• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Remove the Bad customs please kind sir

Antagonist

capacuzzo_b2 and radar2 i think there called really honestly need to be replaced, capa cannot even run without a constant bombardment of lag with anything more then 15 players and radar2 is just a waste of space and time.. please please please get rid of them, replace with some normal maps that everyone knows, the customs are fine but there all stupidly tight bottleneck advancements on these absolutely massive maps, doesnt make much sense to me, spend two minutes to finally get to the spot u need to get to then BAM panzered, gotta do it all over again, would love to see something like radar ( original ) or anything thats not a stadium. please help and honestly everytime those 2 maps come up, next map vote comes up... seems everyone feels the same as me :p

blusky

I have to strongly agree here. People just muck around on radars2. The old rotation was far more enjoyable, you could have the same rotation and add a few of the customs, I dont think there was any reason to pretty much change the rotation completely.

People might say that they were 'boring' but if they're simply BETTER maps and you get BETTER gameplay from them - I see no reason to replace them. Half the new maps get SPAMMED by next map votes by numerous players - this never happened in the old rotation well, the nextmap votes wouldn't of passed that's for sure - people enjoyed the previous rotations maps.

The new customs are awful especially when there's <15 players. Also as antag said you can run for like 2 minutes then get killed and have to start all over again, it sucks.

- Bring back the old rotation but add the port + HoG maps
- Remove all the new customs except for port + HoG - Up to the map rotation guys because I think people dislike these maps also and allies usually just get camped on port. IMO they're the best customs out of the new ones.
- Remove beach because it's terrible on OZ and allies rarely get through, don't get me wrong I think it's an awesome map but most players would rather just snipe and thus ruin the map.
- Add the original radar and chuck oasis back in (radar without grass+fog) both excellent maps (oasis somewhat boring)
- Add marakaech streets or whatever it's called - people liked that
- Don't add railgun, battery or fueldump because they're awful on pubs (Battery is good if allies can secure the fwd flag but that happens rarely).
- Baserace is pretty 50/50, some people love it some people hate it

gemanix

radar yes, oasis yes, battery (its a pretty good sniping map)
that market nights is pretty good once you learn the layout.
i hate that one in the desert with the shacks and the plane at the end.
remove beach cause it requires a stronger offense than a pub can muster

Sunncaeks

gemanix said:
remove beach cause it requires a stronger offense than a pub can muster
Truth.

Which is a pity, for it's a good map.
But it's ruined with all the allied snipers.

It's somewhat painful when you've blown the door & wall and you're trying to get the docos, but a good 20 - 50% of your team are still on the beach trying to snipe. :l

Incompetence, I say!

The Admiral

the_port is horrible if axis are better than allies. Capuzzo is likewise terrible. Radar is the same.

I've seen Beach won a few times. But it gets so boring. Too many snipers kills it.

et_mor at night is nice though.

Chuck in a MLB map or two. One with the extending time limit that ensures teams don't get too stacked. Then chuck in Dubrovnik and you're set.

Overmars

ET Moderator
The MLB maps are almost all too big, not sure why people keep suggesting them TBH.

Would Rommel be worth a try?

gemanix

-OZ-Overmars said:
The MLB maps are almost all too big, not sure why people keep suggesting them TBH.

Anything is worth a go, but I recommend maps with an easy objective (two phases) and not too big.
I quite like karsiah_te2. It's quite full on.

G-Train

Missile B3 ftw.

Also Rommel is a good map if the spammers go easy.

I quite like the port and the new desert map, they are refreshing.

Beach is a good map but 1) allies dont know how to attack it properly, 2) Axis dont know how to defend it properly.

MLB maps fail on pub.

Cheers

G

Sunncaeks

G-Train said:
Missile B3 ftw.

Also Rommel is a good map if the spammers go easy.

I quite like the port and the new desert map, they are refreshing.

Beach is a good map but 1) allies dont know how to attack it properly, 2) Axis dont know how to defend it properly.

MLB maps fail on pub.

Cheers

G
I agree with Missile, there's some pretty intense battles on it within the Euro community. And it's a pretty good map, really. People need to give it more of a chance. It was decided to be bad too early.

Not one for port, but the desert one is okay. At times. When Allies isn't completely bogged down near first spawn. But they can get that tank moving pretty quick to the airport.

Agreed with MLB maps on pub servers.

Antagonist

its not that the desert map is bad, its just the intense lag everyone experiences. IMO smooth gameplay > koolish map, if you could get rid of the lag it would be fun, and like it said in my original post radar2 is just super bad walking ages just to die is boring, intense fights > intense walks.

+ 1 Original Radar. and maybe some of the old maps from internode custom map server if you guys remember it, those maps weren't to big and we pretty fun.

gemanix

-OZ-pancakefan said:
... but the desert one is okay. At times. When Allies isn't completely bogged down near first spawn. But they can get that tank moving pretty quick to the airport.
that desert one fails. i think what could save it is by moving the allies 1st spawn further around the hill. i could move spawn points around with etpro... it is possible to patch maps in this way with etpub?

Antagonist

that retarded airport and radar and more or less the rest of them are still there. plz fix with decent maps... not these server ruiners

Lestat

-OZ-Overmars said:

MLB maps for the secret rooms and skywalking ftw :p

Overmars

ET Moderator
For Sky walking we could put in River Redux maybe? Fails with a small number of people though from memory.

SiiK.AiM+

IMO all the maps atm are good on a full server. But if there are less the about 15 people the maps start to get boring and not enough action. SupplyDepot FTW!! :p

Death_Reincarnated

My kinda rotation...

1) Siwa Oasis
2) Frostbite
3) ET_Beach
4)<custom trial map>
5) Gold Rush
6) Adlrenest
7) TC_Base OR ET_Depot
8) <custom trial map>

What we have here is basically one rotation but a double; (Original->Good Custom->RtCW Classic->Trial map)x2

With time you may change maps 2) and 6) with other good custom maps and you can always trial custom maps (4 and 8)

ATM I find the gameplay on 'Capuzzo Airport beta1' quite ok but its a lengthy map while 'Radars for ETPUB beta1' is fun but WAAAAY too big lol (axis and allies Sk in the house was lols....aspecially Cit!zen and mysself trying to kill each other on the roof lol). IMO both should be removed though.
Here are some maps for trial: Axis Lab final, Industry 2 final, Stalingrad final, Subway final

NOW FOR ANYONE DISSIN ET_BEACH......omfd-wtf-u-bobbla-spunge-bob-noob-pants! I've played this map back in RtCW days with 32v32 and it was HECKTIC!
Problem why people hate it is cos Allies CBF while Axis don't know squat all how to defend it. You want GGs on this map then Axis protect the bunker and once Allies get it then PROTECT THE ROOM WITH DOCS and upper floors.

Time and time again i see ppl QQ because they don't know the objective so maps are crap....geeez..learn to do some team work and play the map like it should be and youll get GGs!

/sighhhh+facepalm