• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

New NQ Fun Server!

Lestat

since i cant post in the "headline's"

CC configed ?? who is that random ?? maybe it is Riff? rofl!

NQ is one if the better mod's that i spent hours perfecting a cfg for ... and well speaking to hicksy on msn .. seems like there is No real cfg in place... was tellin him rcon commands and none worked ....then a reboot and some did... so CC whoever u are you know sfa about NQ just to be frank.and as i told hicks tho i am not OZ anymore i will be only too happy to help out.Coz of hicks and horus.All you need do is shout.Hicks and horus both have me on MSN and when i can i will help ya out with ya queries.The downfall of NQ ... was its pk3 size... 20mb+ in the day.. not sure if they have refined this but i doubt it with all the cool stuff NQ has to offer! i mean 9 levels? that shiz is cool specially when u run a Xpsave ...

Why do i say Riff? check this out ...

http://redirectingat.com/?id=593X1004&u ... 6start%3D0

credit to m@t

blusky

I'm just a little concerned that adding this server will split the number of active ET players that play on OZ.

Even as I write this there are only 3 players on OZ-ETPub when normally, at this time, there'd be 20+
There are only 5 on the NQ server.

It's important that the critical mass of players is not lost. I've seen it happen too many times :(

edit: OZ-ETPub is now empty, two mins after writing the above :cry:
Quoted from matilda. I'd hate to see the 32 player server die because of this - I honestly have not seen OZ empty at this time since I started playing there.

Also I tried to join the NQ server....my et crashed, and keeps crashing when I try to join, what's up with that?

Sunncaeks

blusky said:
Also I tried to join the NQ server....my et crashed, and keeps crashing when I try to join, what's up with that?

That was happening to me. But then I manually downloaded most of the files and placed into my Wolf ET folder, and the remaining maps, (cluedo, the basketball one) downloaded fine through the server.

superMINGE

well now that there is a topic on this....hicksy hope you don't mind :D :lol:

the LOL_FUNPARK.pk3 map/file is a fail download. It'll crash your ET everytime. Download it from an external source, i.e google it!! Don't download off this site until it is fixed.
Once you have downloaded and put in your etmain folder, delete any .tmp files that have been created from trying to download it ingame.

Hicksy

and well speaking to hicksy on msn .. seems like there is No real cfg in place...

because as i said. its half done. we are TESTING IT STILL.

was tellin him rcon commands and none worked .
because it was half set up. we was still TESTING.

...then a reboot and some did...
coz some more commands had been implemented AFTER more test.

Dunno why u even post half this stuff

so CC whoever u are you know sfa about NQ just to be frank

ur not frank so dont try :p

yeh sorry minge. was aware that funpark pk3 fails and crashs.

WE ARE TESTING PPL hahahha havent had time to change the source file on the web serv YET

omg. server wasnt ment to be open til saturday lol

all these lil issues will have been sorted.

superMINGE

geez hicksy excuses excuses :p

I wasn't having a go man, just letting people know if they want to get on the server that's what needs to be done :D

You know I think you're the shiz hicksy!! :p

And blame BR for people going on before it opens officially hahaha he posted the thread!! :lol: awesome that you can shoot down panzers HAHAHA

Death_Reincarnated

LOl i came on last night around midnight....IT WAS DEAD AND HAD TO OWN BOTS INSTEAD!!! Then suddenly people started to flock...I preach to you all...join me on the battlefield and you shall feel the wrath of my ping_hax.exe mwaahahahahaha......

NQ mod is nice and love the camera on those panzers...nothing more rewarding than seeing that little red-rocket fly into someones face :D

Considering one servers gets packed and more people want to connect...it might be a good idea to have a second NQ server. It shouldnt split the community but broaden it. If people enjoy ETPub they will play it...NQ is something new but people will flock back to ETPub IMO.

Lestat

-OZ-superMINGE said:
awesome that you can shoot down panzers HAHAHA
Ya can in Etpub too its just a cvar : see the /kill thread :)

best things about NQ are:

Cant shoot while on a ladder
Lean Ho's can be seen
Field C.P.R.
And coolest of all Disguised as the enemy You can call for Ammo or Med and its "in the enemy's chat as the person u took the uni of" and when they give ya ammo or med's,BAM shoot em in the face to say thanks :p

Those are just my fav's of NQ

CCneedmorechars

shived said:
CC configed ?? who is that random ?? maybe it is Riff? rofl!
Says the guy who has changed his name how many times since he's been playing ET?

NQ is one if the better mod's that i spent hours perfecting a cfg for ... and well speaking to hicksy on msn .. seems like there is No real cfg in place... was tellin him rcon commands and none worked ....then a reboot and some did... so CC whoever u are you know sfa about NQ just to be frank.and as i told hicks tho i am not OZ anymore i will be only too happy to help out.Coz of hicks and horus.All you need do is shout.Hicks and horus both have me on MSN and when i can i will help ya out with ya queries.
Entirely don't understand why as one of the older, more 'mature' members of the Australian ET community you're instantly raging me. Server is under testing. Config I supplied had a lot of "uncomment this line if you want to enable it because I don't know if you will". I know sfa about NQ? It seems to me sir, that you know sfa about manners and grammar. You haven't even seen the config and abuse me for it? Perhaps this aspect of your behaviour contributed to you no longer being in OZ and all the major fights you've had with the admin/mod teams of previous ET servers

Why do i say Riff? check this out ...

http://redirectingat.com/?id=593X1004&u ... 6start%3D0

credit to m@t
Not Riff. I'm actually sexy.

I just don't get what I did for you to semi-rage at me. Look at the config first before you start commenting on my lack of knowledge. It seems there may have been a miscommunication between BR and myself that WHEN HE GETS THE TIME to go through and look at the sections I've indicated as options to change and enable them. Considering you can enable practically any feature through rcon, including jp_insanity, I don't understand what commands you couldn't do. Tyranny is possibly disabled but that was likely due to there only being three levels on the server (0, 1, 2) and most level 2 users would have rcon if they needed to do something.

Please don't needlessly rage and abuse other members of a community that has already shrunk significantly from the 'good old days' of Optus, PTGN, Node and OGN. You're an adult, grow the eff up and stop trying to start fights just so you can make yourself seem useful. I have nothing wrong with you personally, I just dislike being abused by someone when all I did was help out a busy and overworked ET server admin who is also a friend.

Oh, maps failing to download wasn't me either. My ET crashed whenever I got a few seconds into downloading any through the server. I only set the NQ and shrubbot settings. The etmain settings were from someone else.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Ok. Well the idea of the post was also for people to post up any issues you had... Instead of just not playing.. It may be good ot post up your problems so that I could get back to them..
Secondly, Regardless of your mention of Riff.. I don't see at all how that link was supposed to help us understand why u referred to him..
Lastly, I put the notice up just to get some more testers. Im not removing the password until we have all the bugs worked out :)
Once again I thank the people I thanked and will take very little interest in peoples posts who try to undermine others to show themselves up.

P.S If any maps are stuffing up please say so, so that I or another admin may correct it.

Kind Regards, BR

Abolisher

Administrator
in regard to the server spliting i agree i said that we should have fun days 2 times a month to twist things up a bit would be awesome

Hicksy

doesnt look like too much of an issue at the moment. if things got really bad we can just password it back up again.

but at the moment there are a couple of ppl of it just to have a bit of fun.

the ones that still wanna pew pew are all on the main server currently 26/32

Lestat

NQ changelog
Code:
1.2.5 No Quarter - MOONSHOT

* Added sounds for field ops artillery/airstrike option
    * Aura radius and sprite fix
    * Browning 3rd person model fix
    * Bot rework
    ** Merged latest omnibot updates
    ** Bot modname and modversion fix
    ** Bot event chat fix
    ** Bots use all available landmines now
    ** No kick for bots if teamkill restriction is reached
    ** Rework of bots weapon charge
    * General cleanup
    ** Old bot code removal part II
    ** Unused cvar/cmd/code clean up (biggest cleanup ever!)
    ** 37! sound & message spree cvars removed
    ** SAVEGAME_SUPPORT removed as it was never used
    ** Client inits much faster now
    * yadas' client crash log
    * Dogtags icon for upcoming versions (NEED MD3 modell if this will be real)
    * Fixed !disguise bug
    * Menu callvote shuffleteamsxp_norestart fix
    * !dw (drop weopons) shrubbot cmd added
    * Shotgun
    ** Stats fix - acc & kill count
    ** Skill fix - lower light weapon skills have less spread again
    * CPU usage server side fix on player_die & calculateranks
    * Menu callvote poll fix
    * Callvote exploit security fix !!!
    * Lua API implementation - thx to ETPub team !!!
    ** ETPro announce log behavior
    * Option to use different Lua libs (f.g. Lua-SQL, Lua-Socket ...)
    * Hopefully fixed an issue with script actions
    * Damage of some explosive weapons (landmines etc) slightly increased to kill full skilled medics
    * Count selfkill as death
    * !showbans negative parameter fix from C3PEG4
    * General sound rework
    ** Lost arty awareness sound activated
    ** fxSounds fixed
    ** Sound loading infos added
    ** New vote sound added
    ** Unused sounds removed
    ** New 'caching' code
	** Optional sound in case of shrubbot player kick/ban
    ** Missed world game & item sounds added
    * The campaign string is no longer filled up for nuts
    * Loose of disguise if jp_insanity 128 is set for all modes
    * Tweak menu fix & rework (now contained com_hunkmegs setting)
    ** NOTE: If you use a costum ui menu you may need to update this!
    * !freeze update
    ** g_slashkill 128 - slash kill is blocked if player is frozen
    ** Frozen players are not allowed switching the team anymore. Players are frozen for real untill !unfreeze is called or map inits.
    * jp_insanity 1024 - displays attacker's HP & distance
    * Extended accum operations make life much easier for mapscripters
    * Removed g_realism 4 - drop weapons if poisoned
    * Added new medic skill 8 - improved poison needles
    * Added some alt weap sounds
    * Dropped weapon ammo fix - in some cases there was no amo given
    * Medic skill 8 - improved poison needles (poison drops weapons)
    * g_medics 
    ** Flag 16 is fixed 
    ** New anti medic rambo options - see flags > 64
 	** New default value: medics don't get 12% extra HP
 	* New awards
 	** Kick Ass - most kills with the foot. Poison and kick'em :P 
 	** Panzernoob - most self- & teamkills with panzer. Kick'em as well (from server!) 
 	** Doctor Overdose - most poison kills 
 	** War Hero - most objectives done
 	** Best Medic
 	** Best Engineer
    * Extended personalized announcers - show who did it
    * Fixed some engine and security related issues (remapShader fix)
    * Added the etpro mapscript delete statement
    * Rework of some events
    * Rework of some math and other often called functions
    * Dens' sanity checks for userinfo
    * New 'caching' code for models
    * Aura and InPVS is disabled per default, watch g_realism 8
    * g_SBCheats removed - all affected commands require g_tyranny now
    * Limbo/Follow/Deploy text - size decreased, playernames are colored now
    * Small fix for g_canisterKick
    * Spectator rework
    ** Follow player bug fixed
    ** Holding SPRINT-key while clicking mouse will cycle through human players only (skips bots)
    * !listteams reactivated
    * Fixed an issue of weapon cooling
    * Chargebar feedback changed - two separate icons show the status of arty & airstrike now
    * FX TYPE FABRIC implemented
    * Overwork of weapon code and *.weap files  
    * New credits menu added
    * Fixed an issue with team_maxriflegrenades if jp_insanity 128 is set
    * Added cg_smallFont to set client text font size (0 is common size)