• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Metro Exodus

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Metro: Exodus publisher pulled the game off Steam shelves just before release, even tho peeps had pre-purchased it on steam. Steam is not impressed. Have to buy now thru Epic/Tencent

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
I should probably hide that, sorry ulti. Given convo's in shoutbox I don't know what our stance is on that stuff D:

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Game has glitches. Fer instance when surprise jumped by mutants your shotty is pretty much the weapon of choice right then so you go to pull up it from your arsenal where it was at the last save, and guess what it's disappeared - so the mutant happily tea-bags your carcass. Quit and reload fixes it, but sometimes need to do it a couple of times :droid:

Last edited:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, sounds like poor saving methods; when re-spawning, perhaps try rebinding the weapons to slots as a matter of habit?

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Problem has resolved itself and was only happening at one choke point. Haven't played any Metro titles before this so it's a steep learning curve. Although it claims to be 'open world', it is not strictly so. The game is set in wide open spaces, but if you deviate from the obvious path by much there are plenty of random mutant creatures to take you out and all ammo is wasted - so it is still basically a linear game. But it looks beautiful (as much as a post-apocalyptic world can look beautiful) and the train stuff effing rocks.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
but if you deviate from the obvious path by much there are plenty of random mutant creatures to take you out and all ammo is wasted
Well that's a shame, would prefer signs/minefields/invis walls to that, especially if its not so obvious till you waste stuff.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Highly recommend playing the first two, remaster editions offer a smoother transition from 2033 to Last Light, they are both solid linear with a good mix of plot and action/stealth.

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Cheers. Also an update on 'open world'. As your character progresses you naturally 'find' improved mods for your arsenal. So now with the assault rifle + large mag + telescopic sights + noise suppressor + laser the beasties can be cleared from an area you need to cross by sniping from a high spot. Still takes 3 or 4 headshots to drop one tho. But the areas of high radioactivity are no go and there is water everywhere - forget swimming coz your character can't and there are even worse things in the water than on land - bit like a cross between a whale, a croc and a lobster that can spit radioactive gob at you from the waters edge as well ...

Last edited:

Baker Street

ET Moderator
You would think someone would check shiz like this before it's released. There are other spots where there aint no wheels at all and carriages just float above the rails heh

Metro  Exodus Screenshot 2019.03.09 - 03.56.43.24_24.jpg

Last edited:

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Dammit why'd no-one tell me there are two possible game endings. Just coz I was a total arsehat and killed everything and everyone, now I'm ded and buried lol

Last edited:

Baker Street

ET Moderator
No new games catch my fancy atm so replaying this and this time no killing, not even definite baddasses if I can help it. It can be hard tho to tell which is which coz even the 'good' guys will try and kill you for no reason when you first came across them, but once you neutralise without killing, npc's start helping by giving you cool stuff or helpful intel. Because of the conditional branching story lines, whole new ventures are opening up that weren't in the first go and it is shaping up to be a pretty different game. Bloody mutants are still arseholes though ...

Last edited:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Holy moley 79 gig required to install, probably should wait to get a new gfx before playing, don't think my backup 5770 will like it

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Aye, it is a big beast of a game and it seems to take forever to DL. As far as graphics, I have a Nvidia GTX 1080Ti GPU (which is a beast) but even it can't run this game in 4K with all ultra settings everywhere. Resolution and settings need dialling down in certain stages (eg forests with lots of pretty trees with lots of pretty leaves) to ensure smooth gameplay without jittering or tearing, but still have a reasonable frame rate.