• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

SK 'discussion'

G-Train

^^Well explained post.

Pfft, Static would just follow max around and pick off the leftovers :lol:

Death_Reincarnated

Antagonist said:
WOW interesting read, id like to add my 2 cents :p

1st of all, static back when he was playing for Y*Y was an absolute nightmare with the panzer and imo the best panzer ive seen on Australian et throughout my years.
2nd. death i feel for you, you a trying your hardest to justify the panzer as being good and in pubs with lvl 4 HW its quite useful, but matches against a good clan is a whole new story and PLZ trust me on this!
good clans do not run in singles (and if they do hes usually a backrager to detere the advance)
having played against you on quite a few occasions and knowing your capabilities im sorry to say its funny you think your in the same league as those guys, i had a good chuckle, you say u can panzer frag the same as them, wat makes them special is they have the ability to sneak through and set up the ambush and the random 5 man panzer costing 30 seconds of good attacking or defence and no offense but on the competitive level you dont have the tactical ability to be able to pull it off, which is only due to match inexperience. as blusky or G said (cbf looking for it) a good panzer are the versatile ones SO TRUE, a panzer is usually called in for 1 event in an attack or defense usually a room or corridor clearance or to compliment a perfect spawn camp. take goldrush for example double airstrikes on both entrances and a floating panzer on the bridge waiting for the stragglers, thats effective use of a panzer.
facts are SMG no matter how much u hate it is the dominant force in this game, its fast, accurate and the only down time u have is when your reloading, if you fire that panzer and miss, then its all over for you.
alot of teams like to run a panzer to compliment there defense, but against 6 high quality smgrs you will quickly and unexpectedly be blitzed and hard :S
and besides the same effect can be done with a good rifle nader + he can diffuse,plant etc and becomes useful for the team.

oo one last thing.. good teams have every angle covered in there crossfire, so more or less you can be the 1st in, get mowed the fluck down and maybe get 1 or 2 ppl if your lucky, or sit at the back trying to create an opportunity for your team while the rest of em get smashed because there doing it 5 v 6 :S
Hey I agree with what you are saying here:

1) There is a big difference with using panzer in a match and in public but what I was getting at from the start is that its a deadly weapon in the hands of a few and in situations which call for it. SMG is mainstream but you cant just rule out other weapons from the equation, which is what blusky and co were saying (i.e. panzer is useless). We do however have to distinguish between using panzer in public servers and matches...its a totally different scenario.

2)I never implied i'm in the same league as these guys. I was saying that seeing the video footage of their work I have, on many occasions, done similar shots to these guys and it takes alot more than just point and click...which is what i was getting at as well. Only difference is they do it in matches and I in public. There is more pressure to making the shot in matches than in pub plays and I agree that from this I'm not in the same league as them.

3) The entire debate was based on that blusky and co refer to panzer as being useless...this is what i was debating the whole time. Every weapon has the potential to be deadly in the hands of someone and it does depend on the situation but in each situation the effectiveness of panzer will depend on the experience of the player...tic-for-tac if you think about it. I totally agree smg, being the mainstream weapon, is deadly on so many more situations than say panzer but dont rule out panzer as useless, which is what was said by others. Its only as useless as the person using it...which come to think about it people are evn useless with smg.

@blusky Ohh i do have a good idea of what i'm saying and if i didnt I wouldnt bother continuing this conversation for sooooo bloody long. At least I made the time to agree/disagree with things you said where as you, you just dismissed anything i said and even called me dumb/stupid/imbicile...where is the debate in such instance???

Guys i bloody agree that smg is overall the main weapon of choice and deadly on many levels but what you forget is other weapons can also be as deadly although there are variables which stand in the way of them being used as often as smg for its effectivenes. Mainly players skill and situation.

Hopefully when I get good internet i'll come on and frag some of yous with my noobtube (aka B2B ---> M@ilda knows what this means) :p Hopefully I havent lost my touch hehehe. :)

blusky

Death_Reincarnated said:
which is what blusky and co were saying (i.e. panzer is useless).
Death_Reincarnated said:
The entire debate was based on that blusky and co refer to panzer as being useless...this is what i was debating the whole time.
I never said panzer was useless, what are you talking about...? Are you saying your whole argument was based on something that was never said?

Death_Reincarnated said:
@blusky Ohh i do have a good idea of what i'm saying and if i didnt I wouldnt bother continuing this conversation for sooooo bloody long. At least I made the time to agree/disagree with things you said where as you, you just dismissed anything i said and even called me dumb/stupid/imbicile...where is the debate in such instance???
You have a very boxed in view - playing panzer on OZ doesn't give you a massive insight to how ET and the dynamics of the game work. Throughout the debate/thread I have been analyzing your posts paragraph by paragraph with simple 1-2 line logical rebuttals.

I apologize for calling you an imbecile but when you just keep repeating yourself in long essays while people are pointing out that some of your views are simply wrong with logical accurate counter arguments - it's frustrating. Especially how you seem to not accept any of it. Plus you don't attempt to argue against most of the points you just write BASICALLY the same stuff just differently worded - which has nothing to do with points I made.

Hopefully when I get good internet i'll come on and frag some of yous with my noobtube (aka B2B ---> M@ilda knows what this means) :p Hopefully I havent lost my touch hehehe. :)
I look forward to owning you :).

Death_Reincarnated

blusky said:
I never said panzer was useless, what are you talking about...? Are you saying your whole argument was based on something that was never said?
VVV Quote from OP VVV

Messenjah said:
Continue it here..
And you're always trying to talk up the skill it takes to panzar.. why do you? We all know it takes nothing.
:flamer:
Do I need to say more??? Yes its mess's quote but considering were debating this and you, mess, para, and even others seem to agree that I'm wrong regarding the same thing ive been trying to say throughout (panzer requires skill to be effective and it takes practise to achieve that), then tell me what are we debating???

Reason why i repeat myself is because perhaps either you dont understand what im trying to say, you just dont believe some elses oppion (while different to yours) might be valid OR this debate skewed of the rail tracks and were just pointing out irregularities in our posts while this keeps rolling...I dont know, you tell me. I've been trying to say that panzer requires skill to be used effectively and its not a useless weapon...this is what i am debating ALL THE TIME.

It is kind of funny that messenjah started of this thread and yet we are debating issues without much input from others...perhaps we have confused alot of points and taken things out of context...looking through your replies I do see that you agree that panzer require skill to be effective and so forth, I have agreed with you on other terms as well but considering were just keep re-quoting the freshest replie I would say weve lost the plot lol.

Anyways I hope this gave other some entertainment value and sorry for the long essays...i like being precise and stating my points with lots of detail...others think i'm a troll or just talk garbage....but meeeeh its teir problem.

GG.

D_R
:)

P.S. Ohhh dont worry i'll bring in on and i'll make sure to frag you the most ;) heheheh :) should be some GGs

Messenjah

Haha death you caught on!

Just wanted a rise out of you, didnt really think it'd last this long =\
I'm a dirty dirty thread starter.

But you vs blusky quote wars was quiet a fun read ;)

Death_Reincarnated

Messenjah said:
Haha death you caught on!

Just wanted a rise out of you, didnt really think it'd last this long =\
I'm a dirty dirty thread starter.

But you vs blusky quote wars was quiet a fun read ;)
Hey its only a debate :) and honetsly i dont take debates to heart because in the end its just personal opinion vs personal opinion...sure emotiuons may flow and come out but if I would have taken this seriously then I would prolly write 'STFU u noobcake, you know bobbla-squat all' but what would be the point.

I'm glad blusky and I gave yous some entertainment. This forum somehow aint active as much IMO.

;) GGs

psydkick

panzas are fun.
i dont use em much at all... but when i do... the sound of it gearing up to fire and then a big explosion etc... i mean... just fun. kinda what a game is about, right? i personally think there is more skill in effecetively using an msg, and its a skill ive by no means yet aqquired. thats why i use the panza sparingly.
PLUR!

Antagonist

TBH, i started the game being the bum chum medic of my mate ( who was stupidly good ) id just follow him around to learn the ropes, he was always medic smg so thats wat i leaned to get good at.
its all about practice and after you get rolled thinking to yourself, what went wrong there?, how did i die? and work on improving it :>

CHRONIC

Antagonist said:
TBH, i started the game being the bum chum medic of my mate ( who was stupidly good ) id just follow him around to learn the ropes, he was always medic smg so thats wat i leaned to get good at.
its all about practice and after you get rolled thinking to yourself, what went wrong there?, how did i die? and work on improving it :>
Spoken like a true e-professional.

G-Train

Yep, exacly the same with me, i was flattin with DFENZ who was founder of AoS in S2-3, he got me into it and i just followed him around bein his bish. I got in the way a fair bit to start with, but quickly learned the ropes.

psydkick

my two cents on sk
usually i find that if im being owned in a spwan its cause im playing peeps that r so much better and just get bored of waiting for me to run out and get killed. so thy just hang out close by so they dont have to wait so long to kill. it fully gets me down sometimes but i try to look at it as some kind of futile paractice