• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Minecraft Connection Bar - Bug

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
So, there's been a ton of talk lately how the server is ohs o bad since only a few people have good connection and everyone has 1 bar well... that's not really true. I decided to go and investigate what really is the issue here and went to see if it's maybe just our server with our anti-ICMP DOS scripts (anti ping scripts) on our server.

Well conclusion was it's not. Basically this is what happens when you connect to a server, it pings all players currently on. That includes yourself, thus why you have full bars on every server you join. BUT the issue is when new players connects it doesn't go and ping them as well, so they just show up as minimal connection to the server (as low as possible). So if someone has good bars and leaves and comes back while you are on the server, when they rejoin they will have with what seems a bad connection which in reality is probably 4 or 5 bars since it's an awesome server.. just saying.

How do I fix it then:

Well you can't really unless you use a custom client (I think Spout client may fix this), but don't quote me. If you disconnect/reconnect it should show everyone with what their connections are properly then. (or at least until someone else joins the server).

Hope this clears up some stuff guys!! - Btw Trailer video is being made! -It's f1 to turn your GUI off found that out today :)