ears.. I've gotten to the point that I wont even download new maps on the OZ server because I know they're going to be bad or removed in a few days. It's not worth my downloads.

Please look at this thread for more map related comments: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3441 and the rotation I suggested.

Antagonist

Braundorf +1
Adlernest +1
Supply + 1
Goldrush +1
Radar(w/no fog+grass) +1
Frostbite +1
TC_base + 1
Special Delivery/SoS secret weapon +1
(random custom map) Venice +1

i like this rotation and gems was great as well, Warbell im really not a fan of (tbh i think in a clan match or something it would be awesome) but the crazy uncoordinated groupings of oz make for bad games on it.
perhaps with blusky's rotation above with the addition of 1 custom map for a month (my suggestion first off would be "Venice") would make for some better ggz. And lets be honest everyone has fun on the maps like Goldrush, Oasis, Frostbite, the old classics that everyone knows so why not have a month rotation of the all time Greatest maps.
Id love to play 8-10 classic maps

SkankyMoe

Radar Mod Version (Allies 2nd spawn point internal door access / 2 x side door to cp access / axis tank repair included / 3 radars to blow up
Goldrush GA + Spawn swap script / Both gold secured, allies and axis spawn points swap
Battery Mod Version (Axis have barrier instead of ramp / Allies have ramp to gun / Allies blow radar + 2 gun objectives
Fueldump Mod Version (Winter time / multi axis bridges / multi allies task objectives
Heart of Gold - In current rotation
Adlernest - In current rotation
Praetoria M1 - From Pre-November new maps preview 2 part map campaign - The two most visualy impressive ET maps Ive ever played. Excellent objectives.
Praetoria M2 - Well thought out design and great game play for 6 per side to 16 per side. Just read the description and objectives list.

Joke :D

Streets by night +1
Xposed +1
Goldrush GA +1
Supply (pro , the one at night) +1
Frostbite +1
Aldernest +1
Fueldump +1
Dubrovnik +1

Others:

fidels football return: lots of fun with the open area up top then tight tunnels down low, good for a Pub server, but would sh!t any serious gamer.

Baserace; love this map but its lost its funness and now i just use it to get needle kills. Still fun.

morbit

caen2
braundorf b4
supply depot 2
venice
goldrush ga
sos_secret weapon
sw oasis b3
dubrovnik final
frostbite
sp delivery te

radar with script as mentioned by skank would be ideal replacement of one of these

other customs that are good
decoder beta 4
the river2 redux
temple final (i know this one will get some nickers in a not but it would be good on oz server with the high numbers it does get, although does tempt a lot to go cov and snipe in first stage set limit on cov in script to maybe 3 a side)

morbit

sorry for double post timed out for edit
another maybe for xmas would be
santas grotto 1.2 (its a bit of a love it or hate it map but can be fun)

G-Train

Braundorf +1
Adlernest +1
Supply + 1
Goldrush +1
Radar(w/no fog+grass) +1
Frostbite +1
TC_base + 1
Special Delivery/SoS secret weapon +1
(random custom map) Venice +1
+1 except remove venice and add Missile B3(This is such an underated map)

Cheers

G

Antagonist

f2 to GA Goldrush guys....... i must of had this debate about a dozen times.. but in the end on each time we all agreed it was a newbier version because most of the battles happen in a 2 ft doorway and most of the players are bedazzled by the many new holes in the wall