• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Melbourne Public Transport is a joke.

Death_Reincarnated

Been getting worse and worse for several years now. Even though Bailieu has won election he will do F**K all to fix it.

The Melbourne transport system is outdated not only in they ticketing system but the infrastructure cannot cope with the high level demand. I think connex/metlink/metro/whateverthef**k it will be called next should really look at how well the london metro system runs as well as paris/geneva system works. All of them are more complex yet things run on time to say the least.

iconoclasst

Death_Reincarnated said:
Been getting worse and worse for several years now. Even though Bailieu has won election he will do F**K all to fix it.

The Melbourne transport system is outdated not only in they ticketing system but the infrastructure cannot cope with the high level demand. I think connex/metlink/metro/whateverthef**k it will be called next should really look at how well the london metro system runs as well as paris/geneva system works. All of them are more complex yet things run on time to say the least.
Bailieu says he is gonna add another 70 trains but without new tracks being laid, it will be delay after delay. Maybe it should revert to a state owned entity. It seems that a few big business now have come and tendered, won, then bitched that they can't actually provide the services they tendered for. They are then re-negotiated and more oney is thrown at them, This has happened repeatedly.

Here an idea. Lower the charge on cabs and triple their numbers. Abolish trains and trams and issue each victorian with thier share of travel funds per year. They can buy a car, a bike or use taxis. Problem solved. I reakon it would still be cheaper than what we are being gouged today.

Death_Reincarnated

iconoclasst said:
Death_Reincarnated said:

Bailieu says he is gonna add another 70 trains but without new tracks being laid, it will be delay after delay. Maybe it should revert to a state owned entity. It seems that a few big business now have come and tendered, won, then bitched that they can't actually provide the services they tendered for. They are then re-negotiated and more oney is thrown at them, This has happened repeatedly.

Here an idea. Lower the charge on cabs and triple their numbers. Abolish trains and trams and issue each victorian with thier share of travel funds per year. They can buy a car, a bike or use taxis. Problem solved. I reakon it would still be cheaper than what we are being gouged today.
If they remove the tram netowrk from melb we would be worse off though. Even though its old and useless its better than nothing. Giving money to people as a means of funds would make ppl spend it on other things than transport lol. I know I would. Introducing more taxis meas more traffic, more congestion and more greenhouse gas emmisions. At the moment both the train and road network is congested.

The only way I see an option out of this is if people leave melbourne. There is nowhere to place more train tracks and nowhere to place more bypass roads. Underground is too costly and unfit. This is the problem where you have infrastructure dating some 50yrs still running in a growign city. Playing Simcity gives you the best demonstration of this.

Its been what 3yrs now since they began work on the westgate bridge? I mean that f**ken pice of old crap will fall sooner than later after the addidtion of the extra lane and barriers. The barriers were added so ppl dont jump of the bridge..I say let them, it will lower population and lower congestion in melbourne...melb city council wins and we win cos there are less idiots in this world. The funny thing is THEY CANT ADD ANOTHER BRIDGE FOR TRUCKS BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE THE SPACE TO DO SO!

Melbourne is going down the drain because it cant provide general necessity for people like proper transport.

i0nwr1t3r

The issue is lack of infrastructure planning & policy implementation ,previous governments sell off the public transport sector knowing full well that private interests
are notorious for lack of maintenance & the failure of infrastructure is compounded by the lack of political will to bite the bullet & inform the public that taxes need to
raised to pay for the replacement / upkeep of these networks.

On the bright side , we aren't in the dire straits Sydney siders seem to have to live with yet. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Great video BTW icon , most Melbournians can relate!

nelots

i0nwr1t3r said:
On the bright side , we aren't in the dire straits Sydney siders seem to have to live with yet. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Whats wrong with Sydney??? We have light rail, monorail and traditional rail!!! not to mention failbus, failferry and failtaxis unlike you Southerners :banana: :banana: :banana:

Death_Reincarnated

nelots said:
^Nice find of something thats from the start of the year.
The hardbour bridge is a bottomless pit for money that needs to be spend on taking care of it. Just like the sydney opera house where the tiles need to be polished and when they finish doing it they have to start again lol.

Lol alot of people hate that building in melbourne, I find it funky and futureristic....its where cities are going and it may look bad/weird now but i reckon in the near future it will suit the city.

As for the public train system in melbourne I think they could do with a monorail.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Death_Reincarnated said:
The hardbour bridge is a bottomless pit for money that needs to be spend on taking care of it. Just like the sydney opera house where the tiles need to be polished and when they finish doing it they have to start again lol.
Classic D_R here. Apart from warragamba dam, the sydney harbour bridge is about the single most crucial piece of infrastructure in sydney.

Trust me, it is well worth the maintenance spend.

nelots

Death_Reincarnated said:
Yeah, everything you build now requires absolutely ZERO maintenance for the duration of its life.
Regardless of their maintenance bills, both the Harbour Bridge & Opera House are Sydney's icons and rake in tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars so spending chump change on maintaining them is worth every cent but I doubt you'll understand it.
Death_Reincarnated said:
Lol alot of people hate that building in melbourne, I find it funky and futureristic....its where cities are going and it may look bad/weird now but i reckon in the near future it will suit the city.
Really, cladding odd ball shaped scrap metal around a building makes it futuristic? and that place hosts Homeless World Cup so yeah Melbourne for homeless mecca of Australia FoSure! :banana:

Death_Reincarnated

With the rise in temperature so will it cause accelerated rusting of the bridge. Maintanance is an issue in both of the bridges (melb and syd). Sure sydney has their great icons but Id prefer to see some funky looking builidng than brick ones that melbourne still has throughout its city. Just looks old and primative.

As for world cup 2022...melb will get the final hands down. Unless the AFL will be a bunch of whiny little bit***s and still want to host their games on MCG.

G-Train

why should AFL give up the Home of AFL so some whiny pos's that act more than actually play the game, can prance around the place like they have a paddlepop stick where the sun dont shine.

Stupid sport for stupid people.

nelots

I said HOMELESS WORLD CUP!!! as in HOBOS IN RAGS PLAYING SOCCER!!!

Death_Reincarnated said:
With the rise in temperature so will it cause accelerated rusting of the bridge. Maintanance is an issue in both of the bridges (melb and syd). Sure sydney has their great icons but Id prefer to see some funky looking builidng than brick ones that melbourne still has throughout its city. Just looks old and primative.
Lerl, like Flinders St station? if you want new contemporary buildings just wait until they build Bangaroo or go Brisvegas. Melbourne is just a wannabe HUB that fails to deliver.

Death_Reincarnated

G-Train said:
why should AFL give up the Home of AFL so some whiny pos's that act more than actually play the game, can prance around the place like they have a paddlepop stick where the sun dont shine.

Stupid sport for stupid people.
LOL dont encompas every football country as wannabe fakers; the italians lead the way!

[youtube:5o1g948s]mP5mLY16xTc[/youtube:5o1g948s]

As for football being stupid sport...what kinda people make/watch a game that has an egg shaped ball that can be handled with hands and kicked between two poles...and people still call this FOOTBALL lol....there is a reason why a game is called foot-ball and it doesnt involve the use of hands...better call it Eggball.

Oh the weekly tribunal sessions...its like watching judge judy mixed with jerry springer show - the australian edition.

nelots

Death_Reincarnated said:
As for football being stupid sport...what kinda people make/watch a game that has an egg shaped ball that can be handled with hands and kicked between two poles...and people still call this FOOTBALL lol....there is a reason why a game is called foot-ball and it doesnt involve the use of hands...better call it Eggball.
Oh the weekly tribunal sessions...its like watching judge judy mixed with jerry springer show - the australian edition.
By your own logic, foot-ball should be renamed to Roundball and I'm not 100% sure but doesn't the goalies use their hands??? /fail
Better luck next time since Qatar WON! /failfail