• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

oz server not showing up in server list

Zulu

I will because you and covert have raised zulu baiting to an art form!
baiting, interesting. i trolled back when internet was a new thing. apparently covert and joker use their wild imagination to think i'm slamming the kb from frustration. lol. truly failed pathetic juvenile trolling. you'll never get good at this game.
in regard to ET, i was saying theres too much variability to blow your own trumpet so loudly and abusing/stacking on other players (long time b4 me) is enexcusable, regardless of your natural talent or other attributes.
its not about me. i'm just the honeypot anti-troll.
your sk1llz are no excuse for your anti-social behaviour. trolling was cool in the 90s, kids.
if you actually care about how others play, help them but without abusing them. realize that due to the myriad of technical limitations, the game does play very differently for others on the server. this is not lan. i played lan when we used to setup or own network using coax and bnc connectors.
you're so easy to troll its stopped being funny. i'm here for the long run for the cause, so you stop being idiot bullies bc your shitz sk1llz.

Covert

baiting, interesting. i trolled back when internet was a new thing. apparently covert and joker use their wild imagination to think i'm slamming the kb from frustration. lol. truly failed pathetic juvenile trolling. you'll never get good at this game.
in regard to ET, i was saying theres too much variability to blow your own trumpet so loudly and abusing/stacking on other players (long time b4 me) is enexcusable, regardless of your natural talent or other attributes.
its not about me. i'm just the honeypot anti-troll.
your sk1llz are no excuse for your anti-social behaviour. trolling was cool in the 90s, kids.
if you actually care about how others play, help them but without abusing them. realize that due to the myriad of technical limitations, the game does play very differently for others on the server. this is not lan. i played lan when we used to setup or own network using coax and bnc connectors.
you're so easy to troll its stopped being funny. i'm here for the long run for the cause, so you stop being idiot bullies bc your shitz sk1llz.
hahahah you are too much. Can we please meet up for beers one day? I'll even shout joker a plane ride over here so the 3 of us can have a cute chat and talk about et settings.

Zulu

yep, that's what matters. can something be finally done so that the stacking, arrogant, distespectful failed trolls stop giving their brand of idiocy to newcomers on the server?
i almost feel sorry for the idiots but they spoil it for everyone else.
the miserably failed trolling is beyond their comprehension but there are social limits with what people are willing to put up with when all they want to do is play a game. server admin have a responsibility and there is a thing as too much before higher up the food chain notice.
there's nothing unique about idiots hiding behind the internet being idiots, they're a dime a dozen. trolling and rofling whilst being very rude and crude for no reason other than bemusing your ego inflated little mind is no excuse for being human. trolling was fun in the 90s, when it was a new thing. you're only 20 years behind the rest. no beer for you.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Off their forums:
Rank is based on the popularity of your server. The players who have been on your server for the past month is what is considered toward your rank. A simple guide to see where you fit (but not a definite placement) is by looking at the average number of players on the server. Basically - the more players who come to your server, the better rank you will have.

Popularity from your server in the past week is considered most toward your rank, but simply if you remember that the more players that join your server, the higher rank your server will be, you will understand all you need to know about what rank is.

TopCAt!

Remarkable coincidence the numbers are increasing...!
Top 10 here we come
Knowing the majority of other servers are just bots, OZ has the potential to be in the top 3 for sure
Bring back the days when you couldn't get a slot unless you left it on connecting to server.......

Zulu

Good to finally see the numbers going up.
PS - Zulu you want my aimbot brah? xo
Remarkable coincidence the numbers are increasing...!
Top 10 here we come
Knowing the majority of other servers are just bots, OZ has the potential to be in the top 3 for sure
Bring back the days when you couldn't get a slot unless you left it on connecting to server.......
ET chocolate egg hunt?
bring back dialup? ;)

Trigger Happy

So I might be late to the party with a response to some of these things, but thought I'd point it out in case it helps...
We coded in some stuff in the past that actually prevented people from being able to switch teams once shuffled (e.g. couldn't just disconnect and reconnect and then switch as per default from memory) and we also coded !putteam to do the same thing. Not sure if this code has been lost somewhere, or maybe just not hooked up, but if you guys still have the same codebase that Ama and I worked on, it should be in there somewhere. I believe we even coded in the shuffle to work by K/D too, not just player rating. I can't remember if I even have the codebase anymore, but if someone does and sends it through I can see if I can rejig my memory to see where it was put....it would either be commented out or in its own methods just not being called by anything.

We also used to have the !shuffle command at the start of each map, but we received massive backlash for doing so, but maybe now people are ok with this approach...I guess for those who are loyal to a specific team this isn't great, but to keep the games fair it could be good. I think we also used to have the auto shuffle when it got to some sort of ratio. In the end, we left it to the admins to try and ask some people to move first, then using !putteam to move people accordingly instead of shuffling if no one would move and it was a camp fest, but then you would also have a lot of people just spec for ages.

Hopefully for the sake of the server revival, people are just more willing to move teams regardless in an effort to fair things up....there were a few players in the past that just needed a simple ask of them and they would help out, others just have a bit too much fun to want to change. In either case hopefully the server picks up :) I haven't played in years now I think, but it is nice to pop in here and there to lurk the forums and see how the community is doing, ET4lyfe and all that!

Gratz on getting the master list sorted phil, you're the man :)

Cheers

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Trigger long time no see :)
Br should be working on a update for oz clientwhich should fix some bugs hopefully with out creating more :)
I'll send you a link to the code (this one is what is currently on the server) this arvo when i get home from work

Trigger Happy

It's been a while indeed mate :)
Cool, I will try and see if I can remember how this code works and whether or not the stuff we did still exists in there.
It'll be a nice nostalgia ride!

Cheers

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Isn't the rule fix 5 create 10??
Corrective coding of software written in the '60's with tens of thousands of lines of code with NO comments or anything apart from the code and adhoc patches usually meant 'fix 5 create 150' :dead:

But occasionally it was fun to get get inside a long ago previous coders head and ask 'where are you going with this' and follow it. One guy had actually written a comment - "Be wery wery careful" al la Elmer Fudd.

Ahhh the good times...

Last edited:

blusky

Hopefully for the sake of the server revival, people are just more willing to move teams regardless in an effort to fair things up....there were a few players in the past that just needed a simple ask of them and they would help out, others just have a bit too much fun to want to change.
pretty much the only way really
i feel there's simply no remedy for stacking unless good players just switch teams. it's always been the case. I can understand the argument though...why should good players be penalized for being....good?

maybe Zulu just needs to carry the allies more????

im gonna reinstall this weekend :~)

Covert

I very much look forward to blusky playing again. Hopefully Zulu doesn't bully him too much!

Also, Kajah is right! You admins that lurk the forums should get back on the server :yuck: