• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

remove exploit of using christmas pack models etc

Zulu

I noticed this a while ago but forgot to mention it. During Christmas the Christmas pack .pk3 file was put up on the server, which takes precedence to default player models and such. In January I was expecting the server to default the client back to usual player models but that wasn't so. I had to delete the Christmas pk3 from my etmain folder and got the game back to look like default etpub. So here's the thing, as long as ANY pk3s are still on the official download path, they can and will override default IF the client also has a copy. This still fulfils sv_pure 1. If the Christmas pk3 is still there I could easily download it again manually and put into etmain folder and have the Christmas bunny models in game, which is sort of a cheat. Please move all not currently required pk3 from that et client download path to prevent this exploit.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
The christmas pk3's arent on the server so should be default but will have a look tonight sometime at taking them off the web as well

Ulti

I noticed this a while ago but forgot to mention it. During Christmas the Christmas pack .pk3 file was put up on the server, which takes precedence to default player models and such. In January I was expecting the server to default the client back to usual player models but that wasn't so. I had to delete the Christmas pk3 from my etmain folder and got the game back to look like default etpub. So here's the thing, as long as ANY pk3s are still on the official download path, they can and will override default IF the client also has a copy. This still fulfils sv_pure 1. If the Christmas pk3 is still there I could easily download it again manually and put into etmain folder and have the Christmas bunny models in game, which is sort of a cheat. Please move all not currently required pk3 from that et client download path to prevent this exploit.
OH NO the other 7 regulars on the server might exploit it..... come on dude...

TopCAt!

OH NO the other 7 regulars on the server might exploit it..... come on dude...
Make that 6; I couldnt really understand the technical implications resulting from the implied meaning of the word arrangement with regard to the description of whatever it is that is being discussed here.

Zulu

faceplant..everybody thinks they're a comedian. maybe read the dummies guide to being a comedian.