• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Setting up ET for your MAC Tut

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Fairly easy these are the steps!

1. Download the 2.60d Enemy Territory file - http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/32688
2. To install it open the dmg file and drag the Wolfenstein folder into your applications folder.
3. Make a file called autoexec.cfg, and place it in ~/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/etmain.
4. Change the contents of the file to have - as follows:

seta r_colorbits "32"
set r_allowExtensions 0

This is the reason for the black screen in Lion and 10.6 OSX

5. Get an etkey from etkey.org and place it in this directory ~/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/etmain
6. Download the oz mod pk3 and place it here - ~/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/etpub

(If the above directories don't exist yet create them)

If you do this as written here your ET will work 100% and you will be able to connect to the OZ server. It may look long but it only takes a few minutes to set up!

KITTENS

i dont get steps 3 and 4?? and 6??

where is library and application support?

ok i tried all this.. but it still isnt working...

well i think i did do it correct?

dw i got it :)

Ahh ffs i did it again... I changed my resolution to "fastest" and it went black again how do i fix it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
The Black screen, then repeat step 4 to fix it. It's that r_colorbits "32" has to best in ur config and the r_allowExtensions 0. IF you change your video settings or put a different value in one of your configs of those two, then it will just do the black screen issue again.

By the way some of the steps may be easier if your using terminal to access the files and folders.

InstxnctAU

If you are using Lion you have to type r_allowExtensions 0 but if you are on 10.6 you don't do r_allowExtensions 0 otherwise your game will crash on launch.