• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Portal 2

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
For anyone the official trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tax4e4hBBZc

Not to mention the ability for Co-op multiplayer should be interesting new feature.

Coming this holiday. Portal 2 is the sequel to 2007's Game of the Year and draws from the award-winning formula of innovative game play, story, and music that earned the original over 70 industry accolades. Features single and multiplayer co-op modes. The single-player portion of Portal 2 introduces a cast of dynamic new characters, a host of fresh puzzle elements, and a much larger set of devious test chambers. Players will explore never-before-seen areas of the Aperture Science Labs and be reunited with GLaDOS, the occasionally murderous computer companion who guided them through the original game. The game's two-player cooperative mode features its own entirely separate campaign with a unique story, test chambers, and two new player characters. This new mode forces players to reconsider everything they thought they knew about portals. Success will require them to not just act cooperatively, but to think cooperatively.

Frogma

Can't wait for all the portaling other people off ledges and into lasers and stuff. This will be hilarious!

The Admiral

Frogma said:
Can't wait for all the portaling other people off ledges and into lasers and stuff. This will be hilarious!
+1. I can't wait to play it online with randoms and have them rage me.
I'll trick them by getting heaps through seriously, then screw them up at the end!
DIE SUCKER!

Spidonkle

The Admiral said:
Frogma said:
+1. I can't wait to play it online with randoms and have them rage me.
I'll trick them by getting heaps through seriously, then screw them up at the end!
DIE SUCKER!
I may copy your evil sceme, it will be teh lols.
I just want cake, and the companion cube. <3

Gimme those and I'll say it's the best game ever. :p

The Admiral

Synonym said:
The addition of features like the propulsion gel should keep things interesting.
That sounds complicated.

Best thing about Portal was its simplicity. Anyone with half a brain can eventually finish all the levels. Doing the time-trial ones though was a whole other hard. I'll have to see if I have Portal installed still, and see what my scores were for it.

Any idea on price? $20? =D

Synonym

The Admiral said:
That sounds complicated.

Best thing about Portal was its simplicity. Anyone with half a brain can eventually finish all the levels. Doing the time-trial ones though was a whole other hard. I'll have to see if I have Portal installed still, and see what my scores were for it.

Any idea on price? $20? =D
The idea is that they're making it different from the first game. I finished the first game in a couple of hours, so I wouldn't be that excited if Portal 2 was just the same thing. The addition of the gels, more vertical maps, ramps and harder traps should make things a lot more interesting.

Spidonkle

Apparently they haven't really set a date. I heard it's being pushed forward into April. :(
I hope it's before my birthday! >.<

afkr22

They're saying April 21st. Also, I'm assuming everyone's getting it on PS3, regardless of whether or not they have a PS3? Love Gabe's change of heart over the PS3. Having a Portal 2 Steam code bundled with the PS3 version is awesome for selling/gifting the extra copy. PS3/PC cross-functionality is also a nice feature. Part of me wants to sit at EB and wait for someone to buy a 360 copy, so I can just sigh, facepalm and look at them in disgust, all at the same time.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Pre-Ordres at steam are now available, not sure for how long it has been, but it's on a 10% sale off as well currently if you pre-order about $55 I think from memory.

Spidonkle

IMPORTANT

Portal 2 is on special on steam.
Not sure how long for but you can buy it for $44AUD.
PRE-ORDER IT TODAY!
It still seems over priced. :<

Spidonkle

Synonym said:
Quick note: Portal 2 is amazing.

Now back to thinking with Portals.
Since I bought it on steam, I got it on the 19th. :3

It is a very amazing game. <3 I love it.