• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

SK 'discussion'

Messenjah

Continue it here..

Its a valid argument and no feelings were being hurt.

Death, you encourage people to panzar and give tips - yet are against sk?
Seems abit odd.

Most people view getting panzared in any place on the map worse than getting sked by smg

And you're always trying to talk up the skill it takes to panzar.. why do you? We all know it takes nothing.

:flamer:

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Play GA spawn timers and sk rules. Much better.
Well we are a faster paced server in regards to the spawn timers and for some maps e.g. goldrush it is impossible for allies unless the map times were defaulted hwoever on other maps it doesn' tmatter so much, most people quite like the fsat spawn time.

paralysis

i dont mind teh spawn times on oz. The only thing i would suggest is having the axis spawn longer than allies, i know on certain maps the allies have to wait longer.

Trigger Happy

It's cool to have a discussion here :) I was just getting annoyed since it was cluttering up the other thread instead of giving help like he wanted.

Cheers

nelots

-OZ-Trigger Happy said:
It's cool to have a discussion here :) I was just getting annoyed since it was cluttering up the other thread instead of giving help like he wanted.
Cheers
The Fun police strikes again :lol:

@mess - it takes nothing to get 1frag per minute with panzer but it takes skill to achieve 3frags+ per minute.
In general panzerwho.res with 1-30frags per map = noob, 30-80frags = avg, 80+frags = whose your daddy!!!

Death_Reincarnated

The conversation was never about why I am against SK; paralysis suggested that noobs will get better when they SK alot; I was opposing that idea. Here is the reason why:

Telling a noob to go and SK will get him killed preety much instantly and it will not help him get better. Tell him HOW to SK and he will understand about positioning/timing etc but this method is not the only method which noobs can learn from. SK itself (IMO) will not help noobs get better; its what you DO during SK that will get you better but all of these things that are assocaited with good SK can be done outside spawns (i.e not SK). Its the same if you say to them use smg to get better...tell them how to use it, what are the pro/cons and they will have a better understanding and will better/quicker.
This is why I disagreed with telling noobs to simply go and SK. I know SK is a vital tactic in pro games and it puts pressure on the enemy but in public servers it has a slightly different meaning.

I personally don't like to SK on a public server because I know its a cheap way of getting mass frags and thats why good players tend to do it. Some for theit egoistic benefits and others to practise. I have nothing to be proud off when i rack up mass fraggs with SK on a public server that has average-noob players all over it. Why do you think good players rage when they get panzered one-on-one? Oh its a cheap noob panzer...and yet they SK gallore to rack up cheap frags. PFFFFFFF

It takes a lot of skill to be good at panzer. Nelots panzer frag range is quite true but abit to streched.
(FPM=Frags per match)
Panzernoob: 1-20 FPM
Panzermagnet: 21-40 FPM
Panzerveteran:41-70 FPM
Panzerpro: 71+ FPM

This is on a public server with 12v12. In all honestly I average 50-60 and I am proud of this achievement because I want to master this weapon. I enjoy Panzer you enjoy SMG. Both require skill if you want to be great at it so anyone dissing people who use panzer are ignorant. Yes I agree that noobs are annoying with their panzer TK and such but I started out on the same boat as them. The only reason why I have progresed far enough is because i found potential in that weapon that can become "WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION" if you know what I mean, and wanted to cause as much damage to the enemy as possible.

I also enjoy getting some unbeleivable 1-in-a-million shots. THIS REQUIRES ALOT OF SKILL you cannot deny it when you see some of those time-perfected shots...or even lucky ones.

As for the pace of the server...its average but good. You want a fast paced server with 32vs32 then go to BBA. That place has pace and player numbers. That is one of my favourite servers; ping of around 200-250 but man its active with no SK rules and people who try and work together...even the NOOBS!

I'm happy to continue this conversation but I think some of you have misunderstood me and what I was getting at.

paralysis

the idea is that by sking noobs will get better at it by learning from mistakes, making sure of their kills etc etc. If you are getting owned at anything, take a step back, ask yourself why your getting owned and work on what your doing wrong.

I gave a very brief paragraph or two on how to sk but im not going to write out essays upon essays like you do death, about how to sk, mainly because your always better when you learn from your own experience. As you practice anything your going to get better at it, if you sk alot youll get better at it, if your getting better at sking then your obviously getting better at shooting and getting to their spawn (which also requires a decent knowledge of the map, good hiding spots etc)

kabal

wasn't the idea on OZ for ppl to have fun and not be camped ? hence the no SK rule? UO server also has a No SK rule as well.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its relatively simple - this server has no SK.

Play by the rules, enjoy yourselves. If you want to sk, theres lots of other servers around still.

Sounds nasty but it is 100% black and white isnt it really?

kabal

yet enforcement of this rule (two tank lengths) is wtf? omg? and OZ member's are breaking this rule.

Joke :D

personally i think the spawnshield should be at 8 seconds, and it stays for the whole 8 seconds even if you shoot, but if so SK rule should be ABOLISHED. You've got 8 seconds to gtfo spawn and find cover, find where people shooting at you are and deal with it.

but if SK rule stays its good as is IMO

kabal

i am probably the only one that really enforces it .. i see other's saying "one more and i will !warn" ect...

Death_Reincarnated

@paralysis
I understand where youre coming from but I think you are saying this in the wrong context and for the wrong audience. This is a public server and we are meant to give tips/help/advice to noobs to become better. SK is not tolerated here nor will it help if youre suggesting to learn from trial and error. Any tips I have given are all trial and error but being more specific is the key. SK is just to broad of a statement IMO to produce positive feedback. I dont know just my opinion.

Trigger Happy

@Horus, they know the rules are no sk, but it is still ok to talk about sk as a tactic as they are here. It is a pretty big thing in scrims too so the scrim team could learn a few tips here (not like they don't know but you never know right?).

Cheers

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hear ya trig, just was reading the thread and maybe misread it as a potential push for sk to be encouraged (not by anyone specific!!), just wanted topoint out sk is a no no on this server, unlike the others we have played on :D

nelots

-OZ-Akh-Horus said:
I hear ya trig, just was reading the thread and maybe misread it as a potential push for sk to be encouraged (not by anyone specific!!), just wanted topoint out sk is a no no on this server, unlike the others we have played on :D
Thats our ulterior motive but we work in phases so stay tuned for more ramblings about nothing :D

It'll be like BAM!!! We'll ShamWoW you with a tirade of sk goodness that you'll never be able to refuse! ring now and pay by credit card and you'll receive a complementary set of his and hers snuggie!

Death_Reincarnated

nelots said:
-OZ-Akh-Horus said:
Thats our ulterior motive but we work in phases so stay tuned for more ramblings about nothing :D

It'll be like BAM!!! We'll ShamWoW you with a tirade of sk goodness that you'll never be able to refuse! ring now and pay by credit card and you'll receive a complementary set of his and hers snuggie!
Please not another one of those informercials about the magical ACNE cure or the magical pimple coverup. BAM and its gone...yes its gone cos its friggin covered UP!

You can bring the container empty and we will refund your bullets back...no questions about SK asked.

At least with this SK issue were not beating around the bush...well around the spawn but its more realistic than this anti-acne crap or other informercial crap they try and sell at 1am...i sooo need to start going to sleep earlier...

Messenjah

Death I was hopeing we could make the discussion a little more broader.

Not specifically whether to tell (teach?) 'noobs' to sk or not.