• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

MCMMO levels

Level cap:

Votes: 3 25.0%

Votes: 1 8.3%

Votes: 5 41.7%

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No Level Cap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
posted by me since members can't do polls (thatlvl3dude)

Currently on the server, there is a plugin that allowed players to level up their skills by doing an activity over and over again. This plugin gives Minecraft an RPG style feel.
This plugin massivly helps the community, and makes for a generaly fun gameplay.

Sadly, this plugin comes with its many bugs (as do most) any many "pitfalls" of creativity. Combat is the pitfall I'd personally, like to address.
Currently how the plugin is configured, the max. level any person can get their skills to is 1000. This makes the skill incredibly over-powered when this level is reached.

I feel, that giving a max. level cap to a skill like Swords, Axed, Unarmed and anything of the sorts, will allow for an easier gameplay experience when PVPing. When unarmed is achived to level 1000, players will have the ability to 1 hit un-armoured player, dealing 8 hearts of damage a hit.

Axes, when sprinting (causing criticals) and using Mcmmo criticals, you deal 15 hearts of damage, through armour. This makes axes, a massivly op skill when compared to combat.

So, the point of this thread is recommend that a level cap is introuced on combat stats.
For anyone that can take the effort, please vote.

Would you like a level cap?
My recommended levels for the cap would be:

1. 200
  2. 300
  3. 500
  4. 800
  5. No Level Cap

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale248

Some part of me is remembering somewhere that you can change how some skills, such as axes, actually works or in short...does less damage?

Or it is more possible to just make it so you get half the experience, therefore doubling how long it takes to level up. all possibilites IMO

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
I think the cap should be at 800, but even so, perhaps take a while longer to get there for skills like axes where it has a big effect or maybe lessen the ability the mcmmo skills actually have. (the strength of them I mean).

*800 Fishing 4 Life :)

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
Above 250 for any PVP related skill means people get one hit, IMO cap the Swords/axes etc at 200 and let the rest be OP.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
I think the cap should be at 800, but even so, perhaps take a while longer to get there for skills like axes where it has a big effect or maybe lessen the ability the mcmmo skills actually have. (the strength of them I mean).
Above 250 for any PVP related skill means people get one hit, IMO cap the Swords/axes etc at 200 and let the rest be OP.
These sound like the best way to go since these are effectively the one-hit-wonder skills.

We could also halve the amount of xp given for such skills and reduce how many 'bonuses' they give.

koyote grzz

really if u have 1000 u still cant 1 hit people and after u have a really high skill it will cap if off so no matter what there is no 1 hit.
p.s. skills dont really start to get powerful until like 500 that's why i voted 500

Reds1026

I think that the cap overall should be around 800 give or take.

Also i agree with ferny's idea of mobs dropping less "loot," however i believe that the amount of xp give per mob kill should stay the same. The xp amount should not change because as a regular faction player it can be quite hard to gain levels.

Regarding /warp mob my preference is that there is some sort of buy-in perhaps weekly to reduce players from hoarding/getting absolutely free experience. In me saying This I in no way shape or Form encourage the the abolishment of /warp mob itself for it serves a double purpose. It for one works as a mob spawner (of course), also it has worked as sort of a battleground in a way replacing the old set up of /warp wild.

Also :) and thanks for reading this far but also the chest bank is absolutely not working for both me and my faction members as i have observed. The chestbank let me put in more than 27 items.

Everything was fine and jolly until i went back to the chest bank to grab my sharpness v knockback 2 and my power v punch 1 fire 1 bow titled "reds's awesome bow" i soon realized that the chest bank told me that any extra items that were obove the 27 limit were returned to me.

"Okay, okay.................wait" and just like that they turned into a regular knockback 2 and a regular flame 1 (no longer title red's awesome bow) long story short i think enderchests should be brought back but simply implacable to players in gamemode 0.

Thank you for considering my ideas. -Reds1026

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
really if u have 1000 u still cant 1 hit people and after u have a really high skill it will cap if off so no matter what there is no 1 hit.
p.s. skills dont really start to get powerful until like 500 that's why i voted 500
No, that is incorrect.

Also i agree with ferny's idea of mobs dropping less "loot," however i believe that the amount of xp give per mob kill should stay the same. The xp amount should not change because as a regular faction player it can be quite hard to gain levels.
What? This was never mentioned - Regarding the 'loot'. If you had read the other posts, xp has not changed besides that of only gaining it from mobs.

Regarding /warp mob my preference is that there is some sort of buy-in perhaps weekly to reduce players from hoarding/getting absolutely free experience. In me saying This I in no way shape or Form encourage the the abolishment of /warp mob itself for it serves a double purpose. It for one works as a mob spawner (of course), also it has worked as sort of a battleground in a way replacing the old set up of /warp wild.
From this I gather that you wish to somehow restrict its use but keep the area/warp. What we could/might/should do then is make the room a pay-to-enter (simple sign warp).

The chestbank let me put in more than 27 items.

Everything was fine and jolly until i went back to the chest bank to grab my sword and my bow titled "reds's awesome bow" i soon realized that the chest bank told me that any extra items that were obove the 27 limit were returned to me.
First off, There are signs for a reason, secondly its on the todo list (chestbank default will equal 27).
When you overfill a chestbank it instantly returns the items when you close it, how you didn't notice this before is strange since they would be there in your inventory.

Not sure for titled items since they are only vanity based, (for show), It appears that the chestbank plugin has no idea what to do with the extra id bits so just reverts it.

koyote grzz

ccdfern i think u makeing mcmmo pve gain is messingup mcmmo. I think this may be glitching out mcmmo because for example i can kill mobs easily with my fists but when i fight players they take as many hits as if i had 0 unarmed. and the axes skull splitter is glitching out a lot i know because some of my friends use axes a lot example: iflux, and nowudie. thank u for reading this and if u would like to test anything out on me be your guest
and in the mcmmo forums u gave the unarmed and axes said vandalized!
and from what i read archery is the only one that really seamed Op and able to 1 hit

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Mm, yes I just went over it again and some things I did improperly, so have righted those. Although people did seem to be managing without the pvp skills, though some were dying more than usual >:).

As to the wiki, I have noticed that its getting griefed a lot lately, so will grab copies of the pages when they're normal.

(Shall be resolved next reboot)

And when thinking about the damage, we are considering un-armoured people and people with gear other than diamond, they do exist.... >.>

koyote grzz

thank you for doing that because i miss killing people with my fists i could kill mobs easily but when i fought people it just got really annoying and i had like no chance of disarm which i use in a lot of my strategy.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Mcmmo has now had all of the Fighting Skills limited to a maximum level of 500, as voted for in the poll.

If anyone is unhappy with this decision and was unable to vote in the time allotted, they may put up a thread in regard to this one since it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.