• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

!warn me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paralysis

What's going on. I stop playing for 4 weeks, come back and blacks on me saying 1 slip up and your gone like i've been hacking or something.

Thats not the problem, I'm not the problem, I've been trying not to sk, not to avoid swear filter, no to ark up random whiteys (midas)

So whats my problem. The servers horrible but its where i choose to play so i dont complain about that (good choice of maps too btw) the admins have been ok while iv been on nothing to crazy been reasonable (except bh, but you are the king of the castle, might be a sand castle if you keep it up but).

that didnt explain it so this will: I've been trying to play within the rules, i think that should be seen and duely noted by the refs/admins on at the time, if i happen to shoot at a door way of a spawn ONCE in the whole map its not worth a kick, i think i should be at most warned, at least told hey para back off dude. But BH comes on, angry from his day at work (and possibly his neg kd) and bang kicks me for shooting into the doorway of goldrush (and might i say, if the teams are that uneven that i can get that far to their spawn, either a) shuffle or B) tell the allies to use the other spawn)

In summing up because i have had a little to much to drink and it may not be put together very well.

1. BH stop being nasty about life. Play et to enjoy yourself to make everyone elses expeirence crap
2. if someone is making an effort to obey the rules then dont kick them for mucking up once
3. Its a dying game, you can tell when people like eggz become regulars on oz. Its one of the only servers left so admins (and mainly blackhawk) stop being a twat about things.

and also. Bh is like a ref that has never played the game hes reffing. He knows the rules back to front, and how to enforce them, but he doesnt know how the game in its true beauty is and should be played. For the tings not the !kicks.

Blackhawk

Here we go again lets hate BH. Tell some truth for once in your life dude. I pm'd you before the situation telling you to stop sk, tk and random comments about how bad OZ and the server is. As you chose to ignore all this and continue to SK I kicked you. Your past history of abuse and generally being a troublesome person on the server dictates how we react to you. You think by having 4 weeks away resolves you of all your past indescretions I dont think so. Just get over it mate and behave and play within our rules. NOTE: Hiding on the corner of CP and shooting into the spawn exit on the goldrush map constitutes spawn killing and that is what you where punished for.

Cheerz Mick.

blusky

Pretty much agree with everything you said paralalalysiasies.

I got kicked today by him for basically 'talking' to him and calling him out on his logic. It wasn't abuse at all - if you interpreted it wrong why didn't I get muted or warned? Even then you'd think a grown man would be able to simply respond to my comments instead of acting irrationally with typical bad responses and kicking me. Learn to control your emotions. Also, it's incredibly frustrating when everyone is playing and enjoying themselves only to have this fun play disrupted by Blackhawk - enforcing the rules when NO ONE is complaining and to make it worse he does it when he's a spectator. Calling myself and other decent players hackers is getting very old and irritating especially when I pretty much can't say anything to defend myself because i'll get muted but most likely kicked because of your irrationality. As Para said, Play more and whinge less - You might gain some ET knowledge and skill then.

Blackhawk - I'll say it again. It's not because you're a good admin who is helping out the server and getting rid of 'trouble makers' that you get these complaints and hate towards you.

Talk about a power trip.

Added by BH: Just to clear things up the talk I had with Blusky constituted how he should not be holding onto the OBJ in the map and continueing to camp allies spawn. I said to him he should not do that. His answer was "no ones complaining" if anyone thinks its wrong of me to say this and then kick him for not complying well I dont know. We reserve the right to make decisions as we see fit.

paralysis

BH.

the only pm you gave me was maps and maps before this one (i even think perhaps a day before it)

All im saying is a !shuffle ends with the teams being hopefully more even, but at least we don't have to wait 2 minutes but we can still shoot 'em down and have some ggz. The biggest problem isnt sk anymore, because the players good enough to know that we'll get kicked if you kill the player within 30 seconds of their spawn, but the problem is you dont shuffle when its stacked and then its some how our fault that all the enemys are dead or hiding at the cp.

And hawk, if you realise, i dont think you would have but staying in the same spot for any amount of time means people know where you are and they are coming for you. The idea of me running through cp was to change my spot without running 5 minutes around and if someones going to shoot at me on the way ill ting them a couple of times, that shouldnt count as sk.

Blackhawk

So basically all you guys are crying about is being warned for breaking OZ rules. Hmmmm tell ya what I'm seriously over the pair of you. You come on server and get asked repeatedly to stop spawn killing etc. Then when I finally do impose a penalty regardless of the severity you all come on to the forum to have a lil whine about how awful Blackhawk is. Did you ever stop to think that its YOUR actions that invoke a response from admins in the first place. Did you ever stop to think that if YOU played the game on our server according to how we have set it up to be played there would be no issues. As stated before I dont care about your petty little cry sessions, I dont care that you think I'm an awful admin and I really dont care you think I am an unskilled player. Unlike you spoilt lil yankers its not about K/D for me and many others. I am there for some fun which you constantly remove from the server with your spawn killing and /kill every time you play both of you. My basic answer to all of your idiotic complaints is play by OZ rules or get gone. Simple as. Yea I know your both gonna flame up this thread so go for it I dont care about that either. If you both think my reminding you of OZ rules is whinging then what your saying is that every OZ member who lets you know that your breaking the rules is whinging. About time you two serail sooks started to take some responsibility for what YOU are causing not OZ. Get with the program or get off our server.

Cheerz Mick.

blusky

-OZ-Blackhawk said:
So basically all you guys are crying about is being warned for breaking OZ rules. Hmmmm tell ya what I'm seriously over the pair of you. You come on server and get asked repeatedly to stop spawn killing etc. Then when I finally do impose a penalty regardless of the severity you all come on to the forum to have a lil whine about how awful Blackhawk is. Did you ever stop to think that its YOUR actions that invoke a response from admins in the first place. Did you ever stop to think that if YOU played the game on our server according to how we have set it up to be played there would be no issues. As stated before I dont care about your petty little cry sessions, I dont care that you think I'm an awful admin and I really dont care you think I am an unskilled player. Unlike you spoilt lil yankers its not about K/D for me and many others. I am there for some fun which you constantly remove from the server with your spawn killing and /kill every time you play both of you. My basic answer to all of your idiotic complaints is play by OZ rules or get gone. Simple as. Yea I know your both gonna flame up this thread so go for it I dont care about that either. If you both think my reminding you of OZ rules is whinging then what your saying is that every OZ member who lets you know that your breaking the rules is whinging. About time you two serail sooks started to take some responsibility for what YOU are causing not OZ. Get with the program or get off our server.

Cheerz Mick.
You bend the OZ rules and enforce them inconsistently and harshly on players you dislike. I have NO problem with ANY other admins or mods on the OZ server. The other admins and moderators assess rule infringements clear minded and are generally nice about it, it is a game after all. The other mods actually spend more of their time playing instead of sitting in spec and disrupting game play. You say we are constant rule breakers and you are just enforcing the OZ rules but that statement isn't accurate at all. Take yesterdays example stated in my previous post of a clear indication of how well you enforce the rules.

We know you don't care about our complaints, if you did care you would give us a proper response instead of useless banter. A good admin would usually take criticism instead of denying his flaws and attempting to spin it around.

About time you two serail sooks started to take some responsibility for what YOU are causing not OZ. Get with the program or get off our server.
Lol.

What problems do I cause the OZ server? Why would I want to do anything detrimental to the OZ server when it's the only public server I play ET on? Regarding your statement "Get with the program or get off our server" is a terrible mindset and will ultimately make you lose numbers in your player base. Also the statement calling myself and paralysis "serial sooks" is laughable because you whinge more than anyone one on the server, next to middy. The problem isn't with 'trouble makers' (lol) like myself and paralysis - It's you Blackhawk. You need to approach your admin duties clear headed and act in a positive manner.

Blackhawk

Ok so its all my fault. Riiiiiight I'll remember that the next time someone breaks the rules. Note to self its all my fault these people break the rules. Talk about spinning it round sheesh. Over it, finished with it suit yaselfs.

Mick.

VamP1R4T3

Ok, so you were kicked for something, fair enough. You think it was a bad call, fair enough. You come back five minutes later and can start playing again. Fair enough.

Why the hell are you complaining about something on the forums when it was over and done with after five minutes. I've seen enough of these topics against hawk to be able to tell what's coming.

Shut your mouths and go play the game, you got called out on something, suck it up and wait out the kick, theres no reason to come on the forums whinging about somethign that is listed in the rules as wrong. Its well within our rights to kick you for stepping out of line even if it is "only once".

From now on there will be LITTLE TO NO LENIENCY. All admin decisions WILL BE FINAL and any psots in the complaint section over petty little discrepancies like this WILL BE DELETED. And if you cant handle five minutes of not playing ET then I seriously suggest you consider looking at your priorities.

paralysis

-OZ-Blackhawk said:
Ok so its all my fault. Riiiiiight I'll remember that the next time someone breaks the rules. Note to self its all my fault these people break the rules. Talk about spinning it round sheesh. Over it, finished with it suit yaselfs.

Mick.

BH, take last night for example. You warned me if i got near sking to stop and i did. You warned me again (final one) and i didnt sk. We worked through the rules, i tried not to sk and you didnt kick me and i thank you for that. WELL DONE BH

I think the problem with sking is its an open hand issue. What do i mean, well if you say no swearing on server, thats closed hand, anyone that does gets muted, anyone that avoids the filter gets muted. Theres no argument against it, no discussion within the rule, if its no swearing its closed. Now open hand issues such as sking can be misinterpreted and so thats why me and blusky are asking that you do warn us verbally about sking because to us the cp on goldrush isnt sking but to you it is. So we need to know where your rules apply, and then if we break them repeatedly without remorse or an attempt not to sk then !kick away.

RaVeN!!

If the admins got off their asses and finally put in that script for sk we wouldn't have this problems continually resurfacing.

Cheers

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys - what a volume of reading.

Can we simplify this - sk is a rule that is there for a reason. Para - damn man we go back a way - but someone of your calibre doesnt need to be warned .....you know the rules.....you know the way a server runs (refer IPGN).

You uber players - let your skills talk, grab a can of whoop a$$ like you regularly do and harden the f**k up. You have superior skills, let them do the talking rather than bend/break the rules for higher frags (not that you need - you prawn just about everyone anyway).

paralysis

But as I have said before horus, SK is a rule that goes into the open hand. Its a topic that needs and can be discussed because it all depends on where your personal views are at.

Ill try not to sk, but if i am and its not intentional then just holla. I'll be happy to move.

VamP1R4T3

New rules have been posted, and new SK rules have been posted, please check the -OZ- rulebook for more information, thank you. Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.