• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

State of Origin: One B4 XMAS BREAK!

Death_Reincarnated

Teams: NSW+VIC/QLD+WA vs. NZ (If NZ can muster up ~10 players, of not then its still the previous format)

When:7pm (AEST) (9pm NZ time) Friday 4th December

Server:144.140.154.25:31000

Maps (best of 7): ET_Beach, Adlernest, Gold Rush, Supply Depot 2, Siwa Oasis, Frostbite, ET_Depot

Ventrilo Details: V64.DARKSTARLLC.COM:4343

Team NSW+VIC
Death_Reincarnated, -OZ-Hicksy, -OZ- Blusky, Messenjah, -OZ-Keith, Happy, yourself, casius, (FKQ)Thompson

Team QLD+WA
-OZ-pankacefan, -OZ- Black Racoon, FUZZI-Bloodnut, -OZ-SkanykyMoe, Dr.Dre, Sephoxan, G-Train

NZ
MikeHock, ILOVEDAD, -OZ-Ryan

Sunncaeks

It's already been the 4th AND 11th of November already.

Do you mean December? O___o;; ---> EDIT by D_R: Date Fixed thnx :)

I'm also willing to play for QLD(/WA) if able, I was born there afterall and have some reletives living there, too. :3

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Death_Reincarnated said:
@BR can you please give me some mod status for this so I can edit OP and stuff...Cheers.
All good, full perms for the State of Origin section given :). Have fun. Also I sign up for the QLD SIDE!

P.S you can edit your topics too instead of having to make new ones in this section XD

blusky

I'll play for VIC, should be able to play both days - i'll let you know closer to the set date.

Messenjah

ET_Depot seems like a bit of a selfish choice? Since no one here really plays that map.. :/

I'll play for NSW if I'm around

Death_Reincarnated

@messenjah 6 of the 7 maps put together are the most popular maps played on OZ. The reason why I chosed ET_Depot is because its a dual objective map, its not too big and only 1 out of the 7 maps of my personal choice; I don't see how that is selfish at all. It is a great dual objective map from RtCW times and long forgotten, the only thing I hope is that it will be 12v12 since this map is best played with lots of players cos of the dual objective. I don't see a problem with changing this map but soo far Warbell has had mixed reviews and other dual objectives are large maps.

@Gutz No change on the date and time. We failed to organise a time swiftly before and it took forever....time, date, maps all set for the convenience of knowing whats on offer rather than waiting for everyones opinion and then making a decision. Ive taken into account alot of things from previous attemps and best way to get thing happening with the short time is to set something out already.

AS for ET_Depot chuck it in the rotation and watch the ggs happen. Great mid-size dual objective map with easy pathways and easy objective. One of tha laps played maps before RtCW died of ET...it was played on a 32v32 server. :)

blusky

Death don't get me wrong I think that depot is a fantastic map - it was my favorite when playing RTCW.

However, if one team turtles their objective the other team can't really beat them. It will go on for ages.

Death_Reincarnated

@Blusky exactly why its the 7th map. If its 3 wins per side then this seventh map will be an epic length map to decide the winning side. I beleive that the last map should be a dual objective map but hey if everyone wants something else then speak up. In the mean time we shoudl trial ET_Depot in the rotation its a kick-azz map :)

@Antagonist Return to Castle Wolfenstein (RtCW) had a multiplayer component and was the predecessor for RtCW:ET. Alot of the gameplay of ET (the game we play now) is based on RtCW (multiplayer).

I would like to see more people responding to wether they can play on either of these two dates and I need someones help with booking a server please.

blusky

I know what you mean, I remember epic 32vs32 depot matches. Although epic can quickly turn to boring/impossible! Give it a test though I reckon, should be good.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Hey Death just set up a subdomain for you. http://origin.etozclan.com

Enjoy, Good Luck really hope it pulls through. You can use that link to direct people now will be much faster for you and others that are checking up on this :)

Cheers, BR

Messenjah

Depot was great in RTCW, I agree there.

Although I'm yet to play a great game of it in ET.. and its been years :/

nelots

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think GA will have shit maps like ET_Depot.

Anyway good luck with this....... Last time something like this was organized, only a hand full of people attended and that's why you people can't have nice things :)