• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

REMOVE MUTE & KICK VOTE OPTIONS FROM NEW SERVER ?

REMOVE THE OPTION FOR PLAYERS TO CALL !MUTE & !KICK VOTES FROM NEW SERVER ?

• Total voters

SkankyMoe

DUNO ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE, BUT IVE FALLEN VICTUM OF RANDOM VOTES, BOTH BEING KICKED AND MUTED.
PERSONALY I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE OPTIONS REMOVED, THERE ARE ENOUGH MODS ON MOST DAYS TO ATTEND TO MUTE AND KICKS NEEDS.

blusky

Umm something someone said in the other thread where if you have 10kXP you can call votes. I think it was gem, - great idea imo.

blusky

Well then I still reckon mute+kick votes are needed. Players just need to not be so retarded and just F1 any vote they see.

SkankyMoe

blusky said:
Players just need to not be so retarded and just F1 any vote they see.
ROFL I DONT SEE THE MENTALITY OF ET PLAYERS CHANGING ANY TIME SOON :lol:

ET PLAYERS ARE WORSE THAN TELEPHONE SALES PEOPLE CALLING FROM INDIA THINKING THEY ARE GOING
TO GET A SALE WHEN CALLING A AUSSIE YOBO AFTER 6PM RATHER THAN BEING ABUSED BY THEM :lol:

Death_Reincarnated

Can't you set it so that each players has one vote per map?

Once again people abuse something and it screws it up for the rest. Seriously grow up and stop abusing vote/kick just becuase you have some issues with another player. These are important tools so that idiots can be either told to STFU or GGF (Go get f***ed).

So many times people cause issues for themself and then stuffs up the game for the rest. I'm sick of seeing voting every 30sec aswell but its a vital tool and people should not abuse it.

........................facepalm

HaPpY

voted yes, most of the time this sh!t is abused
leave it to oz members to deal with issues

Trigger Happy

Wow talk about great minds thinking alike here skank,
I just brought up in the members forum about getting kick and mute taken away if we can't implement some sort of XP based voting option.
So yeah we are looking at this issue and I am really trying to get something happening from the admins to get this problem solved.

Cheers

Joke :D

if ya just give mute+kick voting to teh regulars then it stops pest and noobs from kicking/muting others

gemanix

Lestat said:
10k xp idea wont work ... as Votes are set in the server cfg.
What I recommended was a level up (manual or automatic) if you get to 10,000xp. The level up enables certain vote options. Don't know if that's feasible in etpub.

SkankyMoe

gemanix said:
Lestat said:
What I recommended was a level up (manual or automatic) if you get to 10,000xp. The level up enables certain vote options. Don't know if that's feasible in etpub.
ITS DEFFINETLY FEASIBLE AND DOO-ABLE, WOULD BE A GOOD SOLUTION TO KEEPING THE VOTING OPTIONS AVAILABLE, I GUESS IF ANYONE ABUSED IT, THEY COULD LOOSE IT

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
SkankyMoe said:
gemanix said:
Lestat said:
ITS DEFFINETLY FEASIBLE AND DOO-ABLE, WOULD BE A GOOD SOLUTION TO KEEPING THE VOTING OPTIONS AVAILABLE, I GUESS IF ANYONE ABUSED IT, THEY COULD LOOSE IT
Defiantely a task for MR Lua!! Be very cool i f we could do this.

gemanix

-OZ-Black Racoon said:
SkankyMoe said:
gemanix said:
Lestat said:
you want me to give this a go?

SkankyMoe

gemanix said:
-OZ-Black Racoon said:
SkankyMoe said:
gemanix said:
Lestat said:
you want me to give this a go?
It would be a good mod to the server, how ever LUA isnt working at the moment on the new server platform :-( So we have to get LUA working first before we can move on.

Riff_Raff

This subject like all et dragged out to death subjects never die..omg i didn,t know these things are still talked about

i put in a cmd in the cfg where all have one vote on enything remember?..and the votes were set at "set vote_percent "50""
from memory
so its just the players who vote to where the vote go,s and to make it so just OZ_Clan members can is cool as its there server..But i think its there to use with vote to mute kick ect when you need to if a mod aint about..
Riff :)

gemanix

Riff_Raff said:
This subject like all et dragged out to death subjects never die..omg i didn,t know these things are still talked about

i put in a cmd in the cfg where all have one vote on enything remember?..and the votes were set at "set vote_percent "50""
from memory
so its just the players who vote to where the vote go,s and to make it so just OZ_Clan members can is cool as its there server..But i think its there to use with vote to mute kick ect when you need to if a mod aint about..
i didn,t know you where still alive?? go,s to show you i don,t know enything.
from memory
its deffinatly there server but there doing a great job..But i think some players going to make a mod ect..
Riff-fanboi :)

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Riff_Raff

lol...im old but still in there fraggin..been playing other games..was a bit dissapointed with wolf but its been fun playing et again on and off with the oz boys ect.

seen a few from ogn and ptgn in there as well and i thought the same as you.:)