• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

My proposal for Origin Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaPpY

MY proposal for origin tournament
2 teams play off against each other in a best out of 3 competition, as we want this to be fairly similar to the origin we are basing it on. We have nominated QLD and NSW captains and they select a side each match based on players that live in their respective state at the time. It will be a 6v6 match on 3 selected maps, a NSW-team chosen map, a QLD-team chosen map and a map voted on by the whole OZ community as its good to get everyone involved.
Server details:
We have OZ admin either password the server and give out passwords to players or leave the server open and have admin on there controlling it. All xp of the players should be reset to 0 and reset after every match to allow for fair play. A customized server configuration would be helpful to change everything to default and 6v6 rules, including the captain having some powers to substitute and kick his team members in case of lag and other small problems. A possible way to up OZ donations would be to have a certain amount of slots up for sale each match; highest bidders get a seat in spectator and watching the live game.
Vent details:
3 vent channels will need to be created, one for NSW team, one for QLD team and one for the spectators and everyone else who wants in on the action.

We want this to start asap, so with OZ’s permission I would like to run this, and organise everything so we can get a winner, of course NSW. Everyone is welcome to help me get the cfgs going and recruiting players for the teams etc. Oh and fizz no hard feelings mate, I just believe it should be set up like this. If you want you can be the shout caster (commentator) for the games on vent- “Happy takes the shot. OH HE HITS HIM SQUARE IN THE HEAD. What a play by NSW, this might be over folks!!!"
Cheers,
Happy

blusky

Kinda sucks if it's just QLD vs NSW, it seems that these are the players from those states are those that use the forums so they know about the competition.

Make a Vic team :C. Surely NZ would be able to make a team as well?

HaPpY

so far theres enuf for a NSW and QLD team
if any1 else can get a team of 6 players that live in the state then we can include that team and make it more interesting
but they need 2 live in the state at the time

but wat do u think of the way i set it out?

blusky

Yeah it's set out well. You should aim to only use competition maps if it's 6v6 (adler, braundorf, supply, goldrush etc). I don't think many people are going to pay to spectate - should be first in best dressed.

Good idea on the changed server configuration aswell. You'll have to make the default 20/30 second spawn times for allies and axis and make the spawn invincibility default - SK allowed. Resetting of XP is tricky, not sure if everyone would want to lose all their XP - unless it can be restored :S

I only know 3 players from Vic - myself, prince and hicksy. I think they'd play but not too sure. It would be FAR more interesting if all states + NZ could get a team - much more of a competition.

HaPpY

haha i dont count tasmania as a state
and yea i dont mind 1st in best dressed, would keep the server full up until the match lol
ppl can copy their etkeys and use a new 1 for the match, that way no xp, and u can get it all back
need admins go ahead tho, and they need 2 send me current cfgs so i can edit them lol

blusky

I think you should give a little time for other states to try and get players. As I said it would be far more fun. Up to you though. Maybe just have nsw vs qld then a few weeks later do a comp with all the states.

VIC PLAYERS THAT ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING SPEAK UP!

G-Train

Cool, sounds good hey.

If not enough players from other states, you could make it an all star team of multiple states(Like SA/VIC/TAS/WA)

3 teams would be more fun than 2.

GJ Happy.

blusky

It's hard to make the teams, i'd gladly play for VIC but i'm fairly lazy and CBF organizing a team. As I said before it seemed like majority of the forum users are from NSW + QLD that's why they have their teams.

G

Alright post up the teams so far and i think that another team can be added. The unwanted bums that dont fit in anywhere :) And also it would be nice to know who is captaining from then on we will set a date and you guys can arrange your own pracs and etc. Prize... has any decided on what they would like? Or what the winning prize is? Your maps need to be finalised as well. However, first thing first is can you guys please arrange teams if you guys cant then will help but teams need to be set and captains need to be decided before anything moves on. I am giving you guys the go ahead for another team. From what happy has said teams of 6 have been decided and come on 6 isnt that hard like i am sure Lammy wants a nz team so if vic and nz cant get enough you can combine.

G

yeah and seeing as you have openly admitted you cbf to arrange then i will see is lammy wants to if not then i will set up your team but i have a good idea who will be in it anyway :p

G

how about we add two more teams on top?
so maybe vic and __
and a nz and ___
ithink that might balance out the teams

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
all we need now is a new post that is continaully edited of the new teams with thei rplayer names udnerneath each team.

Status
Not open for further replies.