• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

NEW SERVER LIVE - CURRENT MAPS ON SERVER - 31/10/09

SkankyMoe

HI EVERYONE,

OK FIRSTLY FOR THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN ASKING ME AND ABUSING ME, IM NOT A MOD, IM JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT A LITTLE WITH THE SERVER ADMIN SIDE OF THINGS.
MOVING RIGHT ALONG, OK AS SOME WOULD KNOW BY NOW, THE NEW SERVER IS UP AND RUNNING AND ITS GOT A HEAP OF NEW MAPS ON IT FOR EVERYONE TO CHECK OUT.
IM NOT IN CONTROL OF MAP ROTATIONS HERE SAY, IM JUST TRYING TO HELP MANAGE THE SERVER, MAPS BEING A PART OF THAT.

I HAD PUT THESE MAPS AND ANOTHER GROUP OF MAPS ON THE SERVER FOR "BR" TO CHECK OUT AND TO HAVE A PEEK AT THEM MYSELF WHILE WORKING ON THE SERVER.
IT JUST HAPPENS TO BE THAT THE SERVER SWITCH HAPPENED A LITTLE EARLIER THAN EXPECTED AND THERE WAS NO TIME TO DECIDE ON WHAT MAPS TO RUN WITH, SO I
SUGGESTED WE LET PEOPLE CHECK OUT SOME NEW MAPS, BEING THE MAPS ON THE SERVER NOW.

SO ID LIKE TO ASK YOU ALL TO GET ON THE NEW SERVER, CHECK OUT THE NEW MAPS AND GIVE SOME FEEDBACK REGARDING THE MAPS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE INCLUDED
OR EXCLUDED FROM, LETS SAY A NEW NOVEMBER MAP ROTATION. IN ADDITION TO THE NEW MAPS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT PREVIOUS FAVORITE MAPS YOU WOULD LIKE
INCLUDED IN THE NEW MAP ROTATION FOR NOVEMBER. DONT WASTE TIME TO CHECK OUT THE NEW MAPS AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE BEFORE YOU WRITE THEM OFF, PLAY
THEM AT LEAST A FEW TIMES, LEARN THE OBJECTIVES AND EXPLORE THE AREA. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR FEEDBACK.

ON TOP OF CHECKING OUT THE NEW MAPS, LOTS OF WHICH NO ONE HAS SEEN BEFORE (WELL GATHERING FROM LOTS OF TONIGHTS COMMENTS) SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
ABOUT THE LIFE CYCLE OF THE MAP ROTATIONS, I CAN CHANGE, UPDATE, ADD, REMOVE MAPS VERY QUICKLY, PRETTY WELL ANY DAY OF THE WEEK AND IT ONLY TAKES A
COUPLE OF MINS TO DO, SO ITS NO TROUBLE TO UPDATE ALONG THE WAY AS WE PLAY, IF AFTER A WEEK OR TWO PEOPLE WANT CHANGE IT CAN HAPPEN WITH "BR's" APPROVAL.

REGARDING THE MAP NAMES, I HAD A FEW PEOPLE PM ME SAYING OMG THIS MAP IS ORSUM, WHATS IT CALLED. HERES A TIP FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW HOW TO CHECK
WHAT THE NAME OF A MAP IS THAT THEY ARE PLAYING AT THE TIME. SEE THE BELOW SCREEN SHOT AS EXAMPLE. [HIT ESC KEY, CLICK ON SERVER INFO BUTTON] SEE MAP NAME.

WATCH THIS THREAD, I WILL ADD A POLL TO IT SOON FOR SOME VOTING RESULTS OF THE CURRENT MAPS POPULARITY, AFTER ALL WE WHO DOESNT LOVE CALLING A VOTE RIGHT.

SkankyMoe

IF ANYONE IS HAVING ANY PROBLEMS GETTING THE MAPS THE BEST PLACE TO GRAB THEM FROM IS THE WEB SITE.

http://www.etozclan.com/files/etmain/

BELOW IS A LIST OF THE MAPS CURRENTLY RUNNING FOR EVERYONE TO PLAY AND CHECK OUT IN ROTATION ORDER,

bloody_omaha_b2
bunker_rsr_b1
caha_tavern_b2
capuzzo_b1
decoder_beta4
HoG_b12
praetoria_m1
praetoria_m2
the_port_a1

IF ANYONE NEEDS ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS TELL ME WHERE YOU WANT THE FILES AND I WILL PUT THEM THERE.
ALSO IVE READ THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE CAPPED ? PM ME WITH YOUR HOME PAGE FTP AND I WILL UPLOAD THEM THERE FOR
YOU TO DOWNLOAD AT FULL SPEED AS ISP'S DONT RESTRICT SPEED ON THEIR OWN DATA PATHS.

Lestat

SkankyMoe said:
PM ME WITH YOUR HOME PAGE FTP AND I WILL UPLOAD THEM THERE FOR
YOU TO DOWNLOAD AT FULL SPEED AS ISP'S DONT RESTRICT SPEED ON THEIR OWN DATA PATHS.
and most isp's supply only 50mb webspace and the are 2 maps that are 35mb each. :) i was capped but adam is so cool u can buy extra data blocks ... $5 = 2gb (lowest data block) and i am uncapped instant.

matilda

DerpLyfe
Skanky, imho a successful rotation needs at least a couple of the old classic maps thrown into the mix.

nelots

SkankyMoe said:
-OZ-matilda said:
Skanky, imho a successful rotation needs at least a couple of the old classic maps thrown into the mix.
UG, DID YOU READ THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD ?
OBVIOUSLY NOT, SO SUMMARIZE IT IN 2 LINES OR ELSE ITS JUST TOO LONG!

SkankyMoe

nelots said:
SkankyMoe said:
-OZ-matilda said:
UG, DID YOU READ THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD ?
OBVIOUSLY NOT, SO SUMMARIZE IT IN 2 LINES OR ELSE ITS JUST TOO LONG!
LINE 1 = READ THE FIRST POST
LINE 2 = LESS QQ, MORE PEW PEW

CHRONIC

Loose that beach map IMO, and that jungle one where the choke point is outside allies spawn.
Add GoldRush (GA?), Aldernest & SP_Delievery

phatbass

SKANK I DUNNO WTF YOU POSTED ROFL I READ 3 LINES AND SAW A SHIT LOAD MORE BUT MEH IM FOR KEEPING IT THE WAY IT EASY PPL WILL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO LEARN THE MAPS AND GOING BY OZ'S PAST THEY WILL BE THERE FOR 2-3 MONTHS SO AGAIN PLENTY OF TIME FOR PEOPLE TO LEARN

SkankyMoe

IF ANYONE IS HAVING ANY PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO THE NEW SERVER SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR MSN ADDRESS AND I WILL ADD YOU AND HELP YOU RESOLVE ANY PROBLEMS

matilda

DerpLyfe
Dr.Dre said:
Loose that beach map IMO, and that jungle one where the choke point is outside allies spawn.
+1

Yes, skanky, I read your post. Nowhere in that upper case text (it's getting annoying now btw) did I see mention of you putting back a couple of the older classic (smaller!) maps. A few other players mentioned in-game that they'd like to see 2-3 more familiar maps.
I have nothing against the new maps. They are fine except for the ones mentioned above by Dr Dre. Nevertheless a well-constructed rotation should not consist of ENTIRELY new maps, as you've currently implemented.

Anyways, thanks for helping out OZ! :D

SkankyMoe

-OZ-matilda said:
Yes, skanky, I read your post. Nowhere in that upper case text (it's getting annoying now btw) did I see mention of you putting back a couple of the older classic (smaller!)
maps. A few other players mentioned in-game that they'd like to see 2-3 more familiar maps.
SO THIS DIDNT MAKE SENSE ?

SkankyMoe said:
CHECK OUT THE NEW MAPS AND GIVE SOME FEEDBACK REGARDING THE MAPS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE INCLUDED OR EXCLUDED FROM, LETS SAY A NEW NOVEMBER MAP
ROTATION. IN ADDITION TO THE NEW MAPS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT PREVIOUS FAVORITE MAPS YOU WOULD LIKE INCLUDED IN THE NEW MAP ROTATION FOR NOVEMBER.
AS FOR ANY CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS/FEEDBACK WELL ONLY ONE PERSON PROVIDED SOME. BEACH AND JUNGLE GONE AS PER SUGESTED, ALDERNEST ADDED AS SUGGESTED, THANKS "Dr.Dre"

Dr.Dre said:
MAYBE IF PEOPLE TOOK AS MUCH TIME TO PROVIDE SOME FEEDBACK REGARDING WHAT MAPS THEY WANT TO SEE ON THE SERVER AS THEY DO WITH THE BOBBLA QQ EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPIER.

-OZ-matilda said:
Nevertheless a well-constructed rotation should not consist of ENTIRELY new maps, as you've currently implemented
I NEVER SAID THIS WAS A NEW ROTATION, AS PER BELOW, THESE MAPS WHERE TO GENERATE FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS REGARDING MAPS TO MAKE THE NEW NOVEMBER ROTATION WITH.

SkankyMoe said:
THESE MAPS AND ANOTHER GROUP OF MAPS ON THE SERVER WERE FOR "BR" TO CHECK OUT. THE SERVER SWITCH HAPPENED A LITTLE EARLIER THAN
EXPECTED AND THERE WAS NO TIME TO DECIDE ON WHAT MAPS TO RUN WITH, SO I SUGGESTED WE LET PEOPLE CHECK OUT SOME NEW MAPS. IN ADDITION
TO THE NEW MAPS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT PREVIOUS FAVORITE MAPS YOU WOULD LIKE INCLUDED IN THE NEW MAP ROTATION FOR NOVEMBER.
-OZ-matilda said:
Anyways, thanks for helping out OZ! :D
WUB JU ALWAYS DAD, YOUR WELCOME, MY INTENTIONS ARE JUST TO HELP MANAGE AND DEVELOP THE SERVER FOR THE FUTU

AS FOR THE OFFICAL NOVEMBER MAP ROTATION NOW EFFECTIVE PLEASE SEE THIS POST FROM "BR"
http://www.etozclan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3371

OH, I ALMOST FORGOT :lol:
-OZ-matilda said:
Nowhere in that upper case text (it's getting annoying now btw)
LOLCANO + ROFLCOPTER

gemanix

moved from the other thread:

gemanix said:
1. thank you oz and skanky for your work upgrading the server to the new location. the transistion (chg mgt) has been well thought out.
2. there are some good new maps
3. i suggest we alter the rotation slightly to allow a break with maps we're familiar with. ie alternate a new map, then radar, then another new map, then oasis, etc..
looks like a mix has already been implemented.

also, would love it see radar, but admit might be fail with lvl4 fops.
i always liked karsiah_te2.pk3 too.

The Admiral

SkankyMoe said:
IF ANYONE IS HAVING ANY PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO THE NEW SERVER SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR MSN ADDRESS AND I WILL ADD YOU AND HELP YOU RESOLVE ANY PROBLEMS
Can I PM you with my MSN address and we can cyber instead?

blusky

I haven't played on the server yet cos i'm capped and the maps are like 20MB each.

But you need goldrush!!! Everyone loves goldrush, EVERYONE!!

Don't add railgun/battery - they're terrible on pubs.

The only maps I began to get extremely bored of in the last rotation was Italy, Ice and ....oasis!

Would be good if more of the community had input on the rotation - i'll be sure to post when i've played them a few times. Good stuff Moe!

SkankyMoe

Dr.Dre said:
the_port_a1 was a good find
Axis objectives :

1. Prevent the Allies from taking control of the port and blowing up the gate.
2. Guard the station building and the key to the garage.
3. Build your Command Post for improved charge times.
4. Dont let them blow up the train gate.
5. Defend the gold and the radar part.
6. Build the first truck barriere.
7. Build the second truck barriere.
8. Dont let the allies get away with the truck.

Allied objectives :

1. Take control of the port and blow the gate.
2. Steal the key and open the garage door.
3. Build your Command Post for improved charge times.
4. Blow up the train gate.
5. Steal the gold and radarpart and deliver at truck in the garage.
6. Destroy the first truck barriere.
7. Destroy the second truck barriere.
8. Bring the goodies home by escaping with the truck from the garage.

SOURCE = http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/The_Port;90496

Antagonist

gotta have goldrush atleast guys... but some of the customs are pretty fun, the desert style town map is awesome, great for smg fights (would be awesome for paintball)