• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

OZ Lan Party - Organisation

Where are you?

• Queensland

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Victoria

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • South Australia

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Western Australia

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Northern Territory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
We are looking at 15 and above must show ID at door no ID no letting in unless perent is with them I'd say people runing will have to get blue card if I remember correctly

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
Waiver then, all in charge will need the working with children check or whatever you call it in whichever state its in...

I have mine already cause I am a leader at a annual youth camp :3

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
So I can't find anything about legality of waivers, if we write a waiver and get every person to sign in does that make no need for public liability? Be like I blabla am perfectly ok with dying if it requires it at this lan party and take full responsibility even if it is the act of one of my clan members or the organiser?

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Yer something like that Br but a bit more formal like I name under stand the risks involved in a LAN party and will not hold the venue or the organizer publicly liable in any way or form

but we may have to get out insurance for damages and so forth but not sure

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
So I've been researching and apparently if you have waivers if it's still found to be YOUR equipment then you can still be hammer timed. So the only way to avoid that is with, public liability.

Now if we can find a company who is willing/"in the business" they would probably already have public liability and we can "partner" with them which will cover us for those things.

In terms of security, I'm not sure what we will do. Do we have security for the middle of the day or just have it from say 5:00pm -> 11:00pm or something. Assuming the venue closed at 11:00pm.

We also decided whoever we have doing security is wearing a "BAN HAMMER" shirt. And we may try to find a baton... in a shape of hammer... which may just be hammer actually..

Synonym

Issues with Blue cards is that the cost can be prohibitive if you're applying as an individual. I hold one as my work involves children but they can cost ~$70 for an individual. In saying that though I'm not sure if all volunteers would be required to hold one. It depends what our event gets classified as.

Also, we'd need an alcohol and restricted substances policy etc. for liability reasons.

Seconding Triggz as well that 3-4 days may be a little too much our first year. In saying that though, out of state visitors may prefer if it runs for a few days to make the trip worthwhile.

PorT3r

Ooooo i like it :p

Can we get OZ shirts made up too?

Last edited by a moderator:

phatbass

i will be security br free of charge but i will need a few things of course :p
like a borat suit.. for those times you need to chase down perps lol

nelots

Vote: Other --> Host in Nauru! to avoid public liability insurance costs and make everyone attending take out travel insurance WIN!