• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Tutorial - setting up ET

helSo.

dont know where to put it

Windows - Installing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Tutorial by Phillgates2

This is an easy step by step tutorial on how to install ET to your Windows machine.
If you have already installed the game but no patches,*skip to step 3.
If you have already installed the 2.60 patch but not 2.60b, skip to step 4.

Step 1.* First things first, you will need to download the game off the internet. A Google search for "Wolfenstien Enemy Territory" returns many results including multiple ET resource pages but Softpedia is the site we chose to use for this tutorial. The download page for W:ET on Softpedia is http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware ... GAME.shtml
Once at the page below, click the download button and follow the instructions on the site to download the install file. The file is approximately 250MB so go have a coffee now.

Step 2. Once you have downloaded the game, install it by opening the downloaded file (WolfET.exe) and follow the prompts.

Set the destination directory to whatever you like (provided the drive exists), by default the game will install to "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory"(32bit operating systems) C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory (64bit operating systems). When this is correctly set, click Next.

Next it will ask you what W:ET Start Menu folder name leave as is, and click Next.

Remember if you made any changes to the default install configuration (ie. the destination path), remember them for later. Press next to start the installation.

Step 3. Now*we have to install the 2.60 patch. The patch can be downloaded from http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefr ... dows;39483

Once you have downloaded the patch, run the .exe file.*It will bring up an*install program.*Follow the prompts making sure to select the correct destination directory (for those of you who changed it).

When you get to the point where it says "You should not cancel the patch process"*etc just click*OK and allow the patch to complete it's installation.

Step 4.* Now you have installed the 2.60 patch, we move on to the installation of of the 2.60b patch.*The 2.60b patch isn't as easy to find as the 2.60 patch so we have provided you with a link specifically for this patch. The file can be found at http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefr ... in32;62012

Once downloaded, open the zip file called ET-2.60b-win32 (unless you changed it's name)

Double click on the Enemy Territory 2.60b folder;

Then double click on the win32 folder;

Select the two files in the folder (ET.exe and ETDED.exe), right click and copy (Ctrl-C)*them (if you cant copy them then extract them into your W:ET game*folder).

Open your Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory folder and paste the files*there overwriting the old versions of the game executables.

If running Windows vista and above proceed on to Step 5. if not proceed to Step 6.

Step 5. Now that you have installed the game you will have to set it to run as administrator.
First right click the Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory short cut on the desktop and go to properties which it down the bottom of the menu

Next go to compatibility which is next to shortcut

Then click run this program as administrator then click apply and ok

Step 6. Once the game is installed and both patches have been applied, you can now connect to our server*(You will need to download ETpub and various map files from the server).*The server address is 173.199.80.128:27960

Last edited by a moderator:

i0nwr1t3r

Re: tutorial for et install long way

Could a forum mod please sticky this thread?

It has win written all over it!

helSo.

:D this is what i did when i was in <UO> as a ref the part about compatibility had to add due to win vista and above were not around when i did it :banana:
phill
ps i have a few more tutorials to come when i find them

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member

phillgates2 said:
:D this is what i did when i was in <UO> as a ref the part about compatibility had to add due to win vista and above were not around when i did it :banana:
phill
ps i have a few more tutorials to come when i find them
Excellent work Phil! Be sure to sticky them too!!!., Mabye stick them in teh ET help section or something too.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
lol that was me but the forum did not copy over properly i think so it made most of my posts like that from when we were on phpbb