• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

New moderation tool /!report

Trigger Happy

Hi Guys,

So to make life easier for players and moderators, we have now created a new command that players can use to alert moderators about a grievance on the server. Essentially, if you are being abused by a player, getting TK'd/Bled on purpose or think that someone is hacking, you can now use the silent command /!report to alert moderators about them. This command also logs information about the player so if no moderators are on at the time, you can /!report them and then send a PM to a Dev Member to check the logs and find the player. This also helps us when we are trawling through logs to see if someone abused someone else etc as we log details to make that job easier.
To use the system, simply type /!report [playername] [reason] and online moderators will be notified of your grievance and be able to help you out with the situation.
As with any of the things we make, there are limitations to how far you can go, you can only send out 3 reports per session and those found spamming will be given a little holiday from the server. This command is to help the players and if it gets out of control we will simply remove it.
That being said, it is there to be used so if you find you are in a situation where you need to contact moderators discretely, go ahead and use it.
Remember, this command can be used silently, this means that you put a / character before the command (/!report instead of !report) and it will not be seen in global.

Cheers

iconoclasst

This seems like a brilliant innovation. Can I just clarify one thing though: you say the format is /!report playername reason. What if it is one of those wierd names? Can you use maybe concurrent characters that only apply to that player or do you need to enter the entire player name in it's correct format?

iconoclasst

Thanks BR. That clarifies it for me.

Once again, I think this could be a great innovation. Here's hoping nuf nuf's don't spoil it for us all.

Fraggle

Hi
I would just like it comfirmed please!
Will lvl 10 Aka Senior Mods get this message aswell on the server or am I missunderstanding and it will be only sent to lvl 11+ aka Staff and DEV?

Just need to know so I know as to wether or not to keep an eye out for anything matching the above description!

Thanx
Fraggle

Trigger Happy

All OZ members will receive the alert, however only the moderator levels and up will be able to deal with the actual complaint.

Cheers