• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Rift - Coming Soon

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Catching up on the fastest growing MMO's research, I found a game called Rift by Trion Worlds. Apparently it has the potential to surpase (or become the new), WOW. At first when viewing trailers/ Developer diaries, I thought this is another terrible attempt at a remake of wow. The quests, interface, the menus and even boasted controls are the same, but with improved graphics.

However looking into at greater detail I found the following which put it into the green for me.

- Wider selection of builds, more optoins allowing for more possibilities for equivelant of talent trees in wow.
- PVP will provide experience, so you don't just have to sit and farm mobs and do quests, I think it's a good way to encourage PVP at lower levelled players.
- Potions and portal can instantly transport you places (I think for all classes). I like this in comparison to the standard way of transport of taking sometimes 20-25 minutes to get from one side of an continent to the next in WoW.
- Also believe it will be having Australian Servers

Although I'm against Subscription, it is more reasonable then Wow with coming in at $10 a month in comparison to the current $22 a month for WoW. I'm looking forward to a new community of people, which haven't mastered the game for a 6 year old game. It has more hype then any other MMO that has previously been suggested to challenge Wow, so this will be interesting. That aside currenlty around the place it's like a war between the two games currently. So it will be interesting to see if Rift will pull through on this or if Wow can hold on.

After all apparently it's been community labelled Wow 2.0. http://au.riftgame.com/en/

Best Regards, BR

Synonym

Also, to correct your monthly billing statement. You only get the $9.99/month fee if you get a founding subscription (By subscribing before 15/03/11) and only if you pay for 6 months. The regular monthly fee is $14.99/month.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Synonym said:
Also, to correct your monthly billing statement. You only get the $9.99/month fee if you get a founding subscription (By subscribing before 15/03/11) and only if you pay for 6 months. The regular monthly fee is $14.99/month.
Have you played Wow before? If so, would you say it is better or worse and for which reasons? Or do you not like it as you may not be an avid fan for MMO?

Synonym

I'm not a very big fan of MMO games in general. That's why I got chosen as a beta, because they want a spectrum of reviews.

bloodnut

ET Moderator
Instantaneous transportation and aussie servers sounds good, but you gain xp in WoW in battlegrounds in various ways depending on the type of bg (though in some of them it's not a great deal). Personally, I think WoW have now made it far too easy to level up, and getting in on a game on start-up sounds good too. Ta for the info BR. :)

Spidonkle

My boyfriend and I have played WoW for quite a bit.
Him and his brother (another WoW player) are playing Beta soon(ish) I think.
Do you want me to get beta and investigate this game with peoples? :p

Spidonkle

Aww damn.
Well, I stole his sisters account.
It's a pretty game, the 5 minutes I played of it.

She likes it better than WoW, Adam and Ben aren't fussed.
Overall it looks to be a promising game.