• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Sh1rts' application for ET [APPROVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh1rts

Introduce yourself, what are you in game names?

Hi. My name is Sh1rts, I'm a monkey and I play Wolf ET under the name Sh1rts, was previously SilverSh1rts, prior to that it was Sh1rts. Yo dawg..

Help us get to know you. In this section feel free to tell us about your occupation, hobbies, favourite books/games/movies/artists, celebrity crush etc.

I'm a 40-year-old .NET solution architect. I ride a big fast motorbike and have loved big fast motorbikes forever. My heroes were Mick Doohan, Kev Schwantz and Wayne Rainey. I like all kinds of music, IMO there's only 2 kinds of record - good ones and bad ones. My fave band of all time is Pink Floyd :) I used to DJ in bars. My favourite movies include Blade Runner, Mr Nobody, The Shawshank Redemption. I work out a lot (at least 5 times a week) including weights, boxing, running and crossfit. I live with my lovely gf. I have an 8-year-old daughter from a prior relationsherpderp. She knows 10,000% more about computers than I did when I was 8.

Fave celebrity crush, hmmmm.. does Chun-Li count ?

What would you say are your favourite games, platforms? When did you start gaming? (On any platform)?

I've loved video games since Dad got me and me bro an Atari VCS when I was 7; later moved onto the C64 and then an Amiga. Favourite games - Nintendo64 - Mario Kart, Zelda, Goldeneye; SNES - Street Fighter 2; C64 - Paradroid, DropZone, Wizball; Atari VCS - Space Invaders, Superman; PC - Dune 2, the original Half Life online, Half Life 2, Skyrim, RTCW & Enemy Territory of course ! I loved Defender, Tempest, Space Harrier and Bubble Bobble in the arcades (we lived near an arcade when I was a kid, was awesome).

How long have you played ET ?

10 years, and RTCW before that..

What do you think you can offer -OZ- as a clan and community member and Why do you want to join -OZ-?

My fave drink is Gentleman Jack, with a beer chaser. I mostly play ET drunk or on the way there :) I believe this is reason enough for Oz to accept me into their warm friendly bosom, as I degrade over the course of an evening from half-decent into frag fodder. I believe this adds a comedy element to the proceedings. I bought a new mousemat and have has more success with lower sensitivity settings lately though, so watch out. When I'm sober.

I want to join Oz coz my clan - Silvers - got canned. I never really felt part of it anyway as they were in NZ and it seems lots of people didn't like them, for whatever reasons. Didntfeelgoodman.jpg. Oz seem to have lots of players I can actually talk to and enjoy playing with/against.

Do you own a microphone?
Yes

<3
Sh1rts

Baker Street

ET Moderator
F1 - he was one of the Silvers that would actually revive team-mates. Plus we need more ppl in our drunken ET OZ members club !

Last edited by a moderator:

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
F1 from me. He has been nice enough to put up with my abuse in derpbox, so he is a keeper imho.

Also, his job sounds very similar to mine. Come derpbox and we can get our nerd on sh1rty!

Bogan

drunken oz members nah mate not here we are all fine upstanding members of the community, i for one would never let alcohol touch my lips

matilda

DerpLyfe
Can we move this application to the OZ members' section so that we can discuss it away from Joker's prying eyes?

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
How about just discuss it in a thread in members? Apps are for the apps section, if i move it, the applicant cant see it.

Sh1rts

Meh nah Crossfit's awesome, it's waaay intense shit, like cramming a 5 hour run into 45 minutes. I love it.

Stats ? Wot like, wins losses KO's ? :D

Sh1rts

Ahhhh rite. Not huge amounts since my massive motorbike crash a few years ago. I can bench my own weight; I weigh 95kg. Used to be able to do more but in that crash I broke my right humerus and clavicle. I'm actually a bit scared of ever damaging it again and it *does* hurt when I get to around 90kg. Pic is of me when I was bigger and definitely stronger.

More focused on fitness now.

I'm not a serious boxer either, I just do it cos it's a good hard workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.